Start by marking “Love Me Knot (Holding Out For a Hero, #4)” as Want to Read:
Love Me Knot (Holding Out For a Hero, #4)

Love Me Knot (Holding Out for A Hero #4)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  410 ratings  ·  26 reviews
*Please note that this book is a short story and was written after readers requested it*

Ciara came to Wyattville to reconnect with her half-brother, and use up extra vacation time in the small beach community. What she didn’t planned on was throwing her inhibitions to the wind and falling for a complete stranger.

Ryan Wyatt spends his days serving in the Coast Guard, and hi
Published May 7th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Knot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Knot

Kara Swynn
I live for quick spicy reads and this one delivered! I loved that the heroine didn't sit by and wait for the Hero after it looked like he was being a jackass. Sex was hot, it was easy to read and it made me laugh.

It had everything I love about a great read, just add a little bit more dirty talk and a few "f" bombs from the hero and I'd be giving it the full 5*.

As it is I will definitely re-read this one!
Judi
It’s the water in Wyattville I tell you...it’s like a love drug. Ironic isn’t then that Ryan Wyatt the last single man standing of the Wyatt clan is a member of the Coast Guard.

Ryan doesn’t want to follow in the same steps as his lovesick Wyatt cousins...1, 2, 3 they’re all down for the count and happily married leaving all the single ladies for Ryan to satisfy.

So when Ryan meets a pretty brunette eyes across the dance floor at Kate and Todd’s wedding, he’s not going to turn down the chance to
Jen_C
3.5 stars. I liked Ciara a lot. She deserves some happiness and a family, not to include that pathetic excuse of a half brother Lance. He deserves to be strung up. I cheered when Ryan hit him. :)

Book needs an editor but the story was pretty good.

His gaze slid to her lips. “I want to kiss you, Ciara.” He heard her breath catch. “Are you asking my permission?”
“I rarely ask permission, darlin’. You just caught me thinking aloud.”
MountainKat
Very short, but sweet story! Those Wyatt boys sure fall in love fast!

Finished 6.29.11 - Date cleared so it doesn't count in the 2011 Reading Challenge.
Kelly
Love Me Knot is for people who...

...don't mind a whirlwind one night stand...
...where the hero is somewhat douchey at times.
...kinda like heroines who are innocent and sweet.
...enjoy some steamy sex.

I haven't read any of the earlier books so I really had no connection to the characters other then enjoying watching them do their mating dance thingy. Honestly, Ryan's actions aren't cool, but they are understandable. Honestly, I picked this one up for the sex and it worked nicely. So there you go.

Joyfully Reviewed
Ciara has come to the small town of Wyattville to try and build a relationship with her half-brother. Ciara has become enamored with the beautiful area and the nice people that reside there. She never expected to be swept off her feet by the handsome Ryan Wyatt. Ryan is a Coast Guard rescue swimmer content with his bachelor lifestyle. However, when he meets Ciara she makes him think of forever, that is until he finds out who her brother is. Can Ciara and Ryan overcome the past and find happiness ...more
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I was disappointed in this one as I really didn't like the hero or the heroine very much. It seemed more like insta-lust versus insta-love. I definitely didn't feel the connection between them except in the physical sense. I almost dropped this to a one star but the writing was decent if not inspiring.
Reba Dom
This book felt like it picked up a story line from another book but I've read the first three in the series and that story line didn't exist. So this one felt thrown together. Having said that, I fell in love with Ryan right away and he never let me down. Sexy all the way to the end. Great story.
Angela
My least favorite of the series. It was way to short and he proposed after a couple days... I'm not a really big fan of insta-love, which three out of the four in this series are, but at least the others were more believable. Oh, and he came off as a jerk to me and some of the conversations seemed forced. This probably would've been much better had it been longer, I don't know. And why did the brother just happen to come across them? How did he know where they were? I mean he lived in a differen ...more
Stefanie Thompson
This book gave me that shiver of delight!
Elliebit
2.5/3 Easy, breezy read. Need to get away for an hour? This will work!
Lori
3.75 stars. It was fast and short. my two criticisms. Because otherwise, I adore Shelli Stevens' writing. It's engaging, totally relatable, and it sucks you right in. I can always see myself having a beer, hanging out with her heroines. And thay's a huge comoliment, because I'm a heroine hater.. Srsly. It takes a lot for me to like a heroine. But I can always see myself being friends with ther characters.

Anyway, aside from the almost instalove tgat ens with a marriage proposal, I enjoyed everyt
Lynsey
I don't mean to be a party pooper but this was too short for me to get too excited about!

I loved this series and this book was actually a really good story...but I desperately wanted more. It was anticlimactic. I liked what there was of it, but why does poor Ryan only get a quarter of a book?

Black Butterfly
Apr 04, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: GOODREADS
Shelves: erotica
LAST IN THE SERIES (HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO)VERY SHORT READ BUT I DID LIKE IT. ROMANTIC & STEAMY. I REALLY LIKE THIS AUTHOR SHE CAN MAKE CHARACTERS & SITUATIONS SEEM SO REAL, MAKES YOU WANT TO GO LIVE IN WYATTVILLE WHERE PEOPLE STILL LIVE A LIFE WE CAN ONLY DREAM OF(OR READ ABOUT).
Natasza Waters
One of my favorite writers. Good series. Can't get enough of the small town, hot men; especially brothers, kind of books. Shelli always manages to give me the warm and fuzzies reading her stories. Love the heat level, and plots are tight and quick.

Tia
Out of all four of the novels, this one has to be the best so far. The passion was intense and the revenge was bittersweet. I loved reading it, especially when they were fighting each others feelings for each other. It just goes to show you that love can conquer all.
Katya
Jen
I've enjoyed the Wyattville series –this story seemed to breeze by especially quickly. I often wonder what it'd be like if the novellas were fleshed out even further. This could have been some standout contemporary romance. ...more
Michelle the Romance Witch
an awesome ending to the wyatt's family series... just wish it came in more editions. Too hott for words for sure and you gotta love a hero that you wanna kick as much as you wanna kiss.
Sheila Adams
Pretty good story. I should have been watching page numbers because it ended; when I felt like I'd just begun reading!! (Hazard of reading on a Nook, I suppose)
Robin *loves sexy books*
It was too short of course, lol! But this is a really great little series. Definitely recommend it!
Emmi
Great addition to the series!! love these quick, hot & sweet short stories!!
Tonya
Great short story.
Meh. Enough said.
Sumita Haldar
Sumita Haldar marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
  • Copping To It
  • Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • L.A. Caveman
  • The Heat is On (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Keeping His Promise
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • Edge of the Heat 4 (Westwood Harbor Corruption, #4)
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • Have I Told You Lately?
  • Suck and Blow (Party Games, #1)
  • Criminal Promises: Second Chance Detectives
  • Bless the Beauty (Special Agent Fang, #1)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Birthday Games (Spy Games, #1.5)
  • Tactical Pleasure (Men of S.W.A.T., # 1)
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P
More about Shelli Stevens...

Holding Out for A Hero (4 books)
  • Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1)
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1) Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1) Good Girl Gone Plaid (The McLaughlins, #1) Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3) Negligee Behavior