Start by marking “Tender Mercies ” as Want to Read:
Tender Mercies

Tender Mercies

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  4,336 Ratings  ·  390 Reviews
“Grace. That word that finally meant something again. Mercy. Favor. Good will.”

Fed up with play kink, Grace Warner moves to an island that embraces voluntary enslavement to be with a man she met online. Within hours of her arrival, everything is ripped from her, and she quickly learns play is preferable to reality.

Asher Collins has spent the past year mourning and blamin
Published May 6th 2011 by Burlesque Press

Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

KITTY THOMAS MARATHON!

** 3,5-4 STARS **

“(…) You will give me everything. You won’t give it because you’re afraid of me. You’ll give it because you’re grateful and because you trust me. I don’t care how long it takes us to get to that point. BUT WE WILL GET THERE.
~ ASHER

description

I've missed being inside this lady's dark and twisted mind. This one was a bit too...cute I believe, but as usual I enjoyed the lingering f*cked-up-ness.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Adult review for taboo erotic content.

Moving this review over from my other account because I want to start merging some authors onto the same account instead of having them listed in separate places. There are a couple of mild spoilers ahead discussing character behavior, but there are no big plot reveals.

Original read/review early 2012. I knew what I was getting into when I started this book. I'd read and loved Thomas' book Comfort Food, so the subject matter was not a deterrent.

Believe it or
Aleatha Romig
OK, I've heard good things about this book, but recently it was available on Amazon for free.. so I bought it! And, once I started it, I couldn't stop. I read til 2 am, then during work breaks, on my lunch hour... I wanted to know what happened to Grace.

Kitty Thomas does it again... pulls us in, makes everyone of us willingly submissive to inconceivable consequences. At one point I wondered, "Why am I all right with this?" I'm not sure. I just know I was and I loved the ending! Great job, fun,
Amber Rose
Jan 06, 2013 Amber Rose rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, erotica, slave

This is a short story. I did feel it was Dark but not something that is too dark. Or at least to me it wasn't. I wanted to know more information in between things that I got. I wish that it was longer so I could enjoy it more and suck in as much as I could.

This starts off with Grace. She has been talking to Lucas from a secret island where it is legal to keep a slave 24/7 and do whatever you want with the slave. The only thing is that if, Grace chosses to leave and go to the island
Elle
4,5 STARS!!

I could say this is the best book by Kitty Thomas than other works. And best cover too. How submissive the woman and the color is kinda soothing. It's very different than others. So the story. I found myself quite enjoyed it until the end.

Grace Warner always want to be real slave. No role play. Until one day, she was become slave for Lucas Stone, the man she only knows through online for a year. Grace came to the island where the law from outside isn't apply. She blame herself and her
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
So, who wants to live in a D/s relationship 24/7 raise your hand. Now keep your hand raised if you are willing to give up your life in modern society to live on an island full of rich, dominant men AND give up all your rights as a human being according to modern laws? Are you willing to do that for a man you have only chatted with on the phone, internet and webcam?

Well, that is exactly what Grace Warner thinks she wants. Now, I have to give it to her, it took her a year to make the decision to
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
May 15, 2011 ♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♆ BookAddict by: Kitty Thomas
Shelves: slavery, bdsm, rape, z-nlg, intense, lcf
Want to be a submissive 24/7? How about being a slave, pampered on an island careered to men of wealth who own women as slaves? This isn't the first book I've read with this concept. This is probably the first one where it's so realistically done in a plausible contemporary setting.

Grace is a girl who enjoys being owned. She wanted the reality of slavery. Personally, I think Grace is an idiot. Her only friend, Lainey, tried her best to help Grace go in with her eyes wide up. What does Grace do?
Louise
This book is beyond the “safe, sane and consensual” aspect of BDSM be warned it’s dark, gritty, disturbing and disgusting.

"...So tell me, pet...who am I to you?"
The devil

This is my third book from this Author and I was quite expecting the raw brutally the master was giving to his slave what I didn't expect was there's a good Dom to come out..I was What the.. where did Asher Collins came from? Why is he so sweet, kind and gentle and caring arghhh.
You’ll gonna love Asher!!:) He’s a sweet and car
Booklover, Indianapolis
Glass
Oh, my!!! Girls, guess what I'm reading next? My boyfriend is going to be so happy!;)

After reading it...

I love Kitty Thomas - that woman has some twisted mind - but this book was full of hard limits for me. I'm not the biggest fan of 24/7 D/s relationships but I still enjoy reading about it. Tender Mercies has one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen and I have to admit that was the first thing that got my attention. Girl who willingly goes to the place where she'll be stripped of all her
nd ♥Master's kitten♥
Another great story from Kitty Thomas, is there really much more to say about it than that?! Of course there is!

This is a story about Grace Warner, a woman that should come with a big sign that says, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!"

She wants a 24/7 Master/slave relationship, and she is willing to give up everything to have it. And when I say "everything" I do mean *everything*! She is willing to move to a private island full of Dominant men, who live by a strict set of rul
Monique
May 06, 2011 Monique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Kitty Thomas’ third novel and probably the most emotional. I cried, worried, felt anger and disgust, worried some more, felt despair then hopefulness and finally I was awestruck at this author’s ingenious story-telling ability.

This is a story which depicts scenes of abuse, slavery, and dubious consent. The prologue is a tear-jerker. If you make it past the disclaimer, sit back & buckle up. You’re about to take a plane ride to Eleu, also known as the Island of Kink.

Grace Warner is a
Delta
Jun 18, 2016 Delta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bdsm romance fans
This was my first Kitty Thomas book, and it definitely will not be the last.

I really liked Tender Mercies, but it is difficult to categorize. Elements of the story are certainly dark (Grace's treatment at the hands of Lucas), but Asher is such a good and honest hero (within their agreed upon culture of 24/7 power exchange/slavery) that there is really nothing dark about their relationship.

Some may suggest that Lucas was too evil and Asher too good to be believable, but both characters had vuln
Breann
Jul 26, 2012 Breann rated it really liked it
Grace decided that the regular BDSM clubs and kink wasn't for her. She felt that it was just playacting and wanted to experience the "real thing". She decides to move to an island where master/slave relationships are legal. The slave is treated as property and the only right they have is to not be murdered by their master. What? No takers?

When she arrives, the man who is her master is not the person she had been chatting with online. Shocker, I know. He is evil. I mean E.V.I.L. She is eventually
Ella  Reese
Jun 05, 2015 Ella Reese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, dark, erotica
I’ve been on a dark erotica kick recently, so I had to check out Kitty Thomas. This is my first time reading one of her books, and I was thoroughly entertained by this dark and twisted story of domination and submission.

The idea that someone would want to give up all of their rights as a person and go live on an island to become someone’s slave is ridiculous. A girl liking the D/s master/slave lifestyle so much that she’s willing to legally become someone’s personal property to do with as they
Kazy
Mar 30, 2015 Kazy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An ok read. I just couldn't connect with the characters. You knew Grace would land herself in a really bad situation, so no surprises there, except how much of a psycho Lucas truly was. I mean, a dog really? Ughhh. Then she's sold to Asher, who's the knight in shining armor, but sometimes his thoughts really put me off. Especially when he basically admired how well Lucas' brutal 'training' had worked. WHAT??? I didn't really get into the book until 86% in when some action started happening. And ...more
lynn❤️lynn
A very lovely read. I would have loved a bit more in relation to the sex side of the story, but it loved the storyline of abuse, sorrow, and salvation. The love between Asher and Grace can clearly be felt. I so felt for Asher and Darcy at the start of the book. The author has put a lot of feeling into this book, which I picked up on and felt throughout. I could loose myself in this story and could clearly see the characters. I just felt the sex was a bit lacking and the end was abrupt yet approp ...more
Rin W. Vitale
Sep 22, 2014 Rin W. Vitale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MIND-FUCK!

I like it that even I can feel kitten's (Grace)submission once she become a slave. yeah, that good.
Letitia
Apr 03, 2013 Letitia rated it really liked it
Rating: B ... Heat: Sizzling?

First off: you will know by the prologue if this is a book you want to read. Miz Thomas hits you with the darkness from page one and the hits never stop. I think I cried for most of the book. The first half was almost non-stop tears. It horrified me and scared me and kept me turning the page.

Grace has been a part of the BDSM lifestyle for years and has become disenchanted by it because it feels like playing pretend. She doesn't want safe words. She doesn't want safe
Michael Dunellen
Welcome to Eleu, where the women live in abject slavery and the men in constant fear.

Ostensibly the men have created a society where the women are held in complete captivity - where the only escape they are offered is death. But then you realize that the rules do not exist to free the women from their burdens but because the men are terrified that they will lose what little actual control they have.

Our four male leading characters...

Asher is the perfect example of a coward. When he becomes convi
Sara
"Take the risk or stay where you are. Make a choice now Grace."

Those words haunt me. Grace was looking for something that she couldn't get in her every day life, something that a secluded island with special rules and lack of boundaries could give her. The choice she makes seals her fate.

"He'd broken her of the habit of seeing herself as a person in the first two weeks."

This was my second book my Kitty Thomas and I fell in love with it. So different from Comfort Food as this is a story and
Katinki
Just... not my thing at all.

Recognizing the purpose of this kind of book, I won't go into the various plot holes, logical fallacies, etc.

But since psychology and torture/abuse/rape/etc victim behavior and whatnot *is* addressed in the book in a rather big way (and is as such, fair game for comment), I will say that it's ALL wrong. And that's kind of a big deal to me.

Also, I have to say that the male "protagonist's" (I put that in quotes for a reason) behavior is, frankly, deplorable, regardle
Danija
After reading Guilty Pleasures, also by Kitty Thomas, I only had one thought: I need to read more of her books. After reading Tender Mercies, I'm thinking: I'm afraid of reading more of her books.

This book put me out of my comfort zone so much more than I expected. How much? You can easily tell by my rating. This was too much even for me.

I'm not exactly a fan of Master/slave relationships, nor the 24/7 arrangements. Definitely not a fan of TPE. However, so far I haven't found a book where that d
❤Casey❤
Mar 03, 2015 ❤Casey❤ rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark
My first Kitty Thomas book. Won't be my last!

This novella is about Grace, a young woman into heavy BDSM and 24/7 dom/sub relationships, wanting to achieve a more "real" connection with a dominant. She feels the "play" she's been involved in isn't meeting her wants and needs. She begins instant messaging with a man/dom named Lucas from the fictional island of Eleu. Eleu is an isolated island the government doesn't even know about where Doms are "owners" of their subs/slaves. Slave girls can be au
Sanet
He couldn’t look away from her, couldn’t close his eyes to her pain and the gravity of the life he’d just, in effect, taken. The life of the woman he loved. “Master?” she whispered.

He cradled her in his arms, his thumb stroking over her cheek. His look of regret told her everything she needed to know. “Yes, baby?” “Sing me to sleep?” It was the last time he ever sang.

Why would you start a book like this.... Why.... the pain in those words, the man being broken... why?????

The only answer I get is
Becky Sharpie
Jul 15, 2011 Becky Sharpie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. It really moved me very deeply. If you're looking for some quick and dirty wank fodder (not that there's anything wrong with that!) then this isn't the book for you. But if you're looking for an exploration of the psychology of dominance and submission, you'll probably love this book as much as I did.

A few things that really resonated with me:

- Many have scoffed at the main character, Grace, for being an "idiot." And certainly, she made some staggeringly bad choices.
Poison
May 13, 2013 Poison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves TPE
Recommended to Poison by: Book Addict
This is my favorite book, so this is less a "review" and more of an opportunity to gush over a book I come back to, time and again.

I just re-read this for BDSM's May Polyamory Challenge. (The challenge is poly, not the book) I realized I had never reviewed it when I went to reshelf it.

Lets start with the characters.

Grace is my favorite BDSM heroine in any book, and reminds me of a younger me a ton. She really wanted what she wanted, and impulsively went for it, disregarding risks, and common sen
Jill
Kitty Thomas's books are my new drugs of choice. I am in love with Asher, he is the dark hero in this book. There is no other way to describe this man. This book is very dark and the situation that grace gets herself into is nothing if not horrifying. Abused in every way, she is a broken slave when bought by Asher. Then he slowly gives her back herself. It is a beautiful thing to read how this " true master" cares for his slave, grace. This book is not lite, and at no time is it funny however it ...more
Larissa
May 08, 2011 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-review
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

After the mind f*ck that Comfort Food was, I could not wait to check out what else Kitty Thomas had in store and when she requested the review of her newest novel, Tender Mercies, I jumped at the chance to read it.

I am glad to say that Kitty not only doesn’t disappoint with Tender Mercies, but dare I say it, that she delivers a n even better book than the first time around.

One of my favorite movies of all time is Secretary, which
Lady Raven RAVE!
www.romancenoveljunkies.com

Very interesting read as well as intense. Now and then, I dabble into a light BDSM read but this was hardcore. I have never read anything by this author but decided to see what this read was about.

Grace wanted to experience erotic slavery. She'd heard of a secret island called Eleu where men take women as slaves, once on the island you give up your rights and citizenship to follow their rules. For a year, Grace has been corresponding with Lucas online. Lucas was trying
  • Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • Mercy
  • Abduction
  • Obsession: Girl Abducted
  • As She's Told
  • Learning to Drown
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • Maid for It
  • Slave World (Slave World, #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Deadly Captive, #2)
  • Submissive Desires
  • Beg Me
  • No One But Madison
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)

Note from the author: Thank you for reading and supporting my work. If you'd like to speak with me directly, please tweet me at @kitty_thomas, or find me on Facebook, or use my contact form at kittythomas.com. I'm really never at Goodreads, and so I'll see people trying to contact me with messages from 6 or 8 months ago. I really believe Goodreads is a place for Readers. It's your space, not mine.
More about Kitty Thomas...

“You may get me to say the word, but know this, you will never truly own me. That right belongs to my real master. You may take his symbol off my hip, but there will always be a scar that reminds us both what was there. And you might take his collar off my throat, but you'll never erase his name from my soul.” 13 likes
“She thought she was wrong? He was the one who got a hard-on every time she looked up at him with those desperate, brown eyes. Everything in his brain screamed: Prey. Take. Use. He wasn't exactly proud of it, but there it was.” 6 likes