Start by marking “Good Night Princess Pruney Toes” as Want to Read:
Good Night Princess Pruney Toes

Good Night Princess Pruney Toes

The best-selling team of Lisa McCourt and Cyd Moore have created another winner in the same imaginative, fun-loving style as their previous collaborations, I Love You, Stinky Face; I Miss You, Stinky Face; and It's Time for School, Stinky Face.When an adorable little girl gets out of the bath, she's Princess Pruney Toes and her father is Sir Daddy, a royal helper at her se ...more
Published December 31st 1999 by Troll Communications

To ask other readers questions about Good Night Princess Pruney Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night Princess Pruney Toes

Dec 22, 2015 Dolly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We first found this on Tumblebooks and our girls just loved it. They wanted to hear it over and over again. They just couldn't get enough of it. One of our absolute favorites...

December 2015 update: I borrowed the hardcover edition from the library to share with my visiting brother-in-law and his two-year-old daughter. I had hoped that they would fall in love with this tale as much as we did.

After rereading the story, I was a tiny bit disappointed. The book just doesn't hold a candle to the nar
Dec 06, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
After playing in the bath for a while, she stuck her toes up in the air so Daddy could see how shriveled and wrinkly they were. “Time to dry off, Princess Pruney Toes,” said Daddy. She liked the sound of that so off she went to her room to find her crown. Princess Pruney Toes was dried off by Sir Daddy. Then Daddy starts to fix her a bedtime snack, but princesses don’t eat bananas! When Daddy asks what princesses eat, Princess Pruney Toes responds with, “Princesses eat snacks that are shaped lik ...more
Jun 12, 2016 Lacey rated it it was amazing
A cute bedtime story for dads and their daughters. I wish my husband could have read it to her but sadly he is off training for military. Might have to borrow this again from the library so he can read it to her at a later date. Very cute illustrations too.
Nia King
Jul 14, 2014 Nia King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bed-time
This is the cutest book for princesses and daddy's. An ordinary night of taking a bath and preparing for bed turns into an extraordinary event and lots of fun with dad. This book has a great deal of challenging vocabulary and is good to introduce new words.
Becky Carleton
Jul 29, 2015 Becky Carleton rated it really liked it
I love all of the books by author Lisa McCourt and illustrator Cyd Moore. In this one a little girl and her daddy pretend she is a princess getting ready for bed. A clever and sweet celebration of playful imagination.
Nov 11, 2009 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: princesses, 3-4 year olds, parents of little girls
I originally checked this book out from the library for Ava, who was 3 at the time. It quickly became her favorite book, and soon became mine. The affectionate banter between the young heroine, Princess Pruney Toes (so dubbed due to the phenomenon caused by oversoaking in the bath) and her father, Sir Daddy, as she gets ready for bed is fun to read, especially outloud: Princess: "Will SOMEONE please defend my most delicious snack from the kingdom's greedy dragon? (the family dog)"
Sir Daddy: "I
Aug 06, 2014 Hilary rated it it was amazing
Such a cute book, especially for dads and daughters.
May 26, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Such a delightful story!!
Mar 13, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I couldn't help but to smile with each page turn while reading this book. I am such a daddy's girl and this book does a great job of spotlighting a beautiful father-daughter relationship. The adjectives and wittiness of Princess Pruney Toes' father is refreshing. This book would be a good read for children living in single parent house holds, especially if said parent is the father. Their interaction is positive with a great dose of childish charm.
Sarah Kasper
This would be a great book to share when teaching students about text. This story uses text in interesting ways. When the little girl is talking, the text is portrayed in a specific way, this is the same for when the Dad is talking. So when students read the book, they can tell which character is speaking. I would have students explore writing this way by having them write there own stories in which the text is different for different characters.
Caroline Barnett
This is such a cute book. Every Dad and daughter pair should have this book. In the classroom I would use this book to work with text, in a writing workshop. Throughout the book when the princess is talking the text is curvy and colorful, letting the reader know which character is talking. This book is very colorful and is a fun read!
May 13, 2008 Universitybabe rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
A pretty good bedtime story but the kids didn't fall in love with anything about it. They had us read it several times more because it was new than because they really liked it. Their idea of a princess is cinderella--not a spoiled kids who's dad over induldges
Sep 23, 2007 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Anyone who knows a little girl who thinks she "rules" - need to look at this book. :)
Jan 20, 2009 David rated it liked it
Cute idea, but I sure don't like this artwork.
Graham Pigeon
Graham Pigeon marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Christian Fern
Christian Fern marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
Dakota Bauer
Dakota Bauer marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Grant added it
Sep 28, 2016
Alexandra M.
Alexandra M. marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Karen rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Tara marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Carrie added it
Jun 15, 2016
Tara Conigliaro
Tara Conigliaro marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Ayoung marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Adria Schoen
Adria Schoen rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Jeanne Reyes
Jeanne Reyes rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Sarah Ashburn
Sarah Ashburn marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016