Arizona Guy

Arizona Guy

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Ted White, a high school band director from California, comes to Ajo, Arizona to house-sit for his aunt and uncle, hoping to get some space from a failed relationship.

But something isn’t right. Ted’s relatives, not scheduled to leave until he arrived, are gone. They left no note, no key, they don’t answer their phones. And no one in this small town seems to know where they...more
Published April 15th 2011 by WiDo Publishing

Karen
This is a different kind of regional mystery-- one with a young guy as the protagonist rather than an elderly lady or a young hip woman-- and that added to my enjoyment of it. Ted White comes from California to house sit for his aunt and uncle in Ajo, Arizona. Problem is, they're missing, and no one in this small, close-knit border town seems to know where they are. As Ted traipses all over town, dealing with a very confused neighbor lady and an angry teen who seems to want him out of the way at...more
Evelyn
Arizona Guy is a great book! Its a fast read and is so good that you just can't put it down. I found myself reading into the next chapter a few pages just to see what happened after the cliff hanger of the previous chapter. I found I wasn't getting anything else done, as I wanted to know what happened next in the small Arizona town of Ajo. Being an Arizona native, I found that I could relate to everything he put in his book. I am a retired Teacher and its great to find a mystery book that appeal...more
Marilyn
Great

this book was so interesting that I had to read I to the night.the people were so real and the excitement kept going.
Douglas Cook
Thin plot line. Characters were not well developed.

First paragraph
I didn’t consider becoming an Arizona guy until I was called a California guy. I drove alone out of Greenwood City, California, in my dark blue Toyota pickup, leaving behind its green lawns, leaves, and moss. I didn’t realize how sick of green I had become until I found it growing in the back of my closet. Give me anything but green!

Spitzer, Raymond (2011-05-04). Arizona Guy (A Ted White Mystery #1) (Kindle Locations 30-33). WiDo...more
Ron
This book is really good. I once lived in Southern Arizona and when I read this book, I could not put it down. It reminded me of my childhood years of growing up in the desert. The author really knows his Arizona and Ajo area geography and writes a mystery that kept me on edge. Why are the the relatives missing? Was it murder? The amount of detail and variety of characters is great. All the characters are easily kept track of too, so there is no confusion. What happens next? Raymond Spitzer, ple...more
David Bergsland
I downloaded the book as Christian fiction. It is a good story, good people, entertaining, but there is no spiritual content. There is quite a bit of religious information, Mormon. But, there is nothing about a person's relationship with God, and certainly nothing about Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Other than the spiritual disappointment, this was a quick fun read. Almost a Jesse Stone type of experience, but of the religious "nice guy" genre.

It is sad to see how diluted so-called Christian fiction...more
Charissa
Ted White moves to Ajo, Arizona to watch his aunt and uncle's home for the summer. He arrives there to an empty house, a break-in, and mysterious happenings. Not knowing where his aunt and uncle are, and suspecting foul play, he enlists the police and the whole town to find his missing relatives...and in the process, finds friends and peace. The writing was fine, but the plot didn't suck me in like I wish it had.
Raymond Spitzer
I may be biased since I wrote it, but Arizona Guy is top notch in my opinion. The editors helped me refine my vision and make this the first book of the Arizona Guy series. It has everything: mystery, music, Mormons, humor, and even some spirituality. But for those who don't want to be preached at, be assured that the editors made me take out all the preachy parts. It is short and sweet.
Nancy H
This was an excellent mystery. Having been a teacher, and having been at one time married to a band director, there were a lot of things that resonated with me in this story. I thought the writing was really good and the plot had just the right amount of twists and turns to make it a page-turned. I will definitely be reading any sequels that come along.
Sharon Michael
Interesting storyline, reasonably well developed characters, and although I found the eventual solution somewhat on the weak side, it did work and provided different twist.

I was particularly impressed by the very accurate 'feel' of the desert from a newcomer's point of view.
Jera Gunther
This was a fun read. I know the author and grew up in the town that makes the setting for this book. I don't read mysteries too much, but I enjoyed it.
Tyrone
Good book. My mom got my an autographed copy. I have good memories of Ajo as a kid.
Anita
Easy read. Interesting from the beginning.
Pam Koenig
Pam Koenig marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Samantha Fisher
Samantha Fisher marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Molly Lyions
Molly Lyions marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Kyria Joyner
Kyria Joyner marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Bj Markowski
Bj Markowski marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Taren Shelton
Taren Shelton marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Tamela Sutler
Tamela Sutler marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Robert Brumwell
Robert Brumwell marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Guin
Guin marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Sarah Batteese
Sarah Batteese marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Randy
Randy marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014