Start by marking “Glee: Summer Break: An Original Novel” as Want to Read:
Glee: Summer Break: An Original Novel

Glee: Summer Break: An Original Novel (Glee #3)

Fans are clamoring for more showmance, more mash-ups, more Cheerios...more Glee! Now, Gleeks everywhere can spend more time with uber-ambitious Rachel Berry, outrageous Kurt Hummel, and dreamy Finn Hudson with these completely original stories about everyone's favorite glee club.
Published July 5th 2011 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about Glee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glee

Stephanie A.
All I can figure is that the author got tired of criticisms about not being sufficiently in character or canon-based and just went, "Screw it, I'm going AU." Most of it is a fantasy sequence set a year in the future after Rachel hits her head. It was a little disappointing after the great grasp of character dynamics in the last book, but still entertaining to have Kurt running around as Big Star Rachel's personal assistant/life coach/only person who can stand her, patiently filling in the gaps o ...more
Tereza Pecáková
UPDATE, více tady: http://mundo-da-teresinha.blogspot.co...

Další kniha Glee, drží si stejnou úroveň jako předešlé. Nejsem velký fanoušek seriálu, ale nebylo to špatné. Tahle má navíc kapku rafinovanější zápletku, i když ji rychle prokouknete, je to vlastně docela sranda a dobrý nápad :)
Bethany
Jun 24, 2012 Bethany rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a definite let down. I was sure it would actually be about the glee clubs summer instead very much like the show it was centred around Rachel. The worst part for me was the way Kurt is portrayed :(
Binibining `E (Maria Eleynita)
Haha! What a dream!! Rachel Berry goes Broadway eh?? Even with this story i still don't find myself liking her, she's self-centered, over confident lady, but she really is good at singing. I so love Kurt and his gayness. XD
Laura Cushing
Feb 18, 2012 Laura Cushing rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If Hell has a bookshelf, this book is sitting in a prominent place on it. I picked this 'book' up at our local library because I enjoy the Glee television show, and thought I might likewise enjoy the tie-in book. As I have read good tie-in books before (see the Monk series of novels by Lee Goldberg ), I was cautiously optimistic.

It started out okay enough- Summer Break was approaching and the Glee kids were getting ready to be counselors in a music camp for kids. Except of course, for Rachel, wh
Jesse Owen
Jun 19, 2011 Jesse Owen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Summer has strolled around the corner and that for the Glee kids means no school, no slushies and a bliss filled period of time with which they can (within reason) do whatever they like. Yeah! Um, no – Mr. Schuster has had the bright idea of running a summer camp for the local schools – potentially throwing all their summer plans (or lack of them) out the window.

It sounds like a fabulous idea for a story but for me I didn’t really see enough of the summer camp – it’s there at the start and there
01toriw
Jan 01, 2013 01toriw rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The protagonist in this story is Rachel Berry, a musically talented teenager with big dreams of becoming a Broadway star in her future. As the book begins, it is the last week of school and Rachel is highly anticipating summer break so she can be able to start her career of being a famous Broadway star. While she is at glee club rehersal, her instructor, Mr Shuester, has notified the class that there will be a summer youth camp for musical learning and all the glee club members are the instruct ...more
Menoedh
Dec 14, 2014 Menoedh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe that it only took me less than a week to finish this book because of my previous experience with Glee books. But "Summer Break" couldn't be in my possession in better timing.

Glee has been in the longest hiatus ever from season 5 to season 6 and I guess I miss the show quite a lot. To find the book accidentally is a nice thing too. Oh and after that disaster called Blue Moon as a light reading, this book is a nice save.

There are three things that I really like from the book. Firs
Emily Rhoads
Jan 13, 2012 Emily Rhoads rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What a truly horrible piece of garbage. I hated the first two Glee books, which I made the mistake of purchasing hoping they would be good/get better, but this one really took the cake. Thank God I did not spend money on it (Got it at the library) but I really want the two days I spent reading it back. It is written like fan fiction - BAD fan fiction. "Brittany is stupid, Santana is a mean lesbian, Quinn is a goody-two-shoes" does NOT translate to the page at all. It says on the back that i ...more
Yara Hatem
Jan 24, 2013 Yara Hatem rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meeh..

I love glee don't get me wrong but getting this book for the price I paid for, so did not help.

I felt that the author was like a " bitchy " women who just went on and on and just wouldn't just SHUT UP! Like comon we are not stupid to the point that you need to keep on blabling on the same pointless point for 3 pages!!!

but to be fair I did laugh at points, but I think it was more cause of the fact that I rem.d these situations from early seasons.

I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. It
Vendea
Aug 07, 2012 Vendea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Příjemné počteníčko stejně jako předchozí díly. Opět bych doporučila jen fanouškům Glee, protože je to jen taková třešnička na dortu pro fanoušky. Kniha se odehrává na konci druhé série a docela mě překvapilo, že se kniha drží seriálu. Proměna Rachel Berry ve Scary Berry byla zábavná, stejně jako Svatá Santana a ostatní proměny. Připomělo mi to trochu proměnu identit na konci třetí série. Pokud chcete knihu celou jen o Rachel Berry, tahle je pro vás jako dělaná.
Metzli Garcia
Dec 01, 2016 Metzli Garcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book about dreams coming true and shooting for the stars. Rachel Berry is one of a kind, a star. Summer break is coming and Rachel wants to get prepared for a whole summer of rehearsals and singing and acting and of course having time for Finn, the man she loves. Rachel then has this weird dream where the whole world is upside down and people changed to people they never were like the mean people turned nice and so on. Rachel got confused when she saw what happened. Can this be really true?
Allison
Like I said about the previous book, love the idea and POV's but I can't picture it in my mind as I'm reading because I think, this isn't how Lea Michele would act or the fact that I can't always remember what everyone looks like perfectly and I won't settle for anything else because my mind is set on the actual cast playing the roles of Rachel Berry and Kurt Hummel.
Grace
I was expecting this book to be boring and dull ( due to the fact it's a T.V. Show novel ) but, actually it wasn't
Was mainly about Rachel
Had VERY good character development!
Started to read it again awhile ago...
When I first started it, it was boring and hard to get into but, after putting it down for a couple of months, I came back to it and finished it in 2 days
Tadashi Hamada
I felt like I was reading fanfiction or an Internet roleplay. Bad narration, a sort of okay plot but I thought the plot itself had no relation whatsoever to the title. I thought the book would tell us how the Glee members would spend their summer teaching kids and all that, but instead we read about how Rachel dreams that she's a celebrity? Tsk, misleading.
Emma
Aug 06, 2011 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even with more negitave comments on good reads and nook shop, I think think that this book was great! Sure, their were times when I wished Rachel would go back to her real life, but it was still fun to read. Mager Quinn fans would might like to no she is listed more in the end.
Duckpondwithoutducks
I love the TV show, so I also liked the quirky characters and witty dialogue of this book! But, if you haven't seen the show or would not refer to yourself as a "gleek", then maybe this book is not for you.
Alex
Jan 05, 2011 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my favorite of the Glee novels, as it featured an "alternate world" a year into the future after Rachel hits her head. I cracked up at all of Brittany's one-liners, and once again feel like the author matched everyone's personality perfectly.

I hope there are more published!
Jessica
I'm not going to lie, I mean did you really expect these books to be all that? I am a huge fan of the show and it was nice to have these little spin offs. If you like the show, give them a try. But they are geared towards a younger audience.
April
Wow did Rachel really have some wild dreams in this one....I really enjoyed it though....was nice for Kurt to have a bigger part in this one
Nicole
Jul 21, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a glee book, I never think that they are so mired in truth. It's a good, hour or so read and the descriptions of slushies and Patti LuPone busts is enough to make a giggle.
Agent Smith
One of the best Glee books so far. Rachel gets a glimpse of her life as a Broadway star & doesn't like the person she becomes.
Caitlyn
I liked the plot and how it was laid out
Pammy
Dec 16, 2011 Pammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe 3.5 stars. I was kinda hoping the book would actually be about the glee club's summers, but instead the whole book was Rachel's dream.
Katie Price-Hughes
I thought this book was good, but not something I would recommend a lot.
Thricia Zabala
Rachel sure has a wide imagination.
Abbie
Jan 17, 2012 Abbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2012
Eh, it was mostly mediocre. Read it only because it was Glee. Left a lot of possible plot lines hanging. Would have liked to see something else developed. These are really going downhill.
Kenzie
  • Don't Stop Believin': The Unofficial Guide to Glee
  • Glee: The Official William McKinley High School Yearbook
  • Archie Meets Glee
  • Choosing Glee: 10 Rules to Finding Inspiration, Happiness, and the Real You
  • Heart to Heart (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #6)
  • Get Your Vote On (High School Musical, Stories from East High, #8)
  • Wildcat Spirit
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Valiant (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #2)
  • The Last Dragonlord (The Adventures of Merlin Series 2, #13)
  • A Winter's Wedding
  • The Mark of Nimueh (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #3)
  • Battle of the Bands (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #1)
  • Footloose
  • Loose Ends
  • Poetry in Motion (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #3)
  • It's All Relative! (Wizards of Waverly Place, #1)
  • The Poisoned Chalice (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #4)
Sophia Lowell is the pen name for a talented and seasoned YA novelist.
More about Sophia Lowell...

Glee (3 books)
  • The Beginning (Glee, #1)
  • Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)