Start by marking “Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)

Blood Witch (Sweep #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,576 Ratings  ·  304 Reviews
Every day, I learn more about magick. The more I learn, the more my power grows. Sometimes, my own strength frightens me.

I know I'm alone, though. Cal is with me, my soul mate, my partner, my love.

Now I feel a shadow over us. When I cast out my senses, I pick up danger. But is it real, or is it all in my mind?
MP3 CD
Published March 16th 2011 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. (first published April 23rd 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Witch

Abbie
Jan 06, 2016 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morgan annoyed me one or two times in this, but she wasn't a bad character.

This was another okay read in the series, but again, the pacing was quite slow. It dragged a bit for me.
Dee
Nov 14, 2010 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall: The Sweep series by Cate is a light read, yet still really interesting. I felt like this was the sorbet course, a hiatus, amidst my reading of George RR Martin's much weightier tomes. Every novel covers Magick, young love and fitting in (or not!).

However, a novel in the Sweep series is so short that it is almost a chapter in the lives of the characters.
Plus: The Wiccan research is pretty intense, and the books give an authentic feel to being in a coven and the troubles/challenges a youn
Amna Houlin
Let's just say that this book gave a good laugh. Oh god these are characters are just too stupid XD.

Full Review:https://teabagsandbooks.wordpress.com...
Heartlessqueen
Sep 07, 2015 Heartlessqueen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tiffany Bolin
May 06, 2016 Tiffany Bolin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Hello?" I said into the receiver. I realized that I had no sense of who it was, even though I usually did before I picked up the phone.

Silence.

"Hello?" I said again.

Click. Drone of dial tone.

Okay, I knew, of course, that people get wrong numbers all the time. But for some reason, maybe because I was still caught up in images, emotions, and sensations from the fire, this silent phone call unnerved me. Every spooky movie I had ever seen came back to haunt me: Scream, Halloween, The Exorcist, F
Katrina Gudgeon
Once again, nothing really happened in this book. I feel like the conversations Morgan has with everyone are very repetitive. I still have more books to read from this series, but I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it or not. I've given this book three stars because it wasn't that bad, but if the plot doesn't pick up soon I don't know if I can bring myself to make it all the way to book 15.
Whitney
Plot

Finally, three books in, we get something that is starting to look like the beginning of a plot in Blood Witch. It doesn’t really happen until the last half of the book, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers, I suppose. Things don’t look like what they seem with certain witches, but there’s not a lot going on. I assume the next book will develop the plot further, but until then, we’re left with just a little scrap in this book. I will admit, though, that it’s enough to make me curious.

Writing

T
Suzie
OK, so yesterday as I finished up the last book, I was set to trashing this series and, getting most of the way through this book, I was even more determined. I just hate not finishing a book, it feels rude. I mean an Author has struggled and worked so hard to write a novel, be it good or bad, so the least I can do is finish what I have started.

So, my mind being made up that once I finished this book in the series, I would go not further, when suddenly all the YA angst and whining, whilst still
Gritshelme
There is no plot here. The coming inevitable twist is pretty obvious, and I feel it's being dragged out for far too long. Which may be a talent in itself given how short these books are.

I know I'll enjoy the series overall, but this third installment... ugh. Nothing happens until the end, and even then I'm pretty sure nothing actually happens.

I'll be reading the next book very soon. Not so much because I can't stand not knowing what's going to happen to Morgan, but because I actually care much m
J.
Apr 03, 2013 J. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, sweep, ya, wicca
This one was somewhat better. I still think I know what the big twist is or will be. Seems to me like Tiernan is dragging it out. The ending was anticlimactic in my opinion.

Oh poor little Morgan... I'll likely read the next one just to see when she FINALLY realizes she's just a tool. I just hope it's not too late now for her.

That said, I still feel like the overarching series needs work. What saved this one was the introduction of new "mysterious" characters. I'll admit though that it took me a
Frishawn Quinn
Jun 26, 2011 Frishawn Quinn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third book in this amazing series is more of a joy to read than the first two.
This is the book in which we see Morgan start to come into her own. She is starting to realize who she is as a person and a witch. She is making choices that are taking her away from what others think is the right course of action for her, and toward what she believes to be right.
The author chooses to include entries from both Cal(Sgath) and Hunter (Giomanach) Book of Shadows. Once again, I find myself a little
Charlotte Phillips
And so the plot thickens. Things are beginning to unwind and show themselves already and we are onl onto Book three. It appears now that not everything might be what it appears to be, that perhaps there is a bit of covering up going on and those who are kinda nd gentle are being blinded from the truth. What I love about this series so far is the fact that nothing seems to be overly obvious. There are still secrets and mysteries to be worked out and that of course means there is this huge sense o ...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Woowy Zowwy!!

If anything - the endings of these books are fantastic!

Talk about evil cliffies! I'm already standing on the edge screaming NOES!!! because I don't have the next book.

I so wonder how people who read this series as it was released dealt with it. I wouldn't have had the patience.

"Blood Witch" starts right where "The Coven" left off. Morgan is in Selene's private hidden library where she find's her birth mom's Book of Shadows. Oh snap! And since we already know all about Mauve's Book o
Tomjerry1
Mar 01, 2012 Tomjerry1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

ZUM INHALT:

Magie, Liebe und Gefahr

Morgan hat das Buch der Schatten ihrer leiblichen Mutter gefunden und erfährt endlich mehr über ihre Herkunft. Doch sie ist geschockt, als sie herausfindet, dass sie von den Woodbanes abstammt, dem dunklen Wiccaclan. Zudem scheint ihre ehemals beste Freundin Bree einen Racheplan zu schmieden. Morgan macht sich auf alles gefasst, doch nicht nur von Bree geht Gefahr aus …

MEINE MEINUNG:

Im letzten Jahr war für mich die Autorin Cate Tiernan, eine absolute Neuentdecku
RuthAnn
After laughing hysterically at the first 2 books in this series, why did I continue to torture myself with the third? The answer is simply because all 3 of these books were together in 1 volume.

That being said, Blood Witch was not nearly as laugh out loud ridiculous as the previous 2 installments of this series. Don't get me wrong, it was still terrible, it just wasn't as bad. It seemed like the author was finally satisfied that she'd educated the readers enough about Wicca and she could finally
Sarah Crawford
Feb 09, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book opens with a brief recap of sorts. Maeve Riordan is also known as Bradadair. She is Morgan's birth mother. Cal is her boyfriend, and Selene Belltower is his mother. Morgan's mother had been murdered. The Woodbanes have a reputation as being evil witches.

Morgan adopts a kitten, and she still goes to church, but feels uneasy there. Morgan's relationship with Bree is now hostile.

The concept of the Council of Witches is covered. They have a group called the seekers which hunt down what they
Natalia Paez
My rating for this Book is 3.9 stars.

Me parece que es genial todo pero, no voy a decir que me guste que este lleno de tanto contexto innecesario.

Me fascinan las pequeñas entradas en cada capitulo pero me confunden como el infierno, solamente obtengo claridad cuando esta al final de libro así que puedo decir que la mayoría de los fragmentos adicionales al inicio de los capítulos eran de Hunter y su infancia. No veo la conexión con Cal, o sea, él asegura que es el hermanastro de Cal, pero esos fr
Abriana
Sep 20, 2015 Abriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Taylor
Dec 18, 2014 Taylor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me. I loved the journal entries even more in this one. The revelations discovered I didn't see coming. This was the creepiest one so far and I loved it! The whole book had an eery tone. You never know what was going on and was just as confused as Morgan was. Her relationship with Cal disturbed me ALOT. He is a total creep. Despite Morgan being 17 by the end of the book, she acts like a 14 year old. How she only trusts Cal and never questions anything about him or their relati ...more
Jacquline
Oct 15, 2014 Jacquline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brina
May 23, 2014 Brina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die "Das Buch der Schatten"-Reihe hat es mir eindeutig angetan. Nachdem ich die ersten beiden Bände verschlungen habe, musste auch unbedingt der dritte Band her. Aktuell bin ich bereits beim sechsten Band und kann von der Reihe gar nicht genug bekommen. Allerdings muss ich auch zugeben, dass der dritte Band zwar wieder einmal sehr gelungen, aber dieses Mal jedoch etwas schwächer als seine Vorgänger ist. Schuld daran sind viele Wiederholungen, die meiner Meinung nach nicht hätten sein müssen.

Imme
Shellan
Feb 03, 2014 Shellan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Bluthexe" ist der dritte Teil der "Das Buch der Schatten"-Reihe.

Und auch dieses Cover überzeugt wieder durch schlichte Eleganz. Eine rosa Kerze, rosa Geschnörkel und die rosa Schrift erwecken die Neugier des Lesers.

Auch in diesem Band dreht sich wieder alles um Morgan, unsere Protagonistin. Auf der einen Seite finde ich sie absolut niedlich und süß, irgendwie ein bisschen kindisch und naiv, aber zucker süß. Auf der anderen Seite könnte ich sie manchmal schütteln und hinterfrage ihr denken. Aber
Stephysasa
Aug 09, 2015 Stephysasa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bloodwitch is the third book in the Sweep or Wicca series written by Cate Tiernan. The series follows Morgan as she gets into the Wicca world when Cal and his mother arrive to their town.
After finding her biological mother’s book of shadows on Cal’s mother’s library, Morgan is able to get to know a little better her mother’s story. However, Bree’s new circle is starting to creep her out specially Sky and Hunter, she has a bad feeling about those two, and Cal doesn’t like them either.
Bloodwitch
Raquel
Morgan has found her mother's Wiccan tools, and her relationship with Cal is strong. Everything seems perfect. Except that Cal's half brother, Hunter, is stalking them. Hunter claims to be a Seeker who is investigating Cal for the misuse of magick. Who can she trust?
--------------------

This book was an improvement to its predecessors. With new characters like Hunter and Sky, the story seems to be getting a bit more interesting. I still kind of love/hate Morgan with a bit of annoyance because she
Inga
Jan 12, 2013 Inga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich bin hin und her gerissen und mich wundert es, dass es Morgan nicht is. Teilweise fand ich die Schrift sehr schwer zu lesen. Ich war mir oft unsicher wer den jetzt gerade erzählt oder sollte das auch so sein?! Mal schauen wie es weiter geht :)
Nadine
Jan 24, 2015 Nadine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fertig-gelesen
Schwächer als Teil zwei- aber dennoch gut.
Morgan erfährt nun immer mehr aus der Geschichte ihrer Familie, liegt daran das sie nun das Buch der Schatten ihrer Mutter hat. Sie merkt immer mehr das ihre Kräfte was besonderes sind.
Sie leidet dennoch weiter unter den Bruch der Freundschaft zu Bree , mal vermisst sie sie und dann könnte sie ihr den Hals umdrehen.
In dem Buch taucht Hunter auf, Cals Bruder und sagt Morgan einige Sachen über Cal die sie nicht hören will.
Das Buch ist eine gute Fortsetzun
Jill
Much less angst and much more information makes this book a solid follow up to the first two. If you've gotten to this point in the series you probably don't want an overview review, so I'm going to focus on specific elements.
I still don't like Cal so the heavier development of his and Morgan's relationship makes this book not awesome for me. He just weirds me out. He's overly protective and nurturing while still being kind of a smothering force.
This book backs off of the friend group for the m
Marina
Apr 10, 2014 Marina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, witchcraft
SO MUCH TENSION!
I liked this third book A LOT!

there are still so many questions unanswered, so there's no way to not continue this series!
In 'Blood Witch' we get to know a lot more about Bree (I'm so excited to find out how the relationship between her and Morgan is going to develop), Cal (who I somehow don't trust), two new characters are introduced who both seem to be REALLY important, and of course we get to know SO MUCH MORE about Morgan that makes jaws drop!

I'm definitely enjoying this seri
Stefanie
Jun 13, 2011 Stefanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! I read it in one day, I couldnt lay it down! Its awesome! ...more
Linda
Jul 03, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And now the story is starting to get very interesting.....

I love how the story is journal-driven. There is a Book of Shadows entry preceding each chapter, which gives insight and usually mirrors the upcoming events. However, these are written in different fonts depending on which witch is sharing their thoughts, and sometimes dated, so they are mostly in the past. It's also a bit of a guessing game as to who the author is because they sign the respective entry off with their Wiccan name.

Am reall
Book Discussions ...: * Blood Witch 1 2 Mar 12, 2013 02:04PM
  • Second Sight (Circle of Three, #3)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Betrayed (Fingerprints, #5)
  • Into the Cold Fire (Daughters of the Moon, #2)
  • Witches' Key to Terror
191456
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro ...more
More about Cate Tiernan...

Sweep (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • Spellbound (Sweep, #6)
  • The Calling (Sweep, #7)
  • Changeling (Sweep, #8)
  • Strife (Sweep, #9)
  • Seeker (Sweep, #10)
  • Origins (Sweep, #11)

“Of course, when we got home, we found that Dagda had peed on my down comforter. He had also eaten part of Mom's maidenhair fern and barfed it up on the carpet. Then he had apparently worked himself into a frenzy sharpening his ting by amazingly effective claws on the armrest of my dad's favorite chair.
Now he was asleep on a pillow, curled up like a fuzzy little snail.
"God, he's so cute," I said, shaking my head.”
17 likes