Start by marking “Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week” as Want to Read:
Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week

Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week (I Heart #3.5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  993 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Jenny Lopez is miserable. Having spent the summer working in LA, she’s back home in New York, and missing the three key elements in a girl’s life – a roommate, a job and a boyfriend. Jenny formulates a plan; surely someone must need a roommate and surely someone must need a girlfriend?

Published May 9th 2011 by Harper

The Mating by Nicky CharlesDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëCutters vs. Jocks by Elizabeth Marx
Best Free eBooks
107th out of 547 books — 1,171 voters
Nevermore by Kelly CreaghPartials by Dan WellsClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareThe Body Finder by Kimberly DertingPoison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Kéž by vyšlo v ČR
89th out of 214 books — 165 voters

More lists with this book...

Leah
Jenny Lopez is miserable. Having spent the summer working in LA, she’s back home in New York, and missing the three key elements in a girl’s life — a roommate, a job and a boyfriend. Jenny formulates a plan; surely someone must need a roommate and surely someone must need a girlfriend? By the end of the day, she has arranged a viewing for a potential roommate, the gay blond aka Stefan the Swede,secured two dates, and work looking after a top supermodel. Things look like they are back on track; e ...more
Lisa
What a fabulous little read. I sat and read this in one sitting in about 90 minutes. I am not a reader of "chic lit" but wanted something to read that wasn't going to take me long. This book just seemed as if it was going to be a light hearted read, and it was just that.
The book mainly centres around Jenny, but then there's her friends Erin and Angela. Jenny's life seems to be in a mess since coming back from LA. No real job, no roommate and no boyfriend as she's been dumped by the love of her l
Ronke
Over the last year or so Lindsey Kelk has found her way into my heart and become one of my favorite authors. Her fantastic I Heart series has really caught the imagination of Chick Lit lovers all round the world with her protagonist, Angela Clark who moves to New York to start a brand new life. Oh how we have lived vicariously through her life as she lands a plum job on a magazine, nabs a herself a cute hipster boyfriend and travels to exciting cities such as LA and Paris to cover stories. Linds ...more
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 09/05/2011
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Recommended for: fan's of chick lit and novella's
Edition: Kindle

I love all of the books by Lindsey Kelk so when I saw this short novella for free I just knew that I had to get it.

It is a really good quick read book by the talented Lindsey Kelk! Everything you could expect from a 'chick lit' book and more! Jenny Lopez is one of my favourite characters from the 'I Heart' Series, in this book we get more of a taste of this character, it is a fun book to re
Elisa
Quick enjoyable read . . . it was like going to Happy Hour with friends and catching up!
Rosie
I know it's a short story but I can't believe I finished it in under an hour! I just didn't want to put it down! I love Jenny in the I Heart series (although there are times when I can barely tolerate her) so was pleased to see how her life is getting on, and unfortunately it's not going too well.

I loved the recurring characters from the I Heart series which make an appearance and get mentioned (even thought I was quite surprised by one of them) - it's nice to see how everything carries on afte
Kirstie
‘Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week’ is a short story centered around the titular character Jenny, best friend and former roommate of the heroine of Lindsey Kelk’s ‘I Heart’ series of novels (‘I Heart New York’, ‘I Heart Hollywood’ and ‘I Heart Paris’). It’s not necessary to have read them to enjoy this story, I think it stands perfectly well on it’s own, but it certainly enhanced my enjoyment through getting to see characters that I love from a different perspective.

It’s a quick and easy little read th
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2012 Rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rebecca by: Previously read other books by Kelk
I didn't realise how short this book was, but it was a lovely quick & funny read! I have read all of Lindsey Kelk's books and this was is just as humorous. If you are looking for a quick, light hearted chick lit book - this is the one. In fact all of her books from the I heart series are for you.

As for this one it was weird reading from Jenny's perspective because I was used to Angela's voice; but credit to the author as she wrote them in dramatically different styles! Which in my opinion wa
Shxrxn
I didn’t like to lie. It was bad for the soul and – way more importantly – it was bad for the complexion, but there was no polite way of saying, ‘Hey pretentious asshole, you’re wasting precious seconds of my life. I need them. Byesies.
- Jenny
You get out what you put in. If you’re putting negative energy out there, you’ll get negative results.’
- Angela
The love of my life had got engaged to someone else. The way I saw it I had three choices. Beg him to take me back, cry myself blind or kill them
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Noooo don't finish!!! I knew Jenny Lopez was a short little funky story, but that was my reaction when I turned the page to realise it was game over. I wanted to cry, I wanted to know more, I wanted to be a fly on the wall in Jenny's apartment.

I can't believe it has taken me so long to get around to a Lindsey Kelk book. I deliberately started with this because it was short and I could slip it on top of my TBR and get a feel for her writing style. I am extremely impressed, and if I can be extrem
Fiona
An average read which didn't require much concentration . I normally love chic lit but this was a little too cheesy and too much use of the word " dude". Not sure I would be in a hurry to read another .
MrsMamfa
Once again, I expected great things from Linsey Kelk and was not disappointed. I love the character of Jenny and could easily read an entire series about her and what she gets up to.
Nowheregirl
quite the interesting story line. not.
i guess i shouldn't complain. the book is really short...or maybe it was actually a short story idk, point is, hardly a lot to go on or put a solid foundation or something.
so where were we? yes. single girl moves back to city. supporting friends. awful dates. some x-bf drama. new job stress. bitch supermodel...oh so typical chicklit.
however, the writing is as humorous as i was expecting. plus as cliche as it sounds, i really like how the protagonist didn't g
Katie
This was a good light hearted read that went well after the book 'I heart Paris'.
Imogen
Way too short at only 83 pages
Alyssa
I love Jenny Lopez. I love Angela. I love the i heart series. Jenny is gold as usual in this short story. It is a perfect short story to add to the series. It is an essential for the I heart books collector!
Steph
Really funny short story. It had me laughing out loud quite a few times. Like when Sigge came round. Jenny thought he was coming to view the apartment, he thought they were going on a date. Cue HUGE missunderstanding when she invites him to look around the bedroom lol. The kick in the balls really did it for me.
Really enjoyed this, and will deffinately be reading more of Lindseys work.
Kimbie
This amazing little book was so much fun to read. I love how Lindsey Kelk gave us the opportunity to follow a week of Jenny's daily life. Each chapter you learn more about the caracter and how much you want her to be your best friend. Eventhough the title says she had a bad week, once you read the story you'll most likely agree that Jenny's life isn't that bad after all.
Sally
Finally we get an insight in to the mind of Jenny Lopez. She is the best friend of Angela and it was great to see what she was up to whilst Angela was of doing her thing.

This is a quick fun read that does actually fill a couple of gaps that were between a couple of the books.

Not an essential part of the I Heart series, but it’s fun anyway.
Sabra
I love the I heart series by Linsdey Kelk and I loved that this gave a closer look at the old roommate of Angie, the main character in I heart books. It was a very quick read, I managed to read most of it at the hairdressers while my hair dye was processing. If you looking for a quick, fun read that will make you smile then this is great.
Maria
Way too short! I also felt like I didn't know alot of the "inside jokes." read the other books in the series before you read this one. While it is about a different character, the main characters in the "I heart..." series are the secondary characters in this story. I just seemed like I was missing something throughout the book.
Ann
This was a quick read. When I was reading, all I could think of was how quickly this short story will age. The book contains so many references to current pop culture that it's distracting, and even more so when in 5 years you have no idea who and what the people, TV shows and fashion labels mentioned in the book are.
Jenny
For a short, quick read, it isn't bad. At all. It follows the character of Jenny just as you'd want and expect. As always, it would have been nice if it were longer, and I was expecting another page to turn up when I flicked over for it. But it does help to remember it's short of being 100 pages long.
Nor'dzin Pamo
A light-hearted read. I enjoyed it. Did not understand some of the fashion/society references and initialisms because I don't live in that sort of world, but it did not affect my enjoyment too much. For a humorous, light story I thought the characters were well-drawn.
Chloe
I love Lindsey kelks work and so I was glad when I came across this short story book! I'm really sad that the i heart series has finished so it was nice to be able to read another short snippet involving the same characters! Overall a good holiday read for me!
iolannie callejo
4.5 rating because I bloody love Jenny Lopez so much! Makes me think Jenny deserves to have her own point of views not just Angela herself. Though it did actually slipped out in my mind that Jenny's is more interesting than Angela's right now.
Vinaya
Quick casual read .. Though i was not expecting it to end the way it did .. Bit still no complains.

It's good when you want to read something that is not inspiring,soulful too serious.It will make a good book for short Road trips.
Yousra Serry
As a novella, it deserves 5 stars. it had something going and was quite a light, enjoyable little read. I loved reading about Jenny for a change specially because i really like her character. and this left me liking her even more.
Kimberley
This was a very short, very light read. I contemplated giving it 2 stars because it was so short and didn't have a chance to really go nowhere, but the 61 pages of story that it did have was an enjoyable enough read. 3 stars.
Carla
enjoyed this book a lot!! should have read it before reading i heart vegas but it was definitely fun!!!!!
you should read this if you like the i heart series !! :D
  • One Thing Led To Another
  • The Summer Season
  • Here Come the Boys
  • The Personal Shopper (Annie Valentine, #1)
  • My Single Friend
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • Welcome to My World
  • One Perfect Christmas (One Perfect #1.5)
  • Sex Lessons
  • Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
  • The Chocolate Lovers' Diet
  • Ellie Andrews Has Second Thoughts
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
Lindsey Kelk is a writer, beauty blogger, karaoke fan and not-so-secret pro-wrestling fan. She currently lives in New York, trying to get around in shoes she can't really walk in.
More about Lindsey Kelk...

I Heart (6 books)
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
I Heart New York (I Heart, #1) The Single Girl's To-Do List I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3) I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2) I Heart London (I Heart, #5)