Start by marking “Glee: Summer Break: An Original Novel” as Want to Read:
Glee: Summer Break: An Original Novel

Glee: Summer Break: An Original Novel (Glee #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  427 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Fans are clamoring for more showmance, more mash-ups, more Cheerios...more Glee! Now, Gleeks everywhere can spend more time with uber-ambitious Rachel Berry, outrageous Kurt Hummel, and dreamy Finn Hudson with these completely original stories about everyone's favorite glee club.
Published July 5th 2011 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about Glee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glee

Stephanie A.
All I can figure is that the author got tired of criticisms about not being sufficiently in character or canon-based and just went, "Screw it, I'm going AU." Most of it is a fantasy sequence set a year in the future after Rachel hits her head. It was a little disappointing after the great grasp of character dynamics in the last book, but still entertaining to have Kurt running around as Big Star Rachel's personal assistant/life coach/only person who can stand her, patiently filling in the gaps o ...more
Menoedh
I can't believe that it only took me less than a week to finish this book because of my previous experience with Glee books. But "Summer Break" couldn't be in my possession in better timing.

Glee has been in the longest hiatus ever from season 5 to season 6 and I guess I miss the show quite a lot. To find the book accidentally is a nice thing too. Oh and after that disaster called Blue Moon as a light reading, this book is a nice save.

There are three things that I really like from the book. Firs
Teresinha
UPDATE, více tady: http://mundo-da-teresinha.blogspot.co...

Další kniha Glee, drží si stejnou úroveň jako předešlé. Nejsem velký fanoušek seriálu, ale nebylo to špatné. Tahle má navíc kapku rafinovanější zápletku, i když ji rychle prokouknete, je to vlastně docela sranda a dobrý nápad :)
Elaine
Haha! What a dream!! Rachel Berry goes Broadway eh?? Even with this story i still don't find myself liking her, she's self-centered, over confident lady, but she really is good at singing. I so love Kurt and his gayness. XD
Bethany
This book was a definite let down. I was sure it would actually be about the glee clubs summer instead very much like the show it was centred around Rachel. The worst part for me was the way Kurt is portrayed :(
Jesse Owen
Summer has strolled around the corner and that for the Glee kids means no school, no slushies and a bliss filled period of time with which they can (within reason) do whatever they like. Yeah! Um, no – Mr. Schuster has had the bright idea of running a summer camp for the local schools – potentially throwing all their summer plans (or lack of them) out the window.

It sounds like a fabulous idea for a story but for me I didn’t really see enough of the summer camp – it’s there at the start and there
Laura Cushing
If Hell has a bookshelf, this book is sitting in a prominent place on it. I picked this 'book' up at our local library because I enjoy the Glee television show, and thought I might likewise enjoy the tie-in book. As I have read good tie-in books before (see the Monk series of novels by Lee Goldberg ), I was cautiously optimistic.

It started out okay enough- Summer Break was approaching and the Glee kids were getting ready to be counselors in a music camp for kids. Except of course, for Rachel, wh
01toriw
The protagonist in this story is Rachel Berry, a musically talented teenager with big dreams of becoming a Broadway star in her future. As the book begins, it is the last week of school and Rachel is highly anticipating summer break so she can be able to start her career of being a famous Broadway star. While she is at glee club rehersal, her instructor, Mr Shuester, has notified the class that there will be a summer youth camp for musical learning and all the glee club members are the instruct ...more
Emily Rhoads
Wow. What a truly horrible piece of garbage. I hated the first two Glee books, which I made the mistake of purchasing hoping they would be good/get better, but this one really took the cake. Thank God I did not spend money on it (Got it at the library) but I really want the two days I spent reading it back. It is written like fan fiction - BAD fan fiction. "Brittany is stupid, Santana is a mean lesbian, Quinn is a goody-two-shoes" does NOT translate to the page at all. It says on the back that i ...more
Jessica
I'm not going to lie, I mean did you really expect these books to be all that? I am a huge fan of the show and it was nice to have these little spin offs. If you like the show, give them a try. But they are geared towards a younger audience.
Esil
3. sezonda Promps mu Props mu ne öyle bir bölüm vardı, ona benziyordu.
Yara Hatem
Meeh..

I love glee don't get me wrong but getting this book for the price I paid for, so did not help.

I felt that the author was like a " bitchy " women who just went on and on and just wouldn't just SHUT UP! Like comon we are not stupid to the point that you need to keep on blabling on the same pointless point for 3 pages!!!

but to be fair I did laugh at points, but I think it was more cause of the fact that I rem.d these situations from early seasons.

I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. It
Thricia Zabala
Rachel sure has a wide imagination.
Vendea
Příjemné počteníčko stejně jako předchozí díly. Opět bych doporučila jen fanouškům Glee, protože je to jen taková třešnička na dortu pro fanoušky. Kniha se odehrává na konci druhé série a docela mě překvapilo, že se kniha drží seriálu. Proměna Rachel Berry ve Scary Berry byla zábavná, stejně jako Svatá Santana a ostatní proměny. Připomělo mi to trochu proměnu identit na konci třetí série. Pokud chcete knihu celou jen o Rachel Berry, tahle je pro vás jako dělaná.
Grace
I was expecting this book to be boring and dull ( due to the fact it's a T.V. Show novel ) but, actually it wasn't
Was mainly about Rachel
Had VERY good character development!
Started to read it again awhile ago...
When I first started it, it was boring and hard to get into but, after putting it down for a couple of months, I came back to it and finished it in 2 days
Allison
Like I said about the previous book, love the idea and POV's but I can't picture it in my mind as I'm reading because I think, this isn't how Lea Michele would act or the fact that I can't always remember what everyone looks like perfectly and I won't settle for anything else because my mind is set on the actual cast playing the roles of Rachel Berry and Kurt Hummel.
M Di
I didn't really understand this book and I am very disappointed because I am a total gleek!
Rick Grimes
I felt like I was reading fanfiction or an Internet roleplay. Bad narration, a sort of okay plot but I thought the plot itself had no relation whatsoever to the title. I thought the book would tell us how the Glee members would spend their summer teaching kids and all that, but instead we read about how Rachel dreams that she's a celebrity? Tsk, misleading.
Alex
I think this was my favorite of the Glee novels, as it featured an "alternate world" a year into the future after Rachel hits her head. I cracked up at all of Brittany's one-liners, and once again feel like the author matched everyone's personality perfectly.

I hope there are more published!
Emma
Even with more negitave comments on good reads and nook shop, I think think that this book was great! Sure, their were times when I wished Rachel would go back to her real life, but it was still fun to read. Mager Quinn fans would might like to no she is listed more in the end.
Katie Price-Hughes
I thought this book was good, but not something I would recommend a lot.
Duckpondwithoutducks
I love the TV show, so I also liked the quirky characters and witty dialogue of this book! But, if you haven't seen the show or would not refer to yourself as a "gleek", then maybe this book is not for you.
Abbie
Eh, it was mostly mediocre. Read it only because it was Glee. Left a lot of possible plot lines hanging. Would have liked to see something else developed. These are really going downhill.
Nicole
It's a glee book, I never think that they are so mired in truth. It's a good, hour or so read and the descriptions of slushies and Patti LuPone busts is enough to make a giggle.
Shelley
I'm saying 5 stars anyway, haha. I'm a total Gleek and love these books, I've been really looking foward to this one coming out since Foreign Exchange :)
Pammy
Maybe 3.5 stars. I was kinda hoping the book would actually be about the glee club's summers, but instead the whole book was Rachel's dream.
April
Wow did Rachel really have some wild dreams in this one....I really enjoyed it though....was nice for Kurt to have a bigger part in this one
Clara
Feb 11, 2012 Clara rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the gleeks
The third volume wasn't the best one. :( It was less funny and I didn't like the way the story was made. The two first ones are better.
Agent Smith
One of the best Glee books so far. Rachel gets a glimpse of her life as a Broadway star & doesn't like the person she becomes.
  • Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee
  • Heart to Heart (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #6)
  • Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You
  • Dark Reign: Young Avengers
  • Loose Ends
  • Poetry in Motion (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #3)
  • Friends 4 Ever?
  • Get Your Vote On (High School Musical, Stories from East High, #8)
  • It's All Relative! (Wizards of Waverly Place, #1)
  • Broadway Dreams (High School Musical, Stories from East High, #5)
  • Billion-Dollar Kiss: The Kiss That Saved Dawson's Creek and Other Adventures inTV Writing
  • A Winter's Wedding
  • High School Musical 2
  • Pretty in Pink
  • The Mark of Nimueh (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #3)
  • The Book of Three, Volume 2 (Charmed)
  • Cam's Quest: The Continuing Story of Princess Nevermore and the Wizard's Apprentice
  • Santa's Little Helper (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #5)
Sophia Lowell is the pen name for a talented and seasoned YA novelist.
More about Sophia Lowell...

Glee (3 books)
  • The Beginning (Glee, #1)
  • Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)
The Beginning (Glee, #1) Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2) Glee Glee