Start by marking “Plutarch, His Life, His Parallel Lives and His Morals: Five Lectures (1874)” as Want to Read:
Plutarch, His Life, His Parallel Lives and His Morals: Five Lectures (1874)

Plutarch, His Life, His Parallel Lives and His Morals: Five Lectures (1874)

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This scarce antiquarian book is a selection from Kessinger Publishing's Legacy Reprint Series. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages. Because we believe this work is culturally important, we have made it available as part of our commitment to protecting, preserving, and promoting the world's literature. Kessinger...more
Published September 10th 2010 by Kessinger Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Plutarch, His Life, His Parallel Lives and His Morals

Dave
“Plutarch – His Life, His Parallel Lives, and His Morals” is a collection of five lectures given by Richard Chenevix Trench, the Archbishop of Dublin. Originally published in 1873 as a collection of four lectures, this second edition improves on that with an additional lecture on Plutarch’s Lives added to the original four. The lectures include one on Plutarch himself, a pair on his “Lives”, and then another pair of lectures on his “Morals”.

There is certainly value in all these lectures, but the...more
Kari
This is a nice short little thing; the main point for me was that Trench brings up all the same things I got out of reading the actual Lives, which tells me that I'm not the only one who thinks what I think of it.
Paul Galloway
Paul Galloway marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Martin Gawecki
Martin Gawecki marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Trench's Synonyms of the New Testament On the Study of Words The Classic Works of Richard Chenevix Trench Commentary on the Epistles to the Seven Churches in Asia. Revelation II. III. Notes O The Parables of Our Lord (Classic Reprint)