Start by marking “Impossible to Resist” as Want to Read:
Impossible to Resist

Impossible to Resist

While Max’s biggest fear is being touched, his greatest dream is to be loved. Can he let Jeremiah close enough to heal, or will he turn away all that he wants for the safety of what he knows?

Max Eisner suffers from haptephobia, the fear of being touched. He refuses to let that stop him from living, though every second outside his house compounds his distress. Nor does it p
Published May 9th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Impossible to Resist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impossible to Resist

Mona
May 02, 2016 Mona rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Re-read April 2016...only because I didn't notice I read it till half way through lol

(First read in March 2014)
description

Yep, what he said! Oh...and this too:

description
Lena Grey
Apr 02, 2016 Lena Grey rated it really liked it
Everyone has an area around them that they consider their personal space. For most people, having someone encroach upon their space is annoying, but something they can just shake off and go on. However, for Max Eisner of 'Impossible to Resist' by Em Woods, it's Earth shattering. Max suffers from PTSD – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder which was originally identified as shell shock by the military. However, anyone who has experienced major trauma can suffer from PTSD. Max suffers severe anxiety att ...more
Noughty
It should have been longer. Could have been a normal length book. The pace is a little to fast. It feels like we are thrown in the middle, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.
Someone with such problems, shouldn't overcome them so fast, but he looks like he has a slighter case (he does freaks out, but got touched a lot in the beginning and really freaked out only once).
The hero in a shining armor was a little much (again too much cramped in such a short story).
All said, I really liked the writing a
Chris
May 22, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2011, ebook
Steamy short m/m romance about a guy who's phobic about being touched, but that doesn't stop him from having a crush on one of the co-owners of the firm where he works. I did have a couple niggles: refractory periods and whether someone with haptephobia would actually change so quickly. Also, it felt like there was an awful lot of story for so few pages.
Erica Pike
Aug 08, 2011 Erica Pike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, free-reads
Absolutely fantastic!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Max suffered a traumatizing experience at the hands of an ex-boyfriend and has developed the fear of being touched. His past relationship left him with scars on the outside as well as the inside. Taking a job for a software company was suppose to be a new beginning for him but being around his attractive boss is just a reminder of what he will never have in his life again.

Miah has been plotting for months to find a way to get to know
Honey
Jun 26, 2011 Honey rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, it's the first one I've read by this author but it certainly won't be the last. The characters seemed very real, as did the obstacles that they were facing. I loved how Miah's charm and control flew out the window when he was dealing with Max and how as cheesy as it sounds it was love that healed Max. Because his phobia was such a difficult topic and he and Miah fell for each other off screen, I felt that it could have done with a little more length, which is what ke ...more
Simone
Sep 29, 2014 Simone rated it liked it
Ter
May 15, 2011 Ter rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4
I really like the story line, but even for a short story it moved really fast. Would have like it just a little longer. Some story just need more pages and this one was that for me. From dealing with his phobia and reason for it to new relationship, and learning to trust, that's a lot for only 32 pages. It still is good, but this story line could benefited more if it was longer.
Lea
May 30, 2011 Lea rated it it was amazing
I loved this book despite the stalker like tendencies of Jeremiah. Even after taking advantage of every opportunity to get Max alone, Miah still manages to be sweet and patient with him. Poor Max has good reason for avoiding touch, and putting up the road blocks that he does. How Miah and Max overcome the obstacles to having a relationship and finding love make for a great read!
Vio
Aug 13, 2011 Vio rated it really liked it
A lovely emotional wonder. Max and Miah, I adored the hot passionate love they had. A few niggles too short and a bit rushed, this could have been expanded into a full length novel there was enough story for it.
Rachel
May 10, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-m-m
Sweet story...a bit short in my opinion for dealing with such a serious matter as Max's phobia, but I did enjoy it!
Clover
May 10, 2011 Clover rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, bdsm
that was a cute story ! a little too short for my taste !
(very light bdsm = restrains)
Christy T
Nov 13, 2011 Christy T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5...Wonderful read.
qx
Jun 15, 2011 qx rated it liked it
Shelves: have
2.5
Anasazy
Anasazy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Abel
Abel rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Robin Smith
Robin Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Mette Kristensen
Mette Kristensen rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Reader1971
Reader1971 rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
Tammy Kuhlmann
Tammy Kuhlmann marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Dec 04, 2014
Shari
Shari rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
All about little ol' me? Hmm. Okay, the normal stuff first. I currently live in the Midwest near Detroit, Michigan with my husband and two sons who are ten and seven years old. All three keep me on my toes. I work in the automotive industry making sure all the parts inside the car look pretty along with handling all the paperwork that goes along with that (you'd be amazed at how much there is!).

More about Em Woods...