Start by marking “Machu My Picchu: Searching for Sex, Sanity, and a Soul Mate in South America” as Want to Read:
Machu My Picchu: Searching for Sex, Sanity, and a Soul Mate in South America

Machu My Picchu: Searching for Sex, Sanity, and a Soul Mate in South America

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Amy Sedaris meets Woody Allen in an uproarious memoir of self discovery. In her critically acclaimed memoir Dork Whore, Iris Bahr finally lost her virginity in the summer between high school and Brown University. In this book, she’s ready for love a year later—but not much wiser. Through all of her uproarious capers, she tries to reconcile her craving for mindblowing sex w ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by skirt! (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Machu My Picchu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Machu My Picchu

Ava
Loved it. I was caught by the humorous yet genuine honesty of the author. The adventures are hilarious, though more tamed than her first book Dork Whore. Her descriptions are unique and entertaining. It was a quick read since I couldn't put it down.
Sheri Radford
I don't understand why this memoir was published. Other than a great title and eye-catching cover, it has pretty much nothing going for it. The author's experiences aren't very interesting or unusual, and her view of the world is nothing special. Plus, her attempts at humour are forced and usually fall flat.
Brittany
Iris Bahr is incredibly funny and intelligent (she graduated magna cum laude from Brown). This is a follow-up travel memoir to her first travel memoir entitled Dork Whore. If you are interested in reading this book, make sure you read that first as it gives important background for this book. I really can't say anything more than this I just a really freakin' funny book for adults. Read Bahr if you want to be entertained. Seriously. I hope she writes another book.
Michelle
Machu my Picchu is a fast fluffy read, no confusing or complex plotline. Just a young woman traveling and dealing with her neuroses. Iris is humorous though and she makes really funny observations throughout the book. I liked how open she is about all her issues. At the end of the story, she seems to realize that she needs to work on them before she can ever really be happy.
Katy
This book was hilarious at first and slowly got old after awhile. I liked the journey and was entertained but the content was weak and the humor got old after awhile. I don't think I would recommend this book.
Eileen
funniest book I've read in such a long time. Iris is a great story teller. I haven't read Dork Whore yet but I cannot wait to pick it up.
Jill
Wow, this was self-indulgent. A few good turns of phrase, but mostly a long anecdote I wanted to end. It did.
Melissa Katelyn
hilarious
Saira Waters
Saira Waters is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Davina
Davina marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jan 23, 2015
Rose Planteen
Rose Planteen marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Heather Nicholson
Heather Nicholson marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Ashley Culpepper lacey
Ashley Culpepper lacey marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Iris Bahr is a critically acclaimed writer, actor, director and producer. Having starred on numerous television shows, she is best known for her recurring role as Svetlana (which she wrote and directed for Mark Cuban's Hdnet) and the Orthodox Jewish Girl that gets stuck on a ski-lift with Larry David on CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM. Her critically acclaimed solo show, "DAI (enough)", in which she plays 11 ...more
More about Iris Bahr...
Dork Whore: My Travels Through Asia as a Twenty-Year-Old Pseudo-Virgin DAI (enough): A Play