Start by marking “The Gift Of Forgiveness” as Want to Read:
The Gift Of Forgiveness

Charles F. Stanley

The Gift Of Forgiveness

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Strongly Bible-based, Forgiveness reflects the heart of Charles Stanley's teaching ministry. In this helpful book, he addresses such questions as how to practice a life of forgiveness in terms of one's relationships and how to make forgiveness an on-going, practical experience in one's life.
Published February 29th 2000 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc. (first published September 3rd 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift Of Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift Of Forgiveness

stormhawk
We all have an understanding of forgiveness at the surface, from the first time you have to apologize to your mom for something that you did ... but rarely do we take the time to really consider and analyze the process of forgiveness, and it's impact on our lives, far beyond just the particular incident for which we seek forgiveness or need to forgive others. Rev. Stanley provides an easy to follow and understand roadmap to improving your life on more that just the surface.
Heidi
Excellent teaching on a subject that makes a tremendous difference in our lives, no matter who we are and what we need to forgive or ask forgiveness for. I would say this is THE book to read on the subject of forgiveness - what it means to forgive, what God's forgiveness for us entails, how to know we've forgiven someone, how to be released from bitterness. That said, I wish there had been more depth. His theology and examples were superb, I just felt that he could have expounded a little bit mo ...more
Vance Hamilton
good Resource

Very helpful .when you need to ask for forgiveness. What action you need to do when you are the person that you need to forgive.

Vicki
Wonderful book, Another growth tool for my tool box .
This is another book I refer back to, re-read and lone out.I've had to purchase it a couple of times!
Praise God.
Justina Campbell
Very good book, i have read it twice now and am sure i will read it again before to long.
Brent Soderstrum
Another very good book from Charles Stanely. He sets out how not forgiving someone is really only hurting us and not the other person who we aren't forging. He also shows how not forgiving someone effects how you react among other people and in dealing with other situations. Stanley answers many of the questions I had about God's forgiveness give to me. He did it by sending Jesus to the cross to die for my sins: past, present and future. Confession of my sins effects only my fellowship with God ...more
Lucia Asturias
Absolutely recommended and one of the life changing books I've read in my life. Thank God for forgiveness...I would be dead if I had not learnt to apply it by choice, as it is best to do for our own sakes! I've learnt to forgive the unforgivable and go on to have an abundant peaceful and joyful life. Heave IS here on earth and we hold the keys inside of us by using our volition - the gift of choice. :) Be blessed...
Lindsay
I recommend that everyone, no matter their religion, read this book. it is so insightful to human nature and how what we see as simple occurrences in our lives have such a major impact on our outlook of each other. I am not ashamed to say that this book has also changed my attitude in my relationship and it is even better than ever.
Asif
What a tremendous fact! All my sins past, present, and future were taken care of 2000 years ago on that cross. When I accept Christ's forgiveness it's not a chronological event in the linear timeline of my life. Rather, my entire existence from beggining to end comes under the forgiveness of an eternal God!
Chad
This book helped me to better understand the gift of forgiveness from God! I highly suggest reading this book if you have ever had difficulty in the area of forgiving others.
Mary
I really have a hard time forgiving people and reading this book made me feel so much more at peace. I recommend it to anyone having problems with forgiveness.
Thomas Kinsfather
Stanley doesn't offer many new insights into the topic of forgiveness. Good exposition of Scripture and good outlines, if that's what you're looking for.
Karen Klein
Awesome book! Read a chapter a day with my daily devotional....gave me alot to think about and allowed me to finally forgive myself...
Amanda Espinoza
Anyone dealing with unforgiveness should read this book. Easy to read with practical steps.
Daniel
Great book, very practical look at what forgiveness looks like and how to apply it!
Antoinette
this book was life changing for me.
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Diane Jones
Diane Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Auriel Campbell
Auriel Campbell marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
TINA
TINA added it
Jul 04, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Rebeca
Rebeca marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
  • The Friendships of Women
  • Cross Talk: Where Life and Scripture Meet
  • Discernment: Reading the Signs of Daily Life
  • Bold Love
  • Battlefield of the Mind Devotional: 100 Insights That Will Change the Way You Think
  • Galatians for You: For Reading, for Feeding, for Leading (God's Word for You)
  • Running Scared: Fear, Worry, and the God of Rest
  • Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every New Day of the Year
  • The Way of the Wise: Simple Truths for Living Well
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • Better Together: What On Earth Are We Here For?
  • Pleasing God
  • The Visionary Christian: 131 Readings from C. S. Lewis
  • The Book for People Who Do Too Much
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids: A Story a Day from December 1st Through Christmas for Kids and Their Families
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living

“Until we are sure, until we settle the issue of forgiveness once and for all, two things will always be true. First, we will never have much confidence when we petition our heavenly Father. We will always feel that God is holding something against us. Second, we will put others on the same scale we put ourselves on. Since we are always trying to do something to ensure our forgiveness, we will subconsciously pressure others to perform to gain our forgiveness. We will have a tendency to remind others of their failures and their need to make up for them in some way.” 1 likes
“This is an important concept as we look into the idea of forgiveness because we see in it God’s desire to have fellowship with sinful, disobedient men and women.” 1 likes