Start by marking “Lessons of Evil” as Want to Read:
Lessons of Evil
Preview

Lessons of Evil

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  10 reviews
WHAT PSYCHOLOGIST LAURA COVINGTON LEARNS IS UNIMAGINABLE …
WHAT SHE DOES IS UNPRECEDENTED.

Portland, Oregon, 1989. Respected psychologist LAURA COVINGTON makes the life changing decision to give up her cushy corporate job and devote herself to community mental health. She desires a needier, grittier case load, and does she ever get it. She could never have anticipated the de
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2011 by Mycomm One

To ask other readers questions about Lessons of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons of Evil

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg LarssonCorporate America by Jack   DoughertyGone Girl by Gillian FlynnThe Assassins Club by Dixon Rice
Best Thrillers
51st out of 348 books — 541 voters
Intensity by Dean KoontzOdd Thomas by Dean KoontzDeadly Thyme by R.L. NolenA House Without Windows by Stevie TurnerWatchers by Dean Koontz
Best Suspense novels
33rd out of 184 books — 360 voters

More lists with this book...

TC
Jul 18, 2011 TC rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: crime
Write a book description that mentions psychology, cults and suspense and you'll probably have, at the very least, piqued my interest.

This book is set in Oregon in 1989. Laura Covington is a psychologist who has given up private practice to join a community mental health unit, moving from a city to a small town with her mother and 5 year old Wade, who she became guardian of when a client died.

Her new clients range from the slightly odd to the seriously ill. One of those at the latter end of the
Archie
A disturbing début novel by Linda Myers.

Based around a cluster of multiple personality patients this story raises interesting and worrying questions about the influence of cults in our society.

Tense and surprisingly hard to put down, I was trapped in this book from the start. Not to say I read it in one sitting. The subject and the writing is intense and I needed some breaks from the emotional stress. Now, a week after I finished reading “Lessons of Evil”, it is still exercising my mind. I am lo
Candy
The author sent me this book about 18 months ago and I tossed it into the pile as "just another thriller" with an uninspired cover. Okay, that may have been a mistake...

This was an awesome suspense/thriller. There's some tough topics in here dealing with child abuse, but it's not excessive for the reader. There is a lot of information about cults as well as Multiple Personality Disorder and I found that stuff really interesting - it really added to my understanding of both along with moving the
John Overman
This was a fascinating thriller with more twists and turns than a NASCAR race. It took me a while to really get into it as the author had to develop a lot of characters and some aspects of psychology that most of us are unfamiliar with.

As the story progressed I found myself more and more sympathetic with not only the positive but also the negative characters. It was easy to identify with not only Dr. Covington and her family but the quirkly mental patients took on endearing characteristics as we
Prescottl
implausible story of a cult leader who intentionally abuses children in order for them to split into multiple personalities and the psychologist who takes on the leader and his victims.
Donna
This chilling novel has an easy to empathize with main character with believable family members and friends and an intriguing description of Multiple Personality Disorder and how a psychologist might work with clients with horrific abuse backgrounds. The story darkens as it describes the realities of human evil and the purposeful abuse of innocents. The author writes with both humor and warmth about a mental health setting in the 1980's and with a steady and clear description of the psychopath/c ...more
Qtilla
A great book about situational ethics and the mysteries of human psychology. Featuring a number of well-developed, strong female characters, this book was a satisfying read.

It was so incredibly tense and evocative that I had to stop myself from reading this fascinating novel too close to bedtime if I wanted to get to sleep. I don't usually read books like this, but it was so compelling!

Note that at the end of Lessons of Evil there is a preview of Linda B. Myer's newest novel, Fun House Chronicle
Gordon Richards
This book deals with scary themes ... the side of 'good' has to fight very hard. And does it win? Maybe. There is humor when you most need it (gag me with a spoon!!) but mostly a heart thumping adventure.
Carole Richards
A good read, starts a little slow to give reader the info you need, then really takes off. Fun to hear some of the 80s speak again, too. A tough female lead character that I'd like to hear more from.
Donna
This book wasn't so bad. And it built up as it went along.
Catherine Baker
Catherine Baker marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
E Yi
E Yi marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Ke Yu
Ke Yu marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Terri Lovins
Terri Lovins marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Ellyn
Ellyn marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Janet
Janet added it
Dec 24, 2014
Laura Mendyke
Laura Mendyke marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
marry bundy
marry bundy marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Sherry Fundin
Sherry Fundin marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I won my first creative contest in the sixth grade for my Clean Up Fix Up Paint Up Week poster. This started a career in advertising that even a Phi Beta Kappa and BA from Michigan State University could not derail.

A few years back, I traded in my stilettos for rain boots and moved to the Pacific Northwest. Now that I am a widow with a nervous dachshund and grumpy parrot for company, I have starte
More about Linda B. Myers...
Fun House Chronicles Fun House Chronicles A Time of Secrets: A Big Island Mystery Spirit Cat & the Goddess of Lust (Cascadia Novella 1) Spirit Cat & the Web of Revenge (Cascadia Novella)