Start by marking “Veiled (Veiled #1)” as Want to Read:
Veiled (Veiled #1)

Veiled (Veiled #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  205 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
"I have always existed, not just me but all of us, the un-embodied spirits who wait to live.”

Tess is an unborn spirit, who is about to embark on a much awaited journey into mortality to a brand new planet called Earth. She is chosen by the Eternals for an important mission, and is put under a rigorous training by a half-human, half-lion Seraph. This training exposes Tess t
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 17th 2011 by TreasureLine Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Veiled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veiled

Susan Roebuck
Jun 12, 2011 Susan Roebuck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a novel that hit a nerve deep inside you? “Veiled”did just that and had me wondering and speculating long after I’d finished reading because it touched on issues I’d often wondered, even vaguely, about.

Supernatural. YA, Inspirational are all genres I’d normally never read, but there was something about the write-ups and blurb that drew me to buy “Veiled”. For anyone shying from inspirational, let me make it clear that the story is far from preachy. On the contrary, it’s full
Nikki
Aug 06, 2011 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first learned of Veiled, I assumed it was just another supernatural young adult fiction book about ghosts. I was hesitant to start, wondering how many new types of ghost stories there could possibly be, but began reading anyway. And boy, am I glad I did.

Veiled is the story of Tess and her friends in a world like none I’ve seen before. Here, beings start out simply as intelligences and gradually evolve through the spirit stage before being born. That’s right, there is a whole life each ex
Nicole
Apr 27, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike any other I have read. Very thought provoking and original. I absolutely loved this book. I laughed, I cried, need I say more? Can't wait till the next one!
Elizabeth Mueller

Have you ever wondered if spirits are eternal? If they just spontaneously generate from the day we are born?

This novel is the first of its kind that I've ever laid hands on. I found Heaven a fascinating place where Angels guard their charges with fierce devotion. I lived their joy as mortals succeeded in their righteous choices and experienced their sorrow for wrong.

Meet Tess, a determined Angel that endures conflict even before she is born on Earth! The dark angels are determined to stunt her g
Robert
Feb 05, 2012 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a free download and was really excited to read it. I thought the premise of Angels from two sides was a good one and for the most part it was. It took me a bit to realize the premise of the story was set before and during the fall of the 1/3 of the angels in heaven. I have to say that there were too many characters to follow in this book and sometimes it felt like there was too much going on. This made the story tough to follow at times. For instance, there was one coupling be ...more
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
What an amazing story! This story that S.B. Niccum has written is unique and it shows that the authors talent for writing is perfect and the details she wrote in this story is pure perfection. This story was vivid, intriguing and unlike any other story that I've listened to. There were many things about this story that was fascinating. It has specific details that fits each and every character. There's mystery, suspense, love, and many twists along the way. I can't wait to see where this author ...more
Annie
Dec 07, 2015 Annie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

I will admit, I was bored in the first half of this book...nothing really grabbed me till I was a little over 50% done...and If Andrea wouldn't have been the narrator, I may have put it down and not finished it, but I am glad I hung in there...because the second half was really great! I loved how it told the story of all these little spirit friends. and how there lives intermingled even when they came to earth as new babi
Kasia Hubbard
Jan 26, 2012 Kasia Hubbard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read! I thought the story line was incredible. Veiled is loosely based off of life in Heaven before Creation. A spiritual world filled with characters evolving into Heavenly creatures before their assignment on Earth. Angels, Seraphims, and Cherubims are included as well as the story of the fall of Angels and their leader Beezlebub. I think Niccum did a fantastic job bringing this story to light and I can't wait to read the next installment.
Jodyjarvis
Jul 08, 2011 Jodyjarvis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to read this one again. It is a great science fiction concept of what life before life may have been like, with a little fantasy thrown in for fun. I am also looking forward to reading the sequel as soon as it is available.
Claudia
Apr 26, 2011 Claudia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Silvina is a friend of mine - I'm so excited for her accomplishments with getting one of her books published. Can't wait to read it!
Erica young
Apr 25, 2011 Erica young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good !
Julie S.
Unfortunately, Veiled did not work for me. I almost DNF'd this book twice (but instead took a break and listened to something else and then came back to it to try again).

The idea was an interesting one - a story of the Earth's creation from the perspective of the spirit world. From the casting out of the "Second one" to the training and guardian angel projects, to finally the spirits being born as mortal beings. The fallen angels subplot was curious, but there was very little about it. I was in
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 8/26/11: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2011/...

Have you ever wondered what went on before your spirit was sent to Earth? Have you ever wanted to know what happened during the seven days of creation? If so, then Veiled is the book for you.

Veiled is the story of the spirits, a race of celestial beings who are waiting to inhabit the Earth. Each of these beings is gifted in some way. For example, the main character, Tess, has the gift of discernment. Also, many of the
Mary
Jul 01, 2011 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tess and her clan are angels who have been developing together over a long period of time. First they were intelligences, whizzing around the universe, and now they're spiritual beings about to begin training for their angelic duties before becoming mortals. Each one of them has a special gift which they must further develop as well. Tess's gift is discernment--she can read minds and see auras. As the novel begins, all of the angelic beings are gathering to choose sides in a heavenly conflict be ...more
Cortland Niccum
Mar 14, 2014 Cortland Niccum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was a great page It is also was one of my favorite because it makes you think beyond this point in life. It by far surprised me on how well the book was written. It made you have mind blowing thoughts that change your thinking about life.

You should read this book if you like awesome reads. This is the first book of its series. You should also read this because my aunt wrote this and I had no idea that she could write such a wonderful book.
Daniel Clark
Jul 15, 2014 Daniel Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author did a great job in several areas, including rules-based world development, drawing excellent parallels with real life, inclusion of religious themes into a cohesive plot, and the morals or lessons learned along the ride. There was also a lot couples drama, which probably appeals more to the female reader :)

I chose this book because I am the same religion as the author, wherein we are taught about our pre-mortal existence and the world of spirits, and I was curious how she would use th
Ravwrin
I wasn't sure what to expect when I got this story. Interesting concept. One I've never read before so I thought I'd give it a try.

I've never really been one for angels but this was something new. It started out slow, almost boring to me. I had to force myself to finish part of it though. I just wasn't so interested in it as much as some other stories I've had a hand in reading. I must say though I honestly didn't mind the end. The thought of love that strong. Wow.

I did like that the story wasn'
Sara Raynor
Aug 15, 2015 Sara Raynor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time putting this book down. I appreciated the exploration of theology and the meaning of relationships in our lives. As the author says, it should be taken as a work of fiction and is not theologically accurate, but a great and complex depiction of the pre-life that we don't know much about.
BookLoversLife
Unfortunately this story wasn't for me. I found it quite boring and dull. I had to put it aside for a while and go back to it to see is I liked it any better, but it didn't. I struggled to finish. Even though I didn't like it, the narration was amazing! Andrea Emmes never fails to deliver.She has such an easy going voice and it's easy to listen to. She always gives it her all and it shows.

*I received a copy of this for review, this in no way affects my thoughts.*
K
May 14, 2012 K rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I only give it two stars as a courtesy to the author as this is her first book. I cant finish it. I am at twenty percent and find myself bored. There are too many characters to have any real development. The book really needed a strongveditor to help tighten up the writing. But for a first try it is a good attempt. Her story is creative and unique. I hope the author is able to get it edited and release a new version. I would be willing to give it another shot.

As a side note, this story is not ba
Airicka Phoenix
Jul 13, 2012 Airicka Phoenix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those of us who have lost someone, someone dear, we all hang on to that thought, that feeling... the hope that one day we will meet again. It hardly matters if you believe in heaven or reincarnation. What matters is that you have that hope. It's what gets us through the funeral and the days that lead after. But what if you did see them again, not just see them, but repeat your whole life with them again? We're not talking reincarnation. I'm talking you being born to the same parents, meeting ...more
Reading Romances

"This is a very special book. Not because it is considered a christian book, but because it has so much more. I have to say that unfortunately, my fellow romance readers, The Veil can't be classified as a romance book, but a different approach to a fantasy novel based on love.

I liked this books for reasons I can't fully explain or describe. What I know is that it has an incredible depth and message of love. While I understand what the concept is trying to express, some technical issues made i
Mary
May 27, 2014 Mary rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book, but just couldn't.
Courtney
I feel bad that I haven't gotten very far in this book and that I'm moving it to my unfinished shelf, but I have every intention to hopefully someday pick it up again and have a greater appreciation for it. At this point I would probably have to start to book over again anyway since it's been such a long time since I have actually read any of it. But, enough is enough. There is no need for it to stay on my currently-reading shelf when I just don't see myself trying to read it in the near future.
Deanna
Jan 18, 2012 Deanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classmum
A very interesting premise for a novel - how angels are trained before they come to earth. Some come as guardian angels, others are born as humans (that have completely forgotten they are angels) I found some parts of the story quite confusing and had to reread several portions to make sure that I hadn't missed anything. The ending in particular was not very satisfying. The characters enter the Veil and then the book is over. Assuming there will be a sequel?
Mariana
Jul 07, 2013 Mariana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinishable
Unexplained actions, unrealistic reactions and feelings... Veiled has it all. Just put a little of kindergarten style of writing and you will be compelled to excomungate this book.

It's horrible. I don't care if it's the author's debut, but there is no excuse. This book could be much more, but it flails all over and shoots the readers in the ass. Plus, it reads like a fanfic.

Kelly Johnston
I liked the writing style and the characters were easy to follow. The plot seemed very open ended and unclear. At some points it seemed like the story was going to go off in one direction then it changed to another and never finished up the first. It did this a few times leaving many things hanging. There wasn't really a climax on any of the story lines and then it ended. kind of disappointed.
Sam
Jul 19, 2014 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!!! The story is captivating. You become engrossed in the trials of prebirth Tess. She moves you, enlightens you, and shares with you. The romance that has a subtle hand keeps you guessing and wishing for more throughout the whole book. You will find yourself reviling the villains and their evil ways, while cheering on our heroes. Expect no sleep once you've started this wonderful book!
Victoria Newman
Oct 04, 2014 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Nereid
Feb 15, 2012 Nereid rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The idea of this book was interesting but I found it hard to get into initially. Most of the books I read, the story has to grab in the first couple of chapters and I found this book slow going at times. An okay read but I did find the beginning hard to follow with the spirits all flying around everywhere at random and the story was slow to grab my interest.
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Angel In The Shadows (The Angel #1)
  • Silver Smoke (Seven Halos, #1)
  • Sleight (AVRA-K #1)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)
  • Emotionally Charged (Empath Chronicles, #1)
  • The Childe (The Childe, #1)
  • City of Whispers (City of Whispers, #1)
  • Blood and Sunlight: A Maryland Vampire Story
  • Capture (Capture, #1)
  • Awake: A Fairytale
  • Invoke
  • Faustine (Bonfire Chronicles, #1)
  • Andraste
  • A Taste of Twilight  (Crimson Carousel, #1)
  • Pyxis: The Discovery (Pyxis, #1)
  • The Wizard of Time (Wizard of Time, #1)
  • Abithica
S.B. Niccum was born in Rosario, Argentina and raised in Buenos Aires. Her family immigrated to the US, when she was fourteen. She attended the University of Utah and studied Spanish Literature. Silvina now lives in Dallas, TX. with her husband and her three homeschooled children.
More about S.B. Niccum...

Veiled (3 books)
  • Living Soul (Veiled, #2)
  • Endless: Oh Death, Where Is Thy Victory? (Veiled, #3)