Start by marking “The Infinite Worlds of Maybe” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Worlds of Maybe

The Infinite Worlds of Maybe

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
For every situation there are two realms of possibility: Columbus did/did not discover America; the North/South won the Civil War. That is the intriguing premise of this highly unusual adventure y one of the most distinguished authors of science fiction.

When Bill Franklin's father disappears suddenly, Bill faces the challenge of seeking out this fascinating world of dualit
Library Binding, 191 pages
Published August 1968 by Holt, Rinehart & Winston (first published February 1968)

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Worlds of Maybe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Infinite Worlds of Maybe

Kerry
This is a 3.5, gets bumped up to a 4 for its importance in my reading life.

I first read this in elementary school (I don't remember the grade, I just remember the library.) It was the first time I'd ever heard of parallel universes.
Matt
This is the first alternate universe novel that I ever read. It's different and neat, but I was twelve years old at the time, and could be easy to impress.

Unfortunately, it's hopelessly out of print, like almost all of Del Rey's work. Also, I think that it's sad that there is not a lot of good children's science fiction around. This one wasn't that bad, and it is not as dated as his other work.
William T.
when I was about ten years old this was the first science fiction novel I encountered. It started a life long love with the genre. I recently acquired the book and re-read it.

It is a simple, well-written alternative universe story. The character development is modest at best. It was probably well-targeted at 10 to 12 year old children of that time.
Dannah Rae
Dannah Rae marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sylvia Mitchell
Sylvia Mitchell marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
James Bolduc
James Bolduc marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Aiko
Aiko marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Daniel Baker
Daniel Baker marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Nahid
Nahid marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2012
RL
RL marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2011
Cindy
Cindy added it
Feb 27, 2010
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2009
19739
Lester del Rey (June 2, 1915 – May 10, 1993) was an American science fiction author and editor. Del Rey is especially famous for his juvenile novels such as those which are part of the Winston Science Fiction series, and for Del Rey Books, the fantasy and science fiction branch of Ballantine Books edited by Lester del Rey and his fourth wife Judy-Lynn del Rey.

aka Philip St. John
aka Eric van Lihn
ak
More about Lester del Rey...
The Runaway Robot Once Upon a Time Tunnel Through Time Nerves Police Your Planet