Start by marking “A Deadly Kind of Love (Deadly Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Deadly Kind of Love (Deadly Mystery, #6)

A Deadly Kind of Love (Deadly Mystery #6)

Nothing bad is supposed to happen in Palm Springs.
At least that's what San Francisco private detective Tom Danzel and his partner Stanley Korski believe. But when their friend Chris finds a dead body in his hotel room bed, Tom and Stanley drive out to help the local police investigate.
What they discover is a gangster's plot, a rather nasty green snake, and an elegant hot
Published June 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Deadly Kind of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Deadly Kind of Love

Ami
May 09, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
The 6th book of the Deadly series, opens with Chris Rafferty (Tom and Stanley's friend) stumbles into a cold body on his bed, while he is staying at Winter Beach Inn, the gay inn, in Palm Springs. He quickly calls Tom and Stanley, so then the couple leaves to Palm Springs, in order to comfort Chris, while at the same time, trying to get around to gives a little extra help for the Palm Springs PD. Soon, bodies are piling up, secrets about the guests at the inn come to the surface ...

Mystery wise,
Kyra
Jun 12, 2011 Kyra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A wonderful addition to the series. I was so immersed in the book, I wasn't aware I was nearing the end and when I reached the last page I actually groaned out loud. I didn't want to leave the guys.

As usual there were many funny moments. I laughed so hard when Tom wanted to order an extra rare steak. "Just slap the cow on the butt and send her in." :D It was great to see Tom and Stanley angst free. Although I can understand Stanley's fears. After all Tom was straight all his life and isn't attr
Ije the Devourer of Books
Yay for Tom and Stanley as they take the lead in solving three murders at a gay inn at Palm Springs. This is the last book in the 'Deadly' series (unless the author writes another one). Stanley and Tom are now an established couple and also established detectives. As they get to the bottom of this crime we get to see them still deeply in love, but recognising that there is still much for them to learn about each other.

Tom is still very much the macho man and somewhat uneasy about being part of a
Lily
I loved reading Stanley and Tom's latest adventure. These two have been through so much since they got together and it was nice to see them happy and in love... and angst-free. They still have their moments of worry about the other and their relationship but really, doesn't everyone at one time or another? An all around entertaining, funny, sexy story. I'd love to read more Deadly Mysteries in the future although from what I've heard we may not get anymore Stanley and Tom adventures. Too bad!
Lori K
Jun 02, 2011 Lori K rated it it was amazing
6 Stars!

This 6th installment is the best so far. I enjoyed the Tom/Stanley interactions more than ever, no relationship angst this time. Tom is at his most charming and Stanley isn't doing anything to tempt himself.

The mystery was fun and, of course, well written.

Absolutely recommended.
Chris
Jun 03, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, mystery, 2011, ebook
Very good m/m mystery in which Tom and Stanley head to Palm Springs to help a friend who found a dead man in his hotel bed. I must confess that it was refreshing to read a nearly angst-free installment of their story!
Josephine Myles
Always good to have more Tom and Stanley, but there were a few points in this one where it got too nasty for me. I think I may have turned into a total wuss when it comes to horrific, bloody fictional killings.
Neet
Jul 21, 2011 Neet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 6th and possibly final in the Deadly series is a nail-hitting on the edge thriller.Stanley and Tom find themselves investigating a possible murder in Palm Springs after they get a call from mutual friend Chris. Chris is on vacation at an exclusive gay Inn, when he stumbles upon a dead body in his bed.Tom and Stanley drive from San Francisco to Palm Springs, sure they could go via plane,but since Tom was shot and has a metal plate in his hip (all thanks to Stanley's deranged late brother)they ...more
Hellen
Jul 12, 2011 Hellen rated it it was amazing
Ahhh, Love. This book was so incredibly romantic. I needed some kind of reassurance after the almost-cheating of the fifth book and I was not disappointed.

There wasn't much interaction of Tom and Stanley as a couple (they kiss once), but their words, the fierce protectiveness of each other, the knowing smiles are enough to see the strong bond that exists between them. I still can't believe we are talking of the same Tom from the first book, when he told Stanley “I don’t even like to look at your
Lady*M
May 27, 2011 Lady*M rated it really liked it
Banis's excellent writing, humor and, naturally, the characters of Stanley and Tom are some of the trademarks of the series and A Deadly Kind of Love is not an exception. This book has surprisingly little drama in relationship department although the echoes of past problems still exist. It was refreshing though to read about TomStanley, a committed couple, certain in one another. The setting was very interesting, but obvious bad guy and over-the-top ending lowered my rating. Tom and Stanley rema ...more
Pam
Another great addition to the series and to think I almost missed it. I didn't realize that Mr. Banis had switched the series to Dreamspinner Press and didn't catch that the book was in the Deadly Mystery series until I'd read the first few pages.

The book is fast moving, the story well plotted and the characters well developed. I loved the setting at the gay resort and Frederick and the use of the Green Mojave snake as a means of killing. There's also plenty of funny moments and danger. Tom and
Sandra
May 31, 2011 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OK, I really loved A Deadly Kind of Love BUT I could not believe (view spoiler) ...more
Terry
Jul 14, 2011 Terry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: male-authors
Although I have enjoyed this series of books From Victor Banis, when I came to the end I felt as though he must have been on a deadline from the publisher as the denouement seemed rather rushed and the ending cut short. On the plus side though the story was strong and made me think of some Agatha Christie books I have read.
Julia
Aug 09, 2011 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, cop-pi-spy, favorites
I feel like I was waiting forever for this one to come out. I love the entire series and this one didn't disappoint. It was fun to read a story with Stanley and Tom where they were happy together beginning to end. Hoping for another one.
Julie-from-mtl
Jun 30, 2012 Julie-from-mtl rated it liked it
My favorite book in the series, it rated 4.5 stars until the extremely abrupt non-ending...I actually went back to check if there was a period at the end of the last sentence! There was, but it really felt like the book ended mid-sentence.
Janie
Aug 14, 2013 Janie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Haven't read the previous books but I liked the detectives together. I liked Chris but there wasn't enough of him in this book for my liking since the wholes beginning of the book was centered around him and then only little bits of him through the rest. Yoki broke my heart!!
Yvonne
Nov 28, 2011 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Love reading about Tom and Stanley again. They've come a long way from book 1. 5 star most of the way but I wanted more from them. I understand V. Banis is not continuing the series so wished the ending had been a little less abrupt.
PaperMoon
Despite starting this series with book 6, I was not left too much in the dark regarding the investigative duo's relationship. This proved a fun, summer beach-read type of book.
Serena
Jul 21, 2013 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mm
My Rating System:
Donna
Nov 23, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-read
Last book in this series? Probably...wish it wasn't so...have enjoyed every minute of the adventures of Tom and Stanley!!!!
momokaachan
Aug 14, 2012 momokaachan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, series
Oh,I am so sad this series is over :(

So much good detecting, so much love, so many red (and other colors) herrings. Great read!
Carycleo
Dec 19, 2011 Carycleo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Young men dropping like flies at a super swank gay resort in Palm Springs. Yakuza and samurai action and intrigue. Tom and Stan in fine form tracking down the bad guys.
Andrea
Jan 15, 2016 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable but not much of a mystery. Intriguing characters and I'll probably buy more of this series.
Daria
Daria rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2017
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Lesdmark
Lesdmark rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2013
Mara
Mara rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Geoff
Geoff rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Laurel
Laurel rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it really liked it
May 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • L.A. Bytes (L.A., #4)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • Three More Nick Nowak Mysteries (Boystown #2)
  • All or Nothing (Taking the Odds, #3)
  • All Lessons Learned (Cambridge Fellows, #8)
  • 72 Hours
  • Mahu Vice (Mahu, #4)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Sort of Stranger Than Fiction (Petit Morts, #7)
  • Touching Evil
  • Missing Daughter, Shattered Family (David Lloyd Investigations #1)
  • In the Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • Closet (Todd Mills Mystery #1)
  • The Slayer's Apprentice
119291
Victor J. Banis is a writer. Go here to read his own autobiographical sketch. It's worth it.
More about Victor J. Banis...

Deadly Mystery (7 books)
  • Deadly Nightshade (Deadly Mystery, #1)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Deadly Dreams (Deadly Mystery, #3)
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Deadly Silence (Deadly Mystery #5)
  • A Prayer for the Dead (Deadly Mystery, #7)