Start by marking “Western Skies: Song of the West\Boundary Lines” as Want to Read:
Western Skies: Song of the West\Boundary Lines

Western Skies: Song of the West\Boundary Lines

Song of the West

The towering mountains and windswept plains of Wyoming are truly beautiful. But Samantha Evans has absolutely no intention of staying—until she meets devastatingly handsome Jake Tanner. Suddenly the idea of leaving isn't quite so appealing. Samantha is torn between a lifelong dream and her feelings for this intriguing man when a blizzard strikes and she's s
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by Silhouette (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Western Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Western Skies

Jessi
May 26, 2010 Jessi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Why do I keep reading early romances from authors I love? It just depresses me to read about alpha males who "know" that they can "make women want them" even though the women are saying no, very plainly, but who are just awesome enough to hold themselves away until they can "convince" the shy little fillies that they "really, really" want to fall into bed with them. Blergh. Was this really the state of romance novels twenty years ago?
The first of these two books was the worst with the second at
Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads
As a rule, I have never liked novellas. I didn't even realize Western Skies was a novel of two novellas when I picked it up, so when I figured it out I didn't have high hopes for this read. Isn't it nice to be pleasantly surprised? Both Song of the West and Boundary Lines were really good stories. But although I rather liked Song of the West, I felt that it was under developed, which is my main objection to novellas. The stories and characters are just getting started and are then wrapped up far ...more
Dorothy Morawsky
Loved both stories in this book. Nora Roberts you did good by putting these books together.
Maura
Amy A
Nov 14, 2011 Amy A rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is two of Nora Roberts' very early works put together in one volume. They are each separate stories and not related to one another besides the fact that they both take place in the west on ranches / farms.

I will admit I bought the book because the cover looked like a nice winter read and I thought it might be nice to get into the holiday spirit a little. But don't be fooled these stories have nothing to do with winter.

The other part of me loves, loves, loves her novel Montana Sky and I wa
Damecatoe
Aug 10, 2012 Damecatoe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So I thought to myself "hey, try a Nora Roberts book! If you like her, there are scads more to choose from!" I was at the local used bookstore. I chose this one at random. When I started reading it and one of the characters used a landline, I was like "how old is this book?" Copyright page said 2009 or something. Er, no. I was not paying attention at all. This is actually two books sold as one, each written in the 80s. Wow, have heroines changed.

I finished the first one. It was badonculous. She
Lin Stepp
Nov 17, 2012 Lin Stepp rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains two of Nora Roberts old 1980s classics first published by Silhouette books.
Song of the West takes the reader to a big Wyoming ranch with Samantha Evans - visiting to help her sister when complications occur with her pregnancy. As a city girl it's hard to adjust to ranch life ... and that's only complicated more by Jake Tanner - a nearby rancher, who seems to rub her the wrong way - even as he attracts her. ... The second novel Boundary Lines reminds you of a Romeo-Juliet plot
Shawn
The West: This story was rather hard for me to get through. At times I felt that it was overly descriptive and predictable. The chemistry never seemed to line up and I found Jake's arrogance more unflattering than attractive at times. Not to mention that Samantha said one thing and did another. In the end I found myself saying, "And?....."

Boundary Lines: This story was much fuller and smoother for me than The West. While Jillian was still a bit wishy washy it was more understandable. She was ris
Chrissy Wissler
There were two reprint books in this book, both which were originally published in the 1980s. I found the stories to be enjoyable enough and the heroines were fairly spunky and independent, especially for the time they were written. I found the heroes a little harder to like, simply because of the very straight forward, I-get-what-I-want male mentality.

In "Boundary Lines," the hero Aaron is much more likable, simply because we had the chance to understand him on a deeper level. We were more con
Oct 20, 2011 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hey. I'm on vacation. Cut me some slack! This book is actually a compilation of two early stories Nora Roberts wrote in the early
80s. I read almost the entire first story on the plane. While I appreciate a mindless read here and there, the story glazed over characters and left me wishing for more of a plot line. It's obviously an early work and written in the 80s, reflecting the attitudes of the time. I don't think I'll read the second story. And next time I do pick a mindless read, I'll pick a
Serena
May 15, 2015 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find it hilarious that just days after saying I've not read a book by Ms. Roberts that I didn't like that I pick up this duo. I KNOW that it's the time that they were written that makes them read overly dramatic and bodice-ripper-ish, but I couldn't separate myself from that knowledge and sit back and giggle. Maybe if I'd been in a different mood I would've enjoyed a beloved author's early works and appreciated how much she's grown? But I was cranky looking for comfort in her fabulous writing. ...more
Kristie (fabk)
Song of the West--- This was an incredibly cute and short read. The sisters were likeable and Jake Tanner was the perfect cowboy. A perfect Saturday morning read.
Boundary Lines--- This was a longer story than Song of the West, and I loved every minute of it. It reminded me a lot of Montana Sky. The characters were delightfull and the story was good, although it wrapped up a little too quickly in the end for my liking.

Overall a great read... Probably 3.5 stars!!
Sherri
Dec 02, 2012 Sherri rated it liked it
I liked Song of the West because the lead character wasn't completely pigheaded and the eventual intimate scene was brief and handled tastefully. I also enjoy western romances and learning about ranch life etc.

Therefore, I was expecting Boundary Lines to be similar. However, this leading lady was more pigheaded and made me want to shake her a few times. Also, this book had more details of their encounters and many more of them.

JANET
Feb 27, 2010 JANET marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Song of the West

Boundary Lines
A feud has been warring for years between two Montana families, and the feisty Jillian Baron and irresistible Aaron Murdock seem determined to carry it into another generation.

2 BOOKS IN ONE
Hope
Jun 15, 2014 Hope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Utterly loved this 2 for 1 book! Both stories were wonderful and they were both new to me! An exquisite read full off the rich details and believable characters one had come to expect from Nora Roberts. No paranormal magics in these, just the stubbornness of mankind and the magic of true love. :-)

XXOO
~ Hope
Stacey Houllis
I read this book in two days it is one of Nora Roberts books that was written back in the 1980's. It is two Stories in the one book. Song the West is set in Wyoming and Boundary Lines is set in Montana. It is the story of two independent women finding love. Boundary lines were the better story of the two.
Hope
Jun 10, 2014 Hope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

XXOO
~ Hope
Donna Pierce
I stopped in the middle and have no idea where the book went - who cares what happens to those characters? Not me! This doesn't even rate as bathtub reading. It might be okay if I am stuck in a bus stop with absolutely nothing else to read - after reading all the signs, candy wrappers, etc. Is it possible to give negative stars?
Paula
Dec 04, 2011 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I too, bought this while on a trip and read it on the plane. They are two of her earlier works in one book; Song the West and Boundary Lines. An easy read. He stories have matured since these were written.
Diane Carey
Found this was one of her early books from the eighties & was released again. Not exactly the type of main characters I enjoy & fortunately her writing has improved over the years! However, it was all I needed for a trip to England & a couple of 9 hour plane flights!
Genesis L.
Jan 08, 2011 Genesis L. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love both the stories but I deffinately love the second one better. My favorite thing about the second one is how Jillian and Aaron fall in love and eventually learn to aceept it besides the disagreements of both their families.
Julia
Oct 05, 2016 Julia rated it really liked it
These stories were lovely and romantic and made me want to love on a ranch and marry a cowboy even more.
I especially loved Western Skies, and although Boundary Lines was good, I'm not a big fan of cattle ranching.
Alex
Jan 01, 2012 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both of the stories in this book were great. Nora Roberts is probably one of my favorite authors, by far. She's really great about having actual story lines along with great romantic plots. The whole book was fantastic.
Tiffany
I bought this one when I bought Bed of Roses and I quickly devoured it as well. These are re-prints of two of her older stories, so they lack the punch she currently writes with. Still enjoyable, though.
Cara
Feb 24, 2011 Cara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the setting of these books. Particularly the first one. I couldn't put the books down and stayed up way too late to finish. Hence the 5 stars.
Anna-Lisa
Apr 19, 2012 Anna-Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The 5 stars go to the second story "Boundary Lines" which I already read in German and just still love! ♥
Patricia Solla
Jun 14, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Two good "cowboy" stories from author. Good storylines. Liked the main characters and their interactions. Especially like the descriptions of the landscapes.
Sara Burns
Oct 03, 2013 Sara Burns rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
2 stories about women who are in a new place, not looking for love, completely focused on othet things. Love ends up finding them, no matter how hard they try to fight it.
Veronica Lindsey
Oct 16, 2014 Veronica Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only read Boundary Lines in this one as I read the other story previously. Nice western-style romance.
Alicia
Oct 04, 2012 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This stories actually remind of Eve and Roarke. An unyielding female who is strong and independent and a guy who aww, really loves her and tries to get her.
  • Lone Star Winter: The Winter Soldier\Cattleman's Pride
  • Dead Sexy (Skull Creek #1)
  • Agent Cowboy (Colby Agency, #18)
  • Sooner or Later
  • The Love of a Lawman (Callister, #3)
  • Half Moon Harbor (Bachelors of Blueberry Cove, #2)
  • Garrett (McKettricks, #12)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Nine-Month Protector (The Precinct: Vice Squad #2; The Precinct #6)
  • The Tender Texan
  • Texas Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #3)
  • These Boots Were Made for Stomping (Superhero Central 4.5)
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)
  • Tea and Destiny: Tea and Destiny\Light the Stars
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...