Start by marking “Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)

Blood Witch (Wicca #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  9,067 ratings  ·  255 reviews
Every day, I learn more about magick. The more I learn, the more my power grows. Sometimes, my own strength frightens me.

I know I'm alone, though. Cal is with me, my soul mate, my partner, my love.

Now I feel a shadow over us. When I cast out my senses, I pick up danger. But is it real, or is it all in my mind?
MP3 CD
Published March 16th 2011 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. (first published April 23rd 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Witch

Kaia
You know, I'm a grown woman. I should know better. I shouldn't be enjoying these books so much. I shouldn't be so annoyed that I have to wait to continue reading until the bookstore gets the next ones in. It's like my inner 14-year-old is in control.

I mean, these books have no plot. Stuff happens, but there's absolutely no "beginning, middle, end" structure to speak of. They just are, and suddenly they end, generally on a cliffhanger. The Wicca is obviously inaccurate and the rhyming spells are
Dee
Overall: The Sweep series by Cate is a light read, yet still really interesting. I felt like this was the sorbet course, a hiatus, amidst my reading of George RR Martin's much weightier tomes. Every novel covers Magick, young love and fitting in (or not!).

However, a novel in the Sweep series is so short that it is almost a chapter in the lives of the characters.
Plus: The Wiccan research is pretty intense, and the books give an authentic feel to being in a coven and the troubles/challenges a youn
J.
This one was somewhat better. I still think I know what the big twist is or will be. Seems to me like Tiernan is dragging it out. The ending was anticlimactic in my opinion.

Oh poor little Morgan... I'll likely read the next one just to see when she FINALLY realizes she's just a tool. I just hope it's not too late now for her.

That said, I still feel like the overarching series needs work. What saved this one was the introduction of new "mysterious" characters. I'll admit though that it took me a
Frishawn Rasheed
The third book in this amazing series is more of a joy to read than the first two.
This is the book in which we see Morgan start to come into her own. She is starting to realize who she is as a person and a witch. She is making choices that are taking her away from what others think is the right course of action for her, and toward what she believes to be right.
The author chooses to include entries from both Cal(Sgath) and Hunter (Giomanach) Book of Shadows. Once again, I find myself a little
Charlotte Phillips
And so the plot thickens. Things are beginning to unwind and show themselves already and we are onl onto Book three. It appears now that not everything might be what it appears to be, that perhaps there is a bit of covering up going on and those who are kinda nd gentle are being blinded from the truth. What I love about this series so far is the fact that nothing seems to be overly obvious. There are still secrets and mysteries to be worked out and that of course means there is this huge sense o ...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Woowy Zowwy!!

If anything - the endings of these books are fantastic!

Talk about evil cliffies! I'm already standing on the edge screaming NOES!!! because I don't have the next book.

I so wonder how people who read this series as it was released dealt with it. I wouldn't have had the patience.

"Blood Witch" starts right where "The Coven" left off. Morgan is in Selene's private hidden library where she find's her birth mom's Book of Shadows. Oh snap! And since we already know all about Mauve's Book o
Maddy

ZUM INHALT:

Magie, Liebe und Gefahr

Morgan hat das Buch der Schatten ihrer leiblichen Mutter gefunden und erfährt endlich mehr über ihre Herkunft. Doch sie ist geschockt, als sie herausfindet, dass sie von den Woodbanes abstammt, dem dunklen Wiccaclan. Zudem scheint ihre ehemals beste Freundin Bree einen Racheplan zu schmieden. Morgan macht sich auf alles gefasst, doch nicht nur von Bree geht Gefahr aus …

MEINE MEINUNG:

Im letzten Jahr war für mich die Autorin Cate Tiernan, eine absolute Neuentdecku
RuthAnn
After laughing hysterically at the first 2 books in this series, why did I continue to torture myself with the third? The answer is simply because all 3 of these books were together in 1 volume.

That being said, Blood Witch was not nearly as laugh out loud ridiculous as the previous 2 installments of this series. Don't get me wrong, it was still terrible, it just wasn't as bad. It seemed like the author was finally satisfied that she'd educated the readers enough about Wicca and she could finally
Jacquline
Brina
Die "Das Buch der Schatten"-Reihe hat es mir eindeutig angetan. Nachdem ich die ersten beiden Bände verschlungen habe, musste auch unbedingt der dritte Band her. Aktuell bin ich bereits beim sechsten Band und kann von der Reihe gar nicht genug bekommen. Allerdings muss ich auch zugeben, dass der dritte Band zwar wieder einmal sehr gelungen, aber dieses Mal jedoch etwas schwächer als seine Vorgänger ist. Schuld daran sind viele Wiederholungen, die meiner Meinung nach nicht hätten sein müssen.

Imme
Shellan
"Bluthexe" ist der dritte Teil der "Das Buch der Schatten"-Reihe.

Und auch dieses Cover überzeugt wieder durch schlichte Eleganz. Eine rosa Kerze, rosa Geschnörkel und die rosa Schrift erwecken die Neugier des Lesers.

Auch in diesem Band dreht sich wieder alles um Morgan, unsere Protagonistin. Auf der einen Seite finde ich sie absolut niedlich und süß, irgendwie ein bisschen kindisch und naiv, aber zucker süß. Auf der anderen Seite könnte ich sie manchmal schütteln und hinterfrage ihr denken. Aber
Inga
Ich bin hin und her gerissen und mich wundert es, dass es Morgan nicht is. Teilweise fand ich die Schrift sehr schwer zu lesen. Ich war mir oft unsicher wer den jetzt gerade erzählt oder sollte das auch so sein?! Mal schauen wie es weiter geht :)
Jill
Much less angst and much more information makes this book a solid follow up to the first two. If you've gotten to this point in the series you probably don't want an overview review, so I'm going to focus on specific elements.
I still don't like Cal so the heavier development of his and Morgan's relationship makes this book not awesome for me. He just weirds me out. He's overly protective and nurturing while still being kind of a smothering force.
This book backs off of the friend group for the m
Marina
SO MUCH TENSION!
I liked this third book A LOT!

there are still so many questions unanswered, so there's no way to not continue this series!
In 'Blood Witch' we get to know a lot more about Bree (I'm so excited to find out how the relationship between her and Morgan is going to develop), Cal (who I somehow don't trust), two new characters are introduced who both seem to be REALLY important, and of course we get to know SO MUCH MORE about Morgan that makes jaws drop!

I'm definitely enjoying this seri
Stefanie
Amazing! I read it in one day, I couldn´t lay it down! It´s awesome!
Kleineanna
3.5/5.0
Dieser Teil hat leider an Spannung verloren :-/
Myra

Review
Reading the third book in this series, it was nice to notice that the writing throughout the series so far is very consistent.

Slowly, new characters are introduced and Morgan discovers some mysteries about them. I always love it when the writer get's you thinking about all the possible outcomes within the story. Cate Tiernan definitely does that within the Sweep series.

For me, it felt like there was more mystery in this book, which I liked.
This boo
Nairabell
Morgan Rowlands now knows that she is a blood witch and through realising her power has found a new life and new love. But while Morgan thinks she knows all there is to know about her past, she is mistaken and the discovery of her birth mother's Book of Shadows stands to reveal more than ever. This combined with the arrival of two English witches in town threatens to destroy the balance Morgan thought she had found.

This is the third book in the awesome Wicca/Sweep series (after Book of Shadows a
Marcia
Again, she leaves me with a cliffhanger! *Frustrated sigh*

Sucked me right in again with this one. Many surprises, revelations. I want to scream at Morgan... (the main character) for her to OPEN her eyes. Yet, it's just a book and I have to keep telling myself that.

It's late and I want to read the next one already, but it'll have to wait for tomorrow.

This one in the series delved more into Morgan's past. She found more of herself, and at the same time, I think she lost more of herself; odd. Ther
Ella Preuss
I have to say, this series is becoming one of my favourites. It just gets better and better. Cate really knows her Wicca.

This review will be very short, because this is a short book. And since this is the third book, and the new bind-ups contain three books each, from now on I'll just review those bind-ups, because these books are so short, it'd be so much easier if I just did that, writing a review for three books at once.

What I have to say about Blood Witch:

Pages: 202 pages
Buy: Amazon
Recommend it: Yes!
Rating: 80.5/100 or 8/10

( This reviews contains spoilers as it's the 3rd book in the sweep series )

I know who I am, but I am not prepared for the choices that lie before me.

Everyday, I learn more about Magick. The more I learn, the more my power grows. Sometimes, my own strength frightens me.

I know I'm not alone, though. Cal is with me, my soul mate, my partner, my love.

Now I feel a
Chibineko
The great thing about this series is that the books are so short & the author makes the most of those pages. The story is neither rushed nor horribly drawn out- something that many series tend to fall victim to.

This particular book picks up where the last volume left off, with Morgan discovering her deceased mother's book of shadows in Selene's hidden library. Luckily Morgan is able to leave with the book, but is ultimately unable to truly answer all of her questions... and she's left with
The Literary Bystander (nxlee)
The plot of third book doesn't get interesting until Morgan's relationship with perfectly perfect Cal is threatened by the presence of Hunter and Sky, especially Hunter who is making it clear that he is going to expose Cal for exactly what he is and all these deep dark secrets that he has been keeping all of this time. For me, I felt like this book was trying slowly pick itself up from its predecessor at a snail's pace. We still get bored to death with romantic scenes between Morgan/Cal; however ...more
Ariel
This book was as wonderful reading as it was the first time around when I bought it a couple of years ago. Of course now that I'm older I seem to appreciate it more.
Basically I imagined Hunter as Tom Felton which made this a very awesome read because Tom Felton = sex. Though Hunter's character isn't made to be very likeable in this book, his resemblance to Tom made me hate him slightly less. I'm also such a big fan of Morgan and Cal's relationship that I catch myself grinning far too often withi
Julia
Rose
So what I said during Coven about Hunter was explained in this part. Cal just doesn't want to believe that his dad made a woman pregnant while his mom was pregnant of him. I could totally understand that.

If you read the parts of Sgàth you believe that he is really in love with Morgan and that he cares about her. Which is actually kind of cute if you have a thing for Cal. Which I had up till now. Soon it would be gone though.

I really like Robbie. (I haven't mentioned him before) He is a true fri
Wendy
This book picks up immediately where the last one left off. Selene and Cal find Morgan in the private library where she has found her mother's Book of Shadows. Selene agrees that it belongs to Morgan and Morgan spends a lot of the book trying to get to know her mother better through it. Meanwhile, Bree and Raven are trying to steal members from Cal's coven. Matt is drawn away by Raven to the detriment of his relationship with Jenny and Robbie goes to one of their circles with Bree because he is ...more
Liz
{Notes}

*Rating: 3.5

*As before, I love the different journal entries at the beginning of the chapter. They give different perspectives to an otherwise one perspective book. Minor spoiler, I was totally slow and genuinely surprised when I found out Hunter was the new journal entry writer. I spend the entire book trying to figure out who it could be.

*Speaking of Hunter, wow! It's so going to be a messy love triangle, right? Relationships that start as antagonistic are always my favorites...

*Cal is
Lielan
Band 3 ''Bluthexe'' der Reihe ''Buch der Schatten'' geschrieben von Cate Tiernan ist wieder eines der Bücher, die sich mal eben so runterlesen lassen.

Band 2 der Reihe Buch der Schatten hat die Latte an spannenden, emotionsgeladenen Hexenfantasy-Bücher sehr hoch gelegt, aber Band 3 kann trotzdem mithalten.
Band 2 endete super spannend und hat einen Cliffhanger, der den Leser definitiv zum Kauf von Band 3 anstachelt. Genauso ging es mir auch.
Ich habe Luftsprünge gemacht als es Band 3 zu kaufen gab
Book Discussions ...: * Blood Witch 1 2 Mar 12, 2013 02:04PM
  • Merry Meet (Circle of Three, #2)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • The Secret Scroll (Daughters of the Moon, #4)
191456
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro ...more
More about Cate Tiernan...
Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1) The Coven (Sweep, #2) Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved, #1) Dark Magick (Sweep, #4) Awakening (Sweep, #5)

“Of course, when we got home, we found that Dagda had peed on my down comforter. He had also eaten part of Mom's maidenhair fern and barfed it up on the carpet. Then he had apparently worked himself into a frenzy sharpening his ting by amazingly effective claws on the armrest of my dad's favorite chair.
Now he was asleep on a pillow, curled up like a fuzzy little snail.
"God, he's so cute," I said, shaking my head.”
16 likes