Good Night Princess Pruney Toes

Good Night Princess Pruney Toes

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The best-selling team of Lisa McCourt and Cyd Moore have created another winner in the same imaginative, fun-loving sstyle as their previous collaborations, I Love You, Stinky Face; I Miss You, Stinky Face; and It's Time For School, Stinky Face. When an adorable little girl gets out of the bath, she's Princess Pruney Toes and her father is Sir Daddy, a royal helper at her...more
Published December 31st 1999 by Troll Communications

To ask other readers questions about Good Night Princess Pruney Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night Princess Pruney Toes

Amy
After playing in the bath for a while, she stuck her toes up in the air so Daddy could see how shriveled and wrinkly they were. “Time to dry off, Princess Pruney Toes,” said Daddy. She liked the sound of that so off she went to her room to find her crown. Princess Pruney Toes was dried off by Sir Daddy. Then Daddy starts to fix her a bedtime snack, but princesses don’t eat bananas! When Daddy asks what princesses eat, Princess Pruney Toes responds with, “Princesses eat snacks that are shaped lik...more
Nia King
This is the cutest book for princesses and daddy's. An ordinary night of taking a bath and preparing for bed turns into an extraordinary event and lots of fun with dad. This book has a great deal of challenging vocabulary and is good to introduce new words.
Kristina
Nov 11, 2009 Kristina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: princesses, 3-4 year olds, parents of little girls
I originally checked this book out from the library for Ava, who was 3 at the time. It quickly became her favorite book, and soon became mine. The affectionate banter between the young heroine, Princess Pruney Toes (so dubbed due to the phenomenon caused by oversoaking in the bath) and her father, Sir Daddy, as she gets ready for bed is fun to read, especially outloud: Princess: "Will SOMEONE please defend my most delicious snack from the kingdom's greedy dragon? (the family dog)"
Sir Daddy: "I...more
Hilary
Such a cute book, especially for dads and daughters.
Jennifer Amichia
I couldn't help but to smile with each page turn while reading this book. I am such a daddy's girl and this book does a great job of spotlighting a beautiful father-daughter relationship. The adjectives and wittiness of Princess Pruney Toes' father is refreshing. This book would be a good read for children living in single parent house holds, especially if said parent is the father. Their interaction is positive with a great dose of childish charm.
Sarah Kasper
This would be a great book to share when teaching students about text. This story uses text in interesting ways. When the little girl is talking, the text is portrayed in a specific way, this is the same for when the Dad is talking. So when students read the book, they can tell which character is speaking. I would have students explore writing this way by having them write there own stories in which the text is different for different characters.
Caroline Barnett
This is such a cute book. Every Dad and daughter pair should have this book. In the classroom I would use this book to work with text, in a writing workshop. Throughout the book when the princess is talking the text is curvy and colorful, letting the reader know which character is talking. This book is very colorful and is a fun read!
Universitybabe
A pretty good bedtime story but the kids didn't fall in love with anything about it. They had us read it several times more because it was new than because they really liked it. Their idea of a princess is cinderella--not a spoiled kids who's dad over induldges
Dolly
Jul 15, 2009 Dolly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We first found this on Tumblebooks and our girls just loved it. They wanted to hear it over and over again. They just couldn't get enough of it. One of our absolute favorites...
Jen
Anyone who knows a little girl who thinks she "rules" - need to look at this book. :)
David
Cute idea, but I sure don't like this artwork.
Francheska Silverio
Francheska Silverio marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Alisha Knust
Alisha Knust marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Khristina
Khristina marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Christina Agee
Christina Agee marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I Love You, Stinky Face Merry Christmas, Stinky Face I Miss You, Stinky Face Happy Halloween, Stinky Face The Most Thankful Thing