Start by marking “Lezioni di seduzione” as Want to Read:
Lezioni di seduzione

Lezioni di seduzione (Northfield #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,443 ratings  ·  159 reviews
Fra gli scaffali polverosi di una libreria, Brianna scopre un libro scandaloso che farebbe bene a non prendere, pieno di parole che una dama come lei non dovrebbe nemmeno pronunciare. Ma la curiosità è femmina, e Brianna intravede fra quelle pagine la possibilità di dare una veste nuova alla sua vita e al suo matrimonio. È sposata con Colton Northfield, un aristocratico in ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Leggereditore (first published November 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lezioni di seduzione, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lezioni di seduzione

Rane
Brianna has been married to Duke of Rolthven, Colton for a few months, and although she knows he cares for her, there is still something lacking in their marriage, scared he may turn to another woman in time, Brianna takes it upon herself with the help of a book Lady Rothburg's Advice--a courtesan's lessons for love in order to win her husband over in bed and later win his heart!

This was a sexy and cute read, with something not written much about married couples, Emma Wildes takes a swing with
Catherine
Brianna, wife to the Duke of Rolthven, has bought a copy of a banned book. The book, "Lady Rothburg's Advice", was written by a courtesan and helps the reader learn how to please a man and keep his attention. Brianna has been married for three months and is determined to please her husband, Colton, in every way so that he will never look to a mistress.

Brianna and Colton have a content marriage, but Brianna hopes that they can grow together and that possibly her husband will fall in love with he
Katie(babs)
Brianna and Colton have been married for three months. Their marriage is built on respect and care for one another. Colton has a reputation of being cold and straight laced because of his status as the Northfield, the fifth Duke of Rolthven. He’s one of the wealthiest men in England and his wife thinks of him as her dashing prince. But as a new wife to such a man, she has doubts, which leads her to wonder if she can keep Colton satisfied and happy in bed, because many men like him to turn to mis ...more
Lindsay
A very quick, fun light read. I liked the duel story lines and liked all four of the main characters. It was a little annoying with the mixup between the hero and heroine but luckily it wasn't really drawn out and was resolved quickly. This is my first book by Emma Wildes and will definitely pick up more.
Zumbagirl
HOT HOT HOT! Two love stories. Friendship. Brothers. Very cute:)

Honestly, I picked this up because I liked the premise: married woman (Brianna) wants to add more spice and romance to her marriage and get her husband (Colton) to spend more time with her. Lady R, a former courtesan, had written a book that gives instructions to women on this subject. It was banned but Brianna found it, read it and proceeded to use it to "seduce" Colton. Her husband, the super starchy hero, was appreciative of her
Karen
Oct 27, 2010 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance readers
This is a fantastic historical romance.....a little bit more sensual than most....but that's sometimes just what I'm after.
Brianna Northfield is newly married to the very respectable Duke of Rolthven, Colton. She decides she doesn't want a husband who once she produces the required heir will move on to a mistress. Whilst she enjoys her time in the marriage bed with Colton, she'd like to spice things up a little to ensure his undivided and faithful attention.
She purchases a copy of the banned nov
Dec 18, 2011 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance fans
Shelves: historical
This book was too, too cute!

Well-bred, proper Brianna Northfield has decided she's not quite as fullfilled in her marriage as she should be. She loves her husband, but yearns for more passion than her proper husband has been showing her. Armed with a how-to manual written by a notorious courtesan, Brianna sets out to shake up her very prim husband's world.

I love the fact that this story takes place between an already married couple. This pretty much allows the author to hit the ground running in
Sammy
I thoroughly enjoyed this book ... it was refreshing

I mean , with all those tips & the reactions it brought ... it was so much fun , I adore both couples ... they were perfect for each other . And i loved these ladies boldness... it was so fun to read , for once where they took the charge and made things happen , rather than wait for their heroes .. who might would have been late ...
Daniella
Lessons From a Scarlet Lady was not perfect. The biggest problem for me would be the lukewarm love scenes. The sex lacked the appropriate amount of heat needed by the story to make an impact. Mind you, this was a book about seduction, revolving around the sexual exploration between Brianna and Colton. In my opinion, the lack of intensity in this area was very underwhelming.

Nevertheless, this novel still managed to win me over with its good writing, and well developed, likeable characters. The p
Fernanda
Simplesmente adorável!

Uma trama simples, mas com uma simplicidade na narrativa e nos diálogos que se lê quase sem se dar por isso.

Histórico só porque a acção decorre nos século XIX, mas o tema como não poderia deixar de ser é intemporal... Relações humanas continuam a ser o que nos define, regras á parte, os sentimentos, as emoções e o quanto é revelado faz parte de todos nós.

Jenny
Heroine is crazy in love with her husband. Their sex life is pleasant but not adventurous. She buys the book of a renowned courtesan so as to seduce her husband, make him fall in love with her and never seek a mistress.

However, her husband is suspicious. He can't understand how his innocent shy wife became a sexy siren and he believes she is cheating on him. At that point he realizes he is in love with his young bride!

Great historical romance. Brianna is a very sweet and warm heroine. I liked
Lucy *Qhuay's shellan*

Well, this was a big disappointment.

I was expecting something more atmospheric, if you know what I mean. After all, this is the story of a woman who uses the teachings of a renowned courtesan, written in a notorious book, to seduce her husband and spice their sex life and, hopefully, make him fall in love with her.

However, the hero was so damn uptight that all felt forced and awkward to me.

In one moment he completely fell for Brianna's schemes and quite thoroughly ravished her and the next he
Emma
As other reviewers have already said, this a two-romances-for-one book. Both couple share the pages very harmonously.

On one hand, you have Brianna and Colton who make a very sexy pair. After 3 months of marriage Brianna decides to spice things up in the bedroom and let's just say her husband is not complaining. With time though he starts questionning his wife's behaviour (of course !). It was nice to read about a happy married couple for a change. Their story was sexy (very much so, right from
Kari

This is a steamy historical romance of two different couples.
Brianna and Colten, the Duke of Rolthven have been married three months. Brianna is madly in love with her husband, but she decides she needs to spice things up in the bedroom, since her duke is sweet but a bit stuffy. She secretly buys a book written by a well-known courtesan giving advice on marriage, sex and relationships. She follows the suggestions in the book and manages to capture the Duke's attention in every way. Their intera
Lindsey
Lessons from a Scarlet Lady is a little different than most of the historical romances I read. There are TWO love stories running through the book. Brianna and her husband Colton the Duke of Rolthven and his younger brother Lord Robert Northfield and Brianna’s childhood best friend Rebecca Marston. Both stories build on top of one of another. I was worried that there would not be enough detail to each couple but I was happily surprise that each couple had a lot detail and depth.

Brianna and Colto
Tina
Very Cute book.

Brianna has been married to her husband The Duke of Rolthven for just a few months and she finds marriage very satisfactory. She also means to keep it that way. She is determined that her husband never has to stray outside of marriage. To that end, she gets her hands on a very scandalous book written by someone named Lady Rothburg. Lady R. gives young wives and women tips on not only how to please their men in the bedroom but also insights on the male psyche.

With book in hand, Bri
Kathleen
I absolutely LOVED this book. This is the type of book that is perfect to me. I enjoyed all the character's and the story line surrounding them. The book had plenty of heat, the love's scenes were fantastic. I found myself smiling a lot while reading and I did shed a tear of two. Everyone was happy at the end, just an all around great book.

I like some of the other reviewer wish that Emma will write Damien's story too.

This was my first Emma Wildes book and it will not be my last.
Iraida
Una lectura entretenida, sin más. No volvería a repetir la experiencia, pero la novela no me ha desagradado tanto como esperaba. La verdad es que me ha sorprendido, sobre todo que Emma Wildes no parezca una ignorante sobre la época victoriana. Unos personajes muy 'agradables' o 'refrescantes', a falta de una palabra mejor.

He tenido la sensación de que se les prestaba más atención a los personajes secundarios que a los protagonistas, pero no se me ha hecho difícil terminar de leerme el libro. E
Aly is so frigging bored
I didn't expect to like it, but I did! I really, really did.
sraxe
This book is passable. Brianna and Colton were boring and most of their interactions were of a sexual nature. It got real boring, real fast. The only characters that were even remotely interesting were Rebecca and Robert...but that's not saying much considering everyone else. Even with them being okay, it's not worth it because Rebecca and Robert's story was really just standard fare.

I didn't think Colton could do anything worse than being boring. But then he did. When he wonders where Brianna l
Ana Luisa
Comecei a leitura deste livro com bastante curiosidade. Através da entrevista realizada aqui no blogue à autora, ela mencionou que este teria sido o livro que escreveu com mais facilidade e que adorou escrevê-lo e essas palavras despertaram a minha atenção.
Já conhecia o seu trabalho através do livro “Uma Aposta Perversa”, mas mesmo assim nada me tinha preparado para esta história. Emma Wildes, com a sua escrita muito própria, faz-nos entrar no universo sensual que nos vai descrevendo e dificilme
Sana
Aug 01, 2011 Sana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sana by: Cheryl
Shelves: read-in-2011
Lessons From a Scarlet Lady was a recommended read and I found it a very enjoyable and a sexy read. I rarely find a good enough synopsis of historical romances which capture my interest enough to make me read them. But I found the story to be highly intriguing and a page turner which is why I finished it in less than a day.

The main protagonists, Brianna and Colton, are truly very engaging. While Brianna kept me engrossed throughout in what she was about to do next; I also anticipated Colton's r
Filipa
3,5 stars (http://labirinto-livros.blogspot.com/...)

Este é o segundo livro que leio da autora Emma Wildes. O anterior, Uma Aposta Perversa, foi sem dúvida uma surpresa. Um livro leve, para desenjoar de outras leituras foi o que encontrei. Esperava o mesmo para Lições de Sedução e foi o que acabei por encontrar.
Um livro que pudesse dar-me uma leitura sem muitas exigências, para me divertir, fazer rir e que me pudesse mostrar um ambiente romântico passado em Londres do século XIX. Este género de l
Rose May
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com)

This book was adorable from start to finish. It tells the story of two best friends, Brianna Northfield and Rebecca Marston, married and single respectively. Brianna is the wife of Colton, the Duke of Rolthven. She feels he treats her distantly, and is especially disappointed with the careful nature of their lovemaking. She knows she loves him, and its her goal to make su
Roberta
Nella Londra di metà 800 una giovane duchessa entra in possesso di un libro considerato a tal punto sconveniente da esser stato bandito dieci anni prima... Il libro in questione fu scritto da una cortigiana con l'intenzione di dare consigli su come conquistare un uomo! Brianna e le sue amiche finiranno per leggerlo e trovare interessanti ispirazioni...

Lezioni di seduzione è stato definito un romanzo rosa, ma mai descrizione fu più errata, infatti questo libro è un vero e proprio romanzo erotico,
Margarida Cruz
Foi o primeiro livro que li desta aclamada autora americana. Depois de "Uma Aposta Perversa", o romance que conquistou os leitores portugueses, eis que a Planeta apostou na edição de mais um trabalho de Emma Wildes.

Em "Lições de Sedução" o prazer que retiramos da leitura é duplo, pois a autora presenteia-nos, de uma forma brilhante, com duas histórias de amor invariavelmente deliciosas - a de Brianna com o marido, Colton, e a de Rebecca com o mais mal afamado dos libertinos de Londres e também i
Ne
Lições de Sedução é uma obra para românticas e para aquelas que desejam entrar numa máquina do tempo e visitar o final do século XIX, como eu. Muito ao género dos livros de Madeline Hunter que gosto tanto, este livro deliciou-me com as suas personagens, bailes e regras de etiqueta.
Gostei bastante da ideia do livro com ideias e conselhos a cerca de como seduzir e compreender o sexo oposto, livro este que nos é apresentado com pequenos excertos. Estes dão um toque diferente e completo a cada capít
Neide Parafitas
Como já vem sendo habitual nos livros desta autora, existem dois romances paralelos: um central e outro secundário (aqui me irei debruçar apenas sobre a história principal).

Na trama central conhecemos Brianna, uma jovem que casa por amor com o duque Rolthven Northfield, que é um homem reservado e um pouco frio para com ela. Doce e inocente, a jovem não sabe como seduzir o marido, mas de uma coisa ela tem certeza: Ela não quer que o seu marido precise de outra!

Com esta ideia em mente, Brianna dec
Miraphora
Quando imparerò che non mi devo lasciar prendere dalla smania del momento? Quando capirò che, nella maggior parte dei casi, se un romanzo mi attira senza nessun motivo alla fine non mi entusiasma? Prima o poi ci sbatterò il muso e, finalmente, mi frenerò di fronte ai continui tentativi degli editori di farmi andare in visibilio per un libro. Che poi, diciamocelo, la Leggere è davvero molto brava. Crea un'attesa tale che tu non puoi fare a meno di entrare nel turbine e cedere all'acquisto.
E' una
Gisele
It was a nice read but is not one of my favorite. I didnt like that the story was based in two completely different couples, Colton -Duke of Rolthven- and Brianna, and the other couple Robert - the little bro of Colton - and Rebecca... I was more interested in the life of the Duke that in the life of the others.
Everything starts when Brianna the Dutchess of Rolthven buy one of the most scandalous book of seduction and begins the delightful journey of wicked seduction with her husband.
I learned s
  • To Bed a Beauty (Courtship Wars #2)
  • As Luck Would Have It (Providence, #1)
  • The Devil You Know (Rutledge Family #3)
  • Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • A Touch of Scandal (James Family, #2)
  • How to Marry a Duke (How To Series #1)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • My Darling Caroline
  • Lessons in French
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • The Wild Marquis (The Burgundy Club, #1)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Fallen Women, #2)
  • Sweet Enemy (Veiled Seduction, #1)
  • A Rake's Guide To Pleasure (Huntington, #2)
  • Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)
  • To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2)
  • The Lady's Tutor
Emma was born in Minnesota and she lives in the Midwest, though she grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She attended Illinois State University where she majored in geology, and there she met her husband, Chris. They have three children, a temperamental cat named Poot, and are lucky enough to live on a beautiful lake. On warm days, she does enjoy a glass of wine on the dock now and then, and always ...more
More about Emma Wildes...

Northfield (2 books)
  • Twice Fallen (Ladies in Waiting, #2)
An Indecent Proposition My Lord Scandal (Notorious Bachelors, #1) One Whisper Away (Ladies in Waiting, #1) His Sinful Secret (Notorious Bachelors, #3) Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)

“I know it is a cliché, but reformed rakes do make admirable husbands. Why? First of all, their wild oats are thoroughly sown. The second reason? They know how to please a woman between the sheets.
Think about it. After all, that is what made them rakes in the first place.”
10 likes
“I take it, since you sought to change matters, I was the one you found boring.” 5 likes