Start by marking “Can't Get Enough” as Want to Read:
Can't Get Enough

Can't Get Enough (P.G. County #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  1,204 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The memorable men and women of P.G. County are back in Connie Briscoe's wickedly funny and deliciously daring novel of romance and betrayal, dangerous choices and seductive second chances.
P.G. County was Connie Briscoe's first excursion into the world of the overprivileged and undersatisfied inhabitants of an elite suburb of Washington, D.C.
Readers will be delighted to le
Published April 26th 2005 by Doubleday

To ask other readers questions about Can't Get Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Get Enough

Hannah
Nov 15, 2014 Hannah rated it really liked it
Jolene is ridiculous in this book, and the Jolene hate is worse than ever. Still, the growth of Barbara is gratifying, the womens' friendships with the Countess are lovely (up until the reveal at the end), and Pearl's interactions with her new family are so authentically awkward that her eventual successes are even more satisfying.

Pearl does become a bit of a Mary Sue in this book, but her breakthrough with her daughters is what will keep me coming back to reread it time and again. The main nega
Mocha Girl
Oct 12, 2009 Mocha Girl rated it it was ok
Can't Get Enough, Connie Briscoe's follow up to PG County, returns us to the prestigious Silver Lake community and continues where its predecessor ended. It instantly reconnects with Maryland's Prince George County's most memorable cast of characters who, for the most part, are still rich and still restless - a perfect combination for trouble and drama. Barbara, the wife of philandering millionaire Bradford Bentley, has sobered up and now takes her frustrations out in the gym instead of drowning ...more
Ari
Feb 04, 2016 Ari rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
IQ: N/A

Barbara finally comes into her own and I am here for it, until the end. I was so proud of Barbara for most of the book until the very end when I just deflated because Bradford is a mess. I'm not sure how Barbara forgot about the nonsense Sabrina pulled in the last book but the fact that her husband is still willing to sit down and have lunch with that woman...just says so much about who he is so I'm not buying this reconciliation. The writing is also lacking, the author constantly recaps
Michael Bell
Nov 27, 2015 Michael Bell rated it really liked it
I loved this book. Affairs definitely lead to intrigue, potential revenge and heartbreak. My favorite character was Barbara. She was married to the very rich, successful and cheating Bradford. They had successful daughters and wealth but he couldn't stop cheating. Dinner with an ex mistress while his wife and daughters were at B. Smith's in union Station pushed her into the arms of another man. A newly arrived Baroness with a surprising past helped moved the plot along. Jolene was just pathetic. ...more
Afrijewel
Dec 29, 2008 Afrijewel rated it liked it
I started this on Aug 23rd. This book was not as good at Ms. Connie Briscoe's P.G. County . Yet, it is definitely filled with drama in the black elite community with its wannabes, jealous folks and haters. The ending will put a smile on your face knowing that Jolene had karma ten fold returned to her.

Lastly, I bought it at Borders for $4.99!
Stanette
Jul 04, 2012 Stanette rated it really liked it
I read this book in one day and I was kind of pleased with it. I am glad that I was able to understand the character's background without reading the first book. It was a really easy read and kept me interested the whole time.
Jennifer Alexander Reynolds
I read this book in about 2 days. I was looking forward to continuing with the characters I became fond of in PC County. However, I was disappointed. This book was choppy and the character's stories left me unsatisfied. The ending was just okay. Not one of the author's best.
Collette
Nov 09, 2012 Collette rated it really liked it
I always knew that because you have a good bank account, great vacations and this beautiful home in these great overwhelming money communities doesn't mean that you really have it all. Good book I really enjoyed the read.

Thanks for my library membership - ebooks for borrowing is great.
Kellea
Oct 31, 2009 Kellea rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels-for-fun
This book is the sequel to P.G. County. If you are from the DC area or ever lived there, the locations will pop off of the page as you read. I was a little disappointed in the ending but I usually am with most books so it was no surprise. Overall, it was a good book.
Mahoghani 23
This clan of people has it going on! That Jolene needs to have her head examined....the rest are pretty usual people.
Tamieka
Apr 01, 2008 Tamieka rated it liked it
P.G. County was great! I don't think this sequel measured up...
Nekia Brown
Oct 28, 2014 Nekia Brown rated it really liked it
TASTEFUL AND CLASSY...NOT TOO TOO MUCH
Lab
Aug 28, 2011 Lab rated it liked it
Like her other book before this one not so much...was okay....PG county was far better, and believable......
Dr. Nic
Oct 29, 2014 Dr. Nic rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. Good story told with humor.
Francine
Ended up reading it twice didn't relized i had it in my library of books.Was another great book from Connie Briscoe.
Sharon
Feb 27, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it
The sequel to P.G. County which can read as a stand alone. Drama taken to a whole 'notha level!!!
Jil Ross
Dec 14, 2014 Jil Ross rated it it was amazing
Great title and very befitting of the story because I truly could not get enough. She is a great story teller and builds great characters.
Danielle Rose
Jul 21, 2009 Danielle Rose rated it really liked it
Sequel to PG County...fabulous!
Chicas Sippin Tea Erock
Good!
Christine
Jul 31, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing
The sequel to P.G. County again a must read..I miss reading her books
Afrykanqwin
Jan 12, 2011 Afrykanqwin rated it really liked it
loving it so far
Teaguem2005
Oct 11, 2013 Teaguem2005 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Started reading this and then remembee that I didn't enjoy the first book due to its class distinctions; no need to read future
Readmore Wynn
Mar 15, 2012 Readmore Wynn rated it really liked it
The sequel to PG County. Didnt keep my attention the way PG did but still a good read.
Audrey Jenkins
Feb 27, 2016 Audrey Jenkins rated it really liked it
Well-written! I would equate and call it the sister story to The Interruption of Everything by Terry McMillan.
Mp
Mp rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Jennelle
Jennelle rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2012
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Kayren
Kayren rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Latrel
Latrel rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2009
Stacie Hughes
Stacie Hughes rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2012
  • Scenes from a Sistah
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • I Know I've Been Changed
  • A Sin and a Shame
  • Don't Want No Sugar
  • Babylon Sisters (West End, #2)
  • Jezebel
  • Singing in the Comeback Choir
  • If I Could
  • Abide With Me
  • Leslie
  • Nappily Married (Nappily, #3)
  • Second Sunday
  • Better Than I Know Myself
  • Satin Doll
  • No More Playas
  • Torn Between Two Lovers (Big Girls Book Club)
CONNIE BRISCOE has been a full-time published author for more than ten years. Born with a hearing impairment, Connie never allowed that to stop her from pursuing her dreams…writing. Since she left the world of editing to become a writer, Connie has hit the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Boston Herald, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists.
More about Connie Briscoe...

P.G. County (2 books)