Start by marking “Highland Nights (Druid's Glen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Highland Nights (Druid's Glen, #2)

Highland Nights (Druid's Glen #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  945 ratings  ·  42 reviews
A Mercenary haunted by his sinister past…

Gregor MacLachlan has much to hide. Not only has he made a name for himself throughout Scotland as a man that knew how to kill, but no one knows his true identity as that of the laird of MacLachlan's son—banished from his home. Gregor has been content with his life, never relying on anyone or anything. Until Fiona....

A powerful Drui
ebook
Published May 2006 by New Concepts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Highland Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Nights

Shawn
I really like this series. It is a story of Highlanders, Druids and Fae. Three druid sisters separated as children comes together to find their mates and fulfill a prophecy to save Scotland.

This is the second installment in the series and tells the story of Fiona and Gregor. They both have built walls around their hearts to bear the traumas of their childhood. When Fiona and Gregor first come together she immediately knows he is her mate, but is determined to keep him at a distance for fear he w
Tami
Good story. This whole 'don't kill MacNeil until the time it says in the prophecy' thing is getting irritating.. The 'cloaked figure' is irritating the bejeezus outta me. And these girls are pretty powerful, but seem to still get caught off guard.. At least this girl, Fiona, uses her powers to kick some arse. And of course the walking on water part was pretty cool too. Gregor came across as some puney boy in the first book. But now he's some great, super sexy warrior. Glad he came around to the ...more
Charlotte
I love this series...I truly do but (and it's nothing major but still!) the typos in the first three books of this series are driving me nuts! Donna Grant tells a great story and her characters are wonderful but please, please hire a new proof-reader! The only reason I gave this book 3 stars is because of the typos. If a reader is not paying attention, some of these errors could really lead them astray.
Elaine Mcdonald
What's not to love? Hunky Highlanders, Druids, action. It seems I have been reading a lot of these books lately. I haven't even taken the time to write reviews! I am about to start #5. I really liked Gregor and was happy to see him find his mate!
Paulina
2.5 stars. The hero and heroine were both idiots until the very last second. A 5 minute conversation with each other and each of their loved ones would have cleared up any and all misunderstandings. They also knew they were supposed to end up together, both from the prophecy as well as their own feelings (and in Fiona's case a prophetic dream showing her what would happen if she denied him), and still they fought it - for no good reason. Very aggravating. To add insult to injury, the editing in ...more
Lauren
Highland Nights
3 Stars

Synopsis
Banished from his clan and haunted by his dark past, Gregor Maclachlan is a mercenary tasked with retrieving Fiona MacDougal so that she can fulfill her role in bring about a prophecy foretelling the downfall of the evil MacNeil. However, sinister forces are at work against them and Fiona and Gregor will have to trust each other if they are to survive.

Review
The romance between Fiona and Gregor is compelling and they have a wonderful chemistry. Fiona is willful and
Having read book one in this series, I did want to read book two - but it took me a while to get to it. And then I finished reading one book and couldn't figure out which one to start reading next... and then I clicked on the collection this book was in and figured it was as good as any to read.

It was interesting to read the book with Gregor in next. Fiona hadn't made a proper appearance in book one, so I didn't know anything of what she'd be like. She was certainly independent... fairly amusing
Erin
This is my favorite of the three sister's books. I found both Fiona and Gregor to be compelling characters and a perfect fit for each other.

Fiona has difficulty opening up because she has felt abandoned all her life (by Moira). She want's nothing to do with the prophecy or the man that has come to take her away. She firmly believes that she can seal away her heart, to protect herself from being abandoned again, and be the one to walk away from her family, her mate, and anything else that may har
TheGeekyBlogger
Read for Fun!
Challenges: Read for Fun
Overall Rating: 4.25
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 4.25

First thought when finished: I am really enjoying this Druid based historical romance!

Quick Review: I am totally reading this series just for fun. I got the first one free and that led to me buying the last 4! This was another fun entry that took us further into the prophecy and introduced another sister. I loved Gregor in the first book and even more in this one. I am glad that Fiona was such a stro
Shanna
Must read

This is a wonderful second story in the Druid Glen series. Deep character development, love , magic and action abounds. Gregor and Fiona's story is both heartbreaking and heartwarming.
Cristina
Not my cup of tea. The heroine, Fiona, was a little stuck up even back then. I liked the hero somewhat but it wasn't enough to love the story.
In all, I won't be reading this again.
Joni
Highland nights by Donna Grant

Another hit for Donna. She is an amazing story teller. This series or her Dark Kings series would make a great tv series.
Shari Nash Montgomery
Highland Nights

I really enjoy reading about Druids. It is fun to let your imagination travel as you are reading. I am looking forward to reading book three.
Marru Aguilar
Solo digo ¡GREGOR!!!!!

Gregor MacLachlan (no tiene nada que ver con que sea Lachlan y que me peguen un mogollón) es un personaje que te deja con la intriga a cada paso que da y que así como dices que lindo dices hijo de … atormentado y encadenado a su pasado pero comprensible su personalidad al develar sus secretos.
Fiona no fue mi personaje femenino favorito ya que no entendí bien el punto de no soy una malcriada pero quiero hacer lo que quiera y cuando quiera. Te quiero pero no estés conmigo.

La
Frances McNeal
So far I think Gregor is my favorite male character in the series. The guilty he carries from being banished from his clan and why. Deep down he is so good. Fiona frustrated me at times being so stubborn and refusing to become attached to everyone especially after she had loved her foster parents. I enjoy that the books take some time for the couples to realize they have found their mates.

There were some inconsistencies in the book though and I don't know if that is the ebook publisher. Some nam
Netanella
May 27, 2009 Netanella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of period pieces, Scottish tales, paranormal
I loved this book. Period. I will definitely put it in the re-read stack.

This second volume of Druid's Glen tells the tale of the second daughter of the prophecy, Fiona, and her journey to Druid's Glen with the mercenary Gregor, who has been cast out of his clan. The scenes between the withdrawn Gregor and the feisty Fiona are memorable, and I found both characters endearing. The extremely likable character of Fiona is a very pleasant surprise, as normally most romantic heroines are written with
Brenda
I will admit that I picked this series from Donna Grant due to low funds in my book buying account. They are older, and available at an awesome price for the Kindle. This is the second book in the series. I loved it! I am making my way through Donna's books, and I'm tickled that because I'm behind I don't have to wait for the next story!

I love the characters in this series, both heroes and heroines. There is romance, Druids, Fae, action, adventure, mystery and men in kilts. Sigh.
Darcy
I would have liked this book more had Fiona not been so prickly with both Moira and Gregor. I hated how she denied from the start, her feelings and knowledge of just who Gregor was. I also hated how Fiona wouldn't give Moira a chance to explain what happened as kids, to hear her side of what happened.

I did like learning more about the evil one and it surprised me who it was and why he is the evil one.

I look forward to reading more in this series.
Christy
Another great read! Loved the first one so much I had to buy books two and three. I loved how the story continued so smoothly from a new perspective. Gregor and Fiona have such great chemistry and are both terribly stubborn. This book added a new dynamic to the storyline and prophecy that made this story so much more. Can't wait to read the third book! Excellent book!
Bridgette Bandell
I absolutely love how the book takes twists and turns leaving you wondering what is going to happen next. Fiona's story was amazing and I love how Donna makes her females in the story strong and self sufficient but still somehow not whole until the are mated. Great Book I recommend it to those who love a good storyline as well as the raw passion between the characters.
Anne
Second in the "Druid's Glen" series, this one is about second sister, Fiona, and the man who is sent to bring her to the Druid's circle,Gregor Maclachlan. The story intesifies, as more druids and fey are introduced, and the sisters need to find the third sister to enact the prophecy which is necessary to save their lives and save Scotland
Patricia
More editing was put into this book making it a better read. I love that you can escape into another world and sense in your mind feel as if you are a part of it. Donna truly knows how to deliver a story that accomplishes that. A great read and I'm rating this a 4.2 out of 5.
Drea
I liked it - it was a little more sex laden than the first book, which I'm not saying is wrong, but I think I could do without one or two in depth scenes if it meant more character/story building. Sometimes I wonder if I'm turning into a prude :-)
Denise
The first book was about sister #1 this book is about another and there are 3 sisters in the prophecy that has yet to come to pass. This one is about Fiona and her finding her mate and understanding her role in the prophecy.
Cindy
This is the continuing series of the Druid and Fae. This time it's about Fiona and Gregor. Learning what they are and the struggle to realize what they have with one another. The Scottish Highlands will never be the same.
Ellie
So far this has been my favorite book out of the series. Too bad there are the others! I'm sure Moria's book will be everything I'm looking for after Fiona. Gregor has changed so much and it's good to finally hear his story!
Linda
The story of Gregor and Fiona's journey to find love and the continuation of the fae prophecy to end the dark rule of The McLain" the Butcher" good book, action romance , Druids and the fae!
Sue-ellen Klassen
Great book. Originally found it in the cheap reads then downloaded all the series. Good writing and fabulous characters that get you hooked and keep you there. Wonderful quick reads.
Heather
Donna Grant weaves a beautiful story about Druids, Fae, and historical Scotland. I haven't read a book.by her that I didn't like and book 2 of her Druids Glen did not disappoint.
Melissa
You know how it will end with a HEA but you enjoy the ride. What is not to like with Highlanders, Druids and Fae all involved. It reminds me of KMM Highlander books.
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Fate's Monolith (MacLomain, #1)
  • Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • Sleeper Wakes (Blue Fire, #2)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
  • Daring the Highlander (The Legacy of MacLeod, #2)
  • Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)
  • Immortal of My Dreams (Immortal Series, #1)
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • Forever Enchanted (Fairies of Rush, #2)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
Donna Grant is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than forty novels and novellas spanning multiple genres of romance.

She was born and raised in Texas but loves to travel. Her adventures have taken her throughout the United States as well as to Jamaica, Mexico, and Scotland. Growing up on the Texas/Louisiana border, Donna’s Cajun side of the family taught her the “spicy” si
More about Donna Grant...

Druid's Glen (5 books)
  • Highland Mist (Druid's Glen, #1)
  • Highland Dawn (Druid's Glen, #3)
  • Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)
Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1) Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2) Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3) Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4) Midnight's Master (Dark Warriors, #1)