Start by marking “A Thoughtful Faith: Essays on Belief by Mormon Scholars” as Want to Read:
A Thoughtful Faith: Essays on Belief by Mormon Scholars

A Thoughtful Faith: Essays on Belief by Mormon Scholars

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published January 1st 1986 by Canon Press

To ask other readers questions about A Thoughtful Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thoughtful Faith

Erin
Thoughtful essays that were both influential and comforting when I first started feeling out my religious boundaries. Not just comforting, as I read these essays, they helped me to gain confidence as I realized that I wouldn't just be thrown about by whatever anyone said. I found things here that I thought were true and other things that I didn't feel applied to me or that I didn't agree with. But, I respected everything written there. An excellent collection.
Matthew Kern
22 different intellectual scholars, who are also LDS, write off how and why they have faith. Every one is worth reading.

I will pick this book up from time to time to be reminded of the differing perspectives of thoughtful saints.
Erik
There were about 22 short essays about belief from various Mormon intellectuals. There were about 8 essays that really made this book worth it. I would really recommend "Lusterware" to someone who does not want to read the entire book.
Ashley
I can't say enough good about this book! It is out of print so you'll pay atleast 50 bucks for it on amazon, but it is worth every penny...(easy for me to say, my brother bought it for me;) But seriously, READ IT!
Rebecca
Latter-day Saint scholars including Richard Bushman, Eugene England, Leonard J. Arrington, and others share their reflections on faith and belief.
Suzanne
Loved these.
Nann
Great book!!!
Corey Astill
Corey Astill marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Conner Motzkus
Conner Motzkus is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
felicity
felicity marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kristen Briggs
Kristen Briggs marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
David Nelson
David Nelson marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Lis Daynes
Lis Daynes is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Richjj
Richjj marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Jenica
Jenica marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Brianne Broome
Brianne Broome marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Dave Munk
Dave Munk marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Sarah Giles
Sarah Giles marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mormons and the Bible: The Place of the Latter-Day Saints in American Religion Teachers Who Touch Lives: Methods of the Masters The Oxford Companion to the Bible New Historical Atlas of Religion in America