Podróżniczka (Outlander, #3)

Podróżniczka (Outlander #3)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  90,958 ratings  ·  3,836 reviews
Bodaj najsłynniejsza część wielotomowego romansu historyczno - przygodowego, rozgrywającego się współcześnie i w XVIII wieku w Anglii i Ameryce. Caire Randall, lekarka przeniesiona w czasie do przeszłości, zakochuje się w dzielnym Jamiem. Rozdzielona z ukochanym za sprawą niezwykłych zawirowań losu, usiłuje go odnaleźć. Trafia na Karaiby, do niebezpiecznej krainy piratów i...more
Published September 22nd 2010 by Świat książki (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Podróżniczka, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Podróżniczka

Jen
Far-fetched, Eye-rolling, scoff-producing. But so stinkin' good.

Seriously, these books are so D!@# good. Mostly because she's such a detailed writer and she's really good at grabbing your attention and taking it for an adventurous ride. In fact, the cover of the book had a review on the cover that said, "Adventurous escapism at it's finest." Amen. Once you're in, it's so hard to think of anything else until it's over.

But at the same time... these books are entirely too ridiculous. So much happen...more
Stephanie
Just finished the third tale of Jamie and Claire in Voyager, I must admit it was my favorite so far.

……………Spoilers…………………………………..can’t write these and not have them………………………

Awe damn, not again. “Hello Claire, nice to see you yet again.”

“Stephanie? How did you end up here? I don’t see that strange vehicle you usually use to time travel.”

“I had to return the time mower. The owner was not amused by my ‘borrowing’ it. He mumbled something about a restraining order, hooligans and red heads; I must h...more
Kate
Jan 23, 2008 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who wouldn't ever read a romance novel, history buffs
Gabaldon's sex-ridden, hugely researched, academically adventurous, time travel/sci-fi meets historical romance novels qualify as trash novels for lit nerds -- they're absolutely a guilty pleasure. From clan warfare to herbal medicine to genealogy to British history to WWII, the books are packed with information (what little Gaelic I know started with these book). Bonus: the heroine gets to have many, many rolls in the hay with a handsome hard-bodied Highlander. Can't really go wrong.

The books w...more
Nicole
Jun 25, 2007 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who love good historical fiction
The Outlander series is definitely one of my most recommencded series of books. I might even love these books more than Harry Potter - and that's saying something.

The Outlander books are set in the 1700s. They start off in Scotland, but later travel to Paris, Jamaica and the American Colonies.

Claire and Jamie, the book's two main characters are fantastic. They're deep, smart and action-oriented, yet very real. As their relationship evolves over the series of books, it evolves realistically. They...more
Mo

This was another five star read. I mean, how can it not be. The effort this author has put into the books is unbelievable. Not sure how long it takes her to do her research.

“It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach”

Twenty years have passed and Claire returns through the stones. I thought their first meeting fell a little bit flat for me! Maybe my expections were too high.

Plenty has happened in the twenty years that Claire and Jamie have been apart. Some of the things I wish didn’t happen,...more
Holly
Karen
I'M ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to begin with my review. I suppose I'll have to think on it a bit... JUST KNOW... there are not enough stars in the sky. As I work my way through this series.... I am just dumbfounded at the awesomeness before me. And this book, by far my favorite so far in the series... words cannot express my love for these characters, and this story. But again, it's one of those stories that enraptures those ONLY that it's meant to. And I am definitel...more
Alisa
I have to say that I was generally disappointed by this third book in the series. I was SO excited to read it, but the first half dragged and the second half was just ridiculous most of the time. I'm ok with SOME unlikely siuations (after all, the whole premise of the book is unlikely!) but this was just non-stop. She kept resurrecting characters from earlier in this book or previous books and it often made little sense as to why they suddenly appeared. I felt like the last 200 pages were the fo...more
Mitzi
Voyager is book 3 in Jamie and Claire series. It is one of my favorites!

With the help of Roger and Brea doing historical research, they think they have found Jamie alive in Scotland and working as a printer.

And so this book takes Claire through the stones once again and back to Jamie (at long last!). It also gives us insight to some of the events that happened to them during their 20 year seperation;

Jamie after the war held up in a cave for 7 years, him being a prisoner at Ardsmuir and then a...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Heidi

Beware of Spoilers

Voyager is the third installment in Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. Voyager picks up where Dragonfly in Amber left off. Jamie and Claire have just parted ways…him to go back and face his grisly death on Culloden field and her to go back through the stones at Craigh na Dun so she can bring her and Jamie’s child safely into the world.

The book then takes us through the next twenty years, telling us what exactly happened to the sepa...more
Tatiana
Jan 11, 2010 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "Outlander" fans
Well, I am back to rekindle my love for Jamie Alexander Fraser. The second book left me in such an emotional turmoil, I just had to know how the drama ends. I cheated and flipped through pages of "Voyager" to get closure some weeks ago but now it is finally time to read and enjoy the book in full...

Once again, Gabaldon doesn't disappoint. She has a talent for characterization and is a stellar storyteller, there is no doubt about it. Once again, she takes us on a fabulous adventure through times...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
Well, another Jamie and Claire adventure and it's getting harder and harder to write these without spoilers so I'll try but beware there may be some!

At the end of Dragonfly in Amber, Claire realizes that Jamie didn't die at Culloden so Claire, Roger and Brianna decide to research and see what information they can come up with. I loved all this part - the different POV's, the interactions between Claire and Bree, Bree and Roger and Roger and Claire and just how it all played out. (I really hope...more
Lucia
“Only you," he said, so softly I could barely hear him. "To worship ye with my body, give ye all the service of my hands. To give ye my name, and all my heart and soul with it. Only you. Because ye will not let me lie--and yet ye love me.”

EPIC STORY. PHENOMENAL WRITING.

This is without a doubt my all time favourite series!

To read my reviews of previous books, click on pic:

Jasmin
WARNING: First part of this review (if this could still be called a review) will sort of be a homage/ temple for worship to my beloved James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser, the most gorgeous and swoon worthy hero ever existing in literature!

♪♫♪ Ain’t no other man can stand up next to you
Ain’t no other man on the planet does what you do
You’re the kind of guy a girl finds on a blue moon
You got soul, you got class, you got style in your bad ass
Ain’t no other man, it’s true.
-Christina Aguilera...more
Christy
Mar 04, 2010 Christy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction and romance fans
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Apr 01, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Outlander Fans
Not a true review...Random thoughts

Highlights
- Jamie and Claire’s reunion
- Jamie’s third person POV, including what happened to him during the years of their separation
- Lord John Grey’s role in Jamie’s life
- The hunt for the hidden treasure
- Information about time-travel
- A prophecy is told
- A surprise character from Outlander returns.

Issues
The book had over-the-top angst with a series of coincidences, old acquaintances entering the story, and back-to-back obstacles. Jamie and Claire can’t see...more
Crystal Starr Light
When we last saw Claire and Jaime and the gang, Claire had just finished telling her story about Jaime and Scotland to her daughter, Brianna, and a researcher, Roger. They decide to find out what happened to Jaime. Apparently, he did NOT die in the Battle of Culloden...but is he still alive in the 1760's? And does Claire want to leave behind her life in the 1960's--including her beloved daughter--to return to a man who may not love her anymore?

The Outlander series has been an emotional roller co...more
Katie
I wasn't sure if Diana Gabaldon could pull off a 20 year absence between the characters, but she did it beautifully. In the first half of the book, i actually really loved reading about Jamie's adventures. I found myself laughing with him, and feeling heartbroken for him, and anticipating his reunion with Claire.

The second half was spectacular. I loved the scene's the author painted with the new locations. I sometimes could feel the sway of the boat, or see the West Indie's beaches and mountain...more
M. ~ B&B
"Only you," he said, so softly I could barely hear him. "To worship ye with my body, give ye all the service of my hands. To give ye my name, and all my heart and soul with it. Only you. Because ye will not let me lie - yet ye love me."

I don't know what I expected going into this book, but I didn't expect this. It was so good, so different yet so much the same. This couple goes through so much together and comes out stronger for it, every time.
Loving you has put me through hell more than on
Edee Fallon
I'm exhausted. That was quite a journey. I didn't know what to expect from Voyager and was pleasantly surprised (<--that's quite an understatement) at all the twists and turns and circles that came up full. DG is THE master of all master storytellers. I never expected to laugh so hard or to be put and kept on the edge of my seat the entire time.

There were loads of new characters as well plus deeper understanding of others. I am ridiculously intrigued with Lord John Grey and will definitely r...more
Candice
Ugh, I'm a sucker. I don't even know why I kept on with this series, beyond the absolute literary boner I had during "Outlander," a little less throughout "Dragonfly in Amber" (although there were some breathtaking chapters, particularly Claire's miscarriage and mental breakdown, the healing that happened in La Havre following James' torture at the hands of Randall, interesting meditations on faith, et cetera). Three books in and there's a good chance I'll still read "Drums of Autumn" and "The F...more
Patti
Ok... so I've read the entire Outlander series previously, this is book 3. I've just started re-reading them all in order and all in a row. The writing is fabulous... detailed, yet easy to get through. I am a huge fan of historical fiction and this is a great example of it! Start with Outlander... and if you're not half in love with Jamie and planning a trip to Scotland historical fiction just might not be for you.
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
I think this may be my favorite book in the series so far. I'll have to ponder the book and see how I feel in a few days. It's hard to express the love and awe I have for this epic tale. And it's mind-boggling to know there are four more "epic size" books in the series!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Re-read for 3rd time*

Natalie
★★★★ 4 stars!

Voyager is definitley my new favorite book in this series after Outlander. It was pretty much perfection for me and it pains me not to give this 5 stars. I have absolutely no comlplaint about the first 50-60%, after that it was still amazing but there were some storylines I liked more then others.

Jamie and Claire are now twenty years older, but still apart. We get to learn about their seperate lives in their separate times. Other characters are also slowly introduced, like their d...more
Gaijinmama
this was maybe my fourth re-read...loved it even more this time!
Sigh. Swoon. Thud.
Jamie is in his forties now, but so am I. He and Claire have overcome incredible obstacles to be together across space and time, and their passion takes my breath away.
In addiction to the Red Hot Whooppee-Making, there's humor, adventure, a bit of magic and mystery, some interesting new characters and a couple of unexpected reunions with old friends.
Oh, and there are pirates. And a pelican. And a kinky little Ch...more
Joana

5++++++ TIMELESS, MESMERIZING AND ALL CONSUMING STARS

description

I love this quote, especially since Jamie and Claire are those characters larger than life, you can't help rooting for them, get emotional over them, feel protective...it's says a lot of an author when she makes us feel for a character,making it that way real for us.

Did I loved this book?

Well, if you saw my updates or my reviews of the previous books,that's not really a surprise. But for me to say that from books I already thought it was am...more
Julianna
Dec 03, 2010 Julianna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone Looking for a Great Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Voyager is another fabulous installment in the Outlander series which takes the reader on a wild ride full of action, adventure, romance, mystery, history, and paranormal phenomena that keeps the story moving at a pretty good clip. On the occasions where things did slow down a bit, it was usually to introduce a new character or add some character development, but before I knew it, yet another exciting event was occurring. Voyager reunites star-crossed lovers Jamie and Cla...more
CaliGirlRae
Cardi
Aug 29, 2007 Cardi added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Outlander fans
Shelves: backburner
Well I'm reading this in dribs and drabs. Nothing will compare to Outlander, but I preferred Dragonfly in Amber over this again. Perhaps it is that Jamie and Claire have sped forward in time and gotten old (by an early-twenties-something's standards) or should I say middle-aged. This means two things: a) the fun-sexy-time scenes (which are infrequent) don't work for me unless I picture them as still young, otherwise I get a wee bit icked out (but just a wee bit mind you)
b) it's harder to ident...more
Return of a Character (spoilers) 6 34 Sep 15, 2014 04:59PM
Serious????? 17 343 Jun 17, 2014 01:45PM
Joyce's Reading Log: Voyager by Diana Gabaldon 1 11 May 17, 2014 01:18PM
That's Normal's B...: We're talking Voyager- Outlander Book #3 23 79 Mar 04, 2014 07:56AM
Bookworm Bitches : September Buddy Read: Voyager (Outlander #3) 80 56 Sep 25, 2013 07:42PM
  • Lake in the Clouds (Wilderness, #3)
  • Soul of a Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #3)
  • The Pride of Lions (Highlands, #1)
  • Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)
  • Binding Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady of the Glen: A Novel of 17th-Century Scotland and the Massacre of Glencoe
  • Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)
  • The Rose Garden
  • Here be Dragons (Welsh Princes, #1)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • The Wild Rose of Kilgannon (Kilgannon, #2)
  • The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2)
Diana Jean Gabaldon Watkins grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona and is of Mexican-American and English descent. She has earned three degrees: a B.S. in Zoology, a M.S. in Marine Biology, and a Ph.D in Ecology.

She currently lives in Scottsdale, Arizona .
More about Diana Gabaldon...
Outlander (Outlander, #1) Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5) A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)

“It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach” 183 likes
“Do ye not understand?"he said, in near desparation. "I would lay the world at your feet, Claire-and I have nothing to give ye!"
He honestly thought it mattered.”
168 likes