3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Three award-winning advertising executives prove that in business, Sacred Cows deserve to die.

Don't get us wrong. While the authors have nothing against cows in general—they love steak—they do have a problem with Sacred Cows. Blindly doing things because...well...that's the way they've always been done. Formulas may be comforting, but they rarely work in the real world. F...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 15th 2008 by Tantor Media (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Death to All Sacred Cows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death to All Sacred Cows

Sharon
I will say the fact that I read this is a loose term because I didn't read it. I couldn't. I read the first couple chapters all the way through and didn't like it. So then I skipped around reading snippets to see if maybe I was just stuck in the intro part before the book found its identity. But no, still no good. My major problems with this book include the constant joking and bizarre conversations in this book. I appreciate a sense of humor in a book, but this was so jokey that it made it hard...more
Paul
Jun 20, 2009 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shane Chesney
Certainly the most entertaining business book I ever read. Interestingly, the authors have my sense of humor about things. Is there anything earth shattering in here? Not really, but there wasn't anything I would label as "bull" either. And they didn't overdo it, meaning the book wasn't 300 pages when it could have been 30. Well done.
Lisa
Winningly iconoclastic book about how not to suck in business by knowing when to break the rules. Nothing revolutionary here but an enjoyable read and I wish I worked in the same office as these guys. If you read Buckingham> you've got the idea.
Igor Voloshin
Читал эту кингу на русском языке. Издательство Манн Иванов и Фербер. Хорошая быстрая книга, которая просто может дать небольшую встряску тем, у кого бизне застоялся черезчур и надо что-то делать. А ещё хорошо для тех, кто любит сам себе придумывать правила, всегда им следовать и никогда не нарушать - это НЕПРАВИЛЬНО!
Brandon McKinniss
This is a great business book that takes a stance against so many business "norms" and brings a little common sense and logic to several major problems/situations that are common in the business world.
Marjorie Elwood
A quick, fun read, with a lot of common sense advice such as "don't put up with jerks in your organization", "the customer isn't always right". Not terribly revolutionary, but a good reminder.
Maura
The book tried a little too hard to be comedic, but there were some good ideas. I listened to the audio version and the speaker did a good job of keeping the silliness in its place.
Linda
While I agree with many of the points in the book, I think I was looking for something a bit more substantive. I'm not sure in what way. The writing was a little silly for me.
Tim Chase
Not a whole lot of new material, but presented in a witty way that made it far more digestable than the average business-productivity book
Carle
My dad wrote it :-) Its awsome, inspiring and I'd highly recommend it!
Viktoriya
Viktoriya marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Raziyeh
Raziyeh marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Bharath
Bharath marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
TJ
TJ added it
Oct 08, 2013
Unit of Raine
Unit of Raine is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2012
Era
Era added it
Oct 10, 2012
Death to All Sacred Cows: How Successful Businesses Put The Old Rules Out To Pasture Death to All Sacred Cows: How Successful Business People Put the Old Rules Out to Pasture