Start by marking “If I Die Young” as Want to Read:
Preview

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Caelyn Noel was diagnosed with asthma five years ago, it put a damper on things. Now, she’s sixteen and things are finally going her way. She has loving parents, the best friend ever, and the boy she has had a crush on since elementary school has finally noticed her. Then, she collapses in school one day. To her horror, she finds out her heart is failing and she must ...more
ebook
Published May 5th 2011

To ask other readers questions about If I Die Young, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Die Young

Katie's Hellion by Lizzy FordDamian's Oracle by Lizzy FordDamian’s Assassin by Lizzy FordMaddy's Oasis by Lizzy FordKiera's Moon by Lizzy Ford
Indie Eclective
36th out of 56 books — 43 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenTolomay's World and The Pool of Light by M.E. LordeIf I Stay by Gayle FormanAll Good Children by Catherine AustenRapture by Lauren Kate
Books I Want To Buy
9th out of 130 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

H.Lee
This is a wonderful teen read! It focuses a lot on love, death and just trying to have some hope.

I basically cried through most of this book! Caelyn’s story is tragic and one that stayed with me for days. This would have to be every parent’s worst nightmare, but I appreciated the fact that the story was from Caelyn’s perspective. It kept the reader attuned with the thoughts and feelings of the actual patient instead of a loved one.

The relationship between Caelyn and her best friend, Lindsay was
Brittany
This book happily satisfied my craving for a teenage drama/romance! Its been a long while since I have read a book of this genre and it was a nice refresher. Most teenage dramas are sad and may bring tears to the reader's eyes, but I'm one of those odd people who likes sad books, songs, and movies. I've forgotten how much I love this genre and will have to start reading a little more of it!

Lets start with the plot. Caelyn thinks she is an every day teenager with an allergy problem until she find
Kendall Gardner
This book was AMAZING. It mad me laugh and cry. It truly touched my heart. This book was so real to me and I think everyone who reads this book will fall in LOVE with it. This is a must read for teens and parents.
Zanny
Cassie McCown
By: Talia Jager
ASIN: B004ZLD0P2
Published May 5, 2011
Available Format: ebook

My Rating:

Cailyn is your average teenage girl, dating and hanging out with her best friend at the mall. She’s had a few health problems, some asthma and allergies, but she isn’t prepared for the news that she is a lot sicker than she thought. So sick, in fact, her life may be over much too soon.

Drama of any sort is something that I have to read quite sparingly. It is just too much for me to read something
Natasha
This was such a great short read. I read it in about 3 hours. I bought it on Kindle for 2.99.

*If you are a "crier" I highly suggest you read with a box of tissues.*

Caelyn Noel is an ordinary teenager. Maybe not as active as some of her friends, due to asthma, but she still has the usual problems. Getting homework turned in, final exams, breaking up with her boyfriend. All of a sudden Caelyn is faced with some heart wrenching issues. She is in the last stage of heart failure and it has been misd
Jamie
If I Die Young is such a heartwarming story. The writing makes it feel so realist. There is a nice mixture of drama, friendship and romance.

Caelyn is a typical teenager who has asthma. One day at school she gets shortness of breath and collapses. She comes to find out that she has heart failure. As the story progresses Caelyn is told that she will need a heart transplant and soon to survive. The first half of the book is very sad and just breaks your heart reading it. I can't imagine having a l
Tracy Smith
Teenage drama at it's finest can be found in "If I Die Young" by Talia Jager.

Cailyn Noel is 16 years old with more health issues than even she could ever imagine. Follow her, along with her family and best friend, Lindsay, as her health deteriorates and she must face the possiblity of never being able to live her life to it's full potential. Will she ever go to college? Will she ever fall in love and marry or even go on a date? Will she ever be "normal?" These are just a few of the things that
Elizabeth
I really liked this story. Cailyn gets sick with a serious illness and you would expect it to become monotonous and long winded, but it doesn't. This well written story made me experience her desperation, fear and anxiety, and then later her joy at finding love. When I read the last words, I felt a warm, fuzzy feeling of happiness.
Rebecca Jones
I'm in love.

this book I read in less than a day. it made me cry. it made me laugh. and most of all it made me think. I loved this book. the journey this young girl had to take is remarkable and it is written so well that as a reader you feel apart of the story.
Trevi Ogilvie
Amazing

... this book was amazing. Words can't describe how good of a book it was. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody who doesn't like chick-flicks but even if they didn't, this book was amazing.
Mickey Reed
Thanks so much to Talia Jager for sending me an ecopy of her novel. Here's my honest review:

I wish I had better things to say about this book, but the writing just wasn't that great. I loved the cover, and I mostly liked the idea behind the book, but I just couldn't get past certain elements of the writing. There were random details thrown in at odd moments, and it just didn't flow for me. It felt like a Lurlene McDaniel novel, just not quite on par.

I somewhat enjoyed the story, but it was pret
Kayla Goswick

If I Die Young

this was the best book ever I will read it over and over
it was amazingly amazing. it was the best book ever.
 Lianne Mei
I really enjoyed reading this. There was so much emotion in this book and I really liked Caelyn.
FAIS LIBRARY
This was amazing book for teens and Tweens. It has dramatic and romantic parts.
Eric Wright
Great read! I loved this book. It almost brought tears to my eyes. A book has never had such an influence on me like that. Simply amazing.
Elizabeth Norcross
This is one of the best books I have EVER read.
Carly
Wow! This book was hard to put down! The plot is so twisted and surprising! Although the likeliness of this happening in real life is slim to nill, it will still warm your heart, make you cry, and put butterflies in your tummy!
Molly Sargen
Overall I liked this book, but the last few chapters seemed to skip too much time and it all blurred together. Aside from that, it really is a realistic account of what Caelyn's situation would be like...so maybe it's a 4.5.
Angela
really good.i didnt think it was going to have any romance but in the end it did.which was fantastic! and especially the way that caelyn ended up getting his sisters heart! just fantastic!(:
Hannah Harvey
Disappointed. It felt too rushed and I didn't like the ending at all. Just ok for me.

Full review on my blog www.the-book-tower.blogspot.co.uk
Julia Crane
A tragically beautiful story with a great ending. Must read for teens.
Chrissy Van Der Laan
Chrissy Van Der Laan marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Star
Star marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Aydan
Aydan marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Slipping Reality
  • The Hunter (The Guardian, #1)
  • Swan's Way
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Today Only
  • Winning Me Over (Unexpected Love, #2)
  • Last Chance (Robyn Hunter, #1)
  • Undertow
  • Interrupted: A Life Beyond Words
  • Reel Life Starring Us
  • Passion (Desire, #3)
  • Gossamer  (Faeble, #1)
  • Sanctum (The After Light Saga, #2)
  • Before You Go
  • Torn
  • Walk A Lonesome Road
  • Blessing's Bead
  • Hex Education
The Ultimate Sacrifice (The Gifted Teens, #1) Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2) Damaged: Natalie's Story Teagan's Story: Her Battle With Epilepsy Eternal Promise (A Between Worlds Novel: Book Three)