Start by marking “For Everything a Season” as Want to Read:
For Everything a Season

For Everything a Season (Porch Talk series #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Filled with a cast of lovable, quirky characters, punctuated with simple wonders, the everyday truths found in this book offer much needed clarity to our own befuddled world. No matter where you live, no matter what your season, come along for the journey.

When Philip Gulley began writing newsletter essays for the twelve members of his Quaker meeting in Indiana, he had no i
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about For Everything a Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Everything a Season

Aldafan
Best friend gave me this book by a well-known Quaker minister. With simple stories and humor, we are reminded that God is always with us.
Tammy
Author Philip Gulley started writing by doing newsletter essays for his twelve member Quaker congregation in Indiana. Much to his surprise one found its way to radio commentator Paul Harvey Jr., and was read on the air to 24 million listeners. Now he has fourteen books in print including this collection of his newsletter essays.
Killian
Dec 17, 2010 Killian is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Philip Gulley displays his insightful and wise outlook on life and the world in this book. Compiled of memories of his life, he recalls a season for every "important" event in life..from birth to death. It is a really refreshing work that is not hard to read, but is also full of knowledge. I would highly recommend it!
Very good book. I enjoy all his books. They are simple goodness brought home to small town Indiana that you can relate to easily. Feels like your neighbor or friends when your reading the characters. You know your rooting for them and the good to win in the end of this wonderful story. Short but engaging read.
Carel
It's been so nice to find an author who still has wholesome values and can write about them in such a captivating way! He's wonderfully good and sweet and squeaky clean.
Michelle
A book full of insightful musings. I really liked this author and would like to read more from him.
Lynette
Simple musings of a good life. Nothing really new in this book. No solid story line, just living life.
Lorinda
A reflection on small town anecdotes and how they relate to Ecclesiates. A quick, easy read.
Lorna
A delightful read on one of my favorite scriptures.
Dana
You'll love this one too!!
Carel
He's wise for his years.
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Patrice
Patrice marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Julene Allen
Julene Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Julia Johnson
Julia Johnson is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2014
Parris
Parris marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • The Great House of God
  • Dearest Dorothy, Are We There Yet? (Dearest Dorothy, #1)
  • From Innocence to Entitlement: A Love and Logic Cure for the Tragedy of Entitlement
  • It's Better to Build Boys Than Mend Men
  • In His Image
  • A Contrarian's Guide to Knowing God: Spirituality for the Rest of Us
  • How Could You Do That?!: The Abdication of Character, Courage, and Conscience
  • Too Small to Ignore: Why Children Are the Next Big Thing
  • How Not to Die: Surprising Lessons on Living Longer, Safer, and Healthier from America's Favorite Medical Examiner
  • This Is a Soul: The Mission of Rick Hodes
  • Roaring Lambs: A Gentle Plan to Radically Change Your World
  • The Rapture Exposed: The Message of Hope in the Book of Revelation
  • Messy Spirituality
  • Leap Over a Wall: Earthy Spirituality for Everyday Christians
  • Autumn from the Heart of the Home
  • Room of Marvels
  • The Wisdom of Tenderness: What Happens When God's Fierce Mercy Transforms Our Lives
  • Another Country: Navigating the Emotional Terrain of Our Elders
Philip Gulley has become the voice of small-town American life. Along with writing Front Porch Tales, Hometown Tales, and For Everything a Season, Gulley is the author of the Harmony series of novels, as well as If Grace Is True and If God Is Love, which are coauthored with James Mulholland.

He hosts "Porch Talk with Phil Gulley" on the Indiana PBS affiliate WFYI television's flagship show Across I
More about Philip Gulley...

Porch Talk series (4 books)
  • Porch Talk: Stories of Decency, Common Sense, and Other Endangered Species (Porch Talk series, #1)
  • Front Porch Tales: Warm Hearted Stories of Family, Faith, Laughter and Love (Porch Talk series, #2)
  • Hometown Tales: Recollections of Kindness, Peace and Joy (Porch Talk series, #3)
Home to Harmony (Harmony, #1) Just Shy of Harmony (Harmony, #2) Christmas in Harmony: A Harmony Story (Harmony, #4) If Grace Is True: Why God Will Save Every Person (Grace Series, #1) Signs and Wonders: A Harmony Novel (Harmony, #3)