Start by marking “The Redeeming: Immortals Series, Book 5” as Want to Read:
The Redeeming: Immortals Series, Book 5

The Redeeming: Immortals Series, Book 5 (Immortals #5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  1,112 ratings  ·  48 reviews
In the fourth Egyptian dynasty, time of Gaza pyramid building, goddess Isis mated with her priests, bore five Immortal brothers, to battle monsters, and maintain the light-dark balance. Seven centuries before the present, a lush female demon seduced red-hair Tain; the lovers vanished; ever since, she has regularly flayed her victim.

In Book 1, brother Adrian with good witc
MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published March 25th 2011 by Books in Motion (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Redeeming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Redeeming

MaggieReadsRom
It's been more than a year since Samantha Taylor was involved in Tain's rescue from the Old One (ancient demon) who was holding him captive for over seven centuries. She fell in love with Tain that night but after his rescue he leaves without looking back, to heal from the torture he went through. Samantha has moved on and finds satisfaction in her work for the paranormal division of the LAPD.
More than a year after his brothers and Samantha freed him from Kehksut Tain is still a long way from he
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Sep08

In 2007, there was a four book series called “Immortals” written by three popular authors, Jennifer Ashley, Robin Popp, and Joy Nash. The series was about five brothers, children of a mortal father and different goddesses. Their destiny was to preserve the balance between life magic and death magic, but as the years passed humankind forgot about them and they each went their separate ways. I enjoyed reading the series, but was always bothered tha
Mindy
Of all the books in the series I've read so far, this is the best. Tain is compelling and haunted; Samantha is tough but willing to love. The side characters (excluding the other Immortals and their wives) are entertaining and add a depth to this novel that the others lacked. Considering the other novels, I wasn't expecting this one to grab my attention so thoroughly, but it caught and held it all the way to the end!
Hope
I love a book that makes me sigh with girly love and cry, my heart wrenching with an inability to comfort. Wanting more than anything to wrap my arms around a character and hug them, to say, "I know it hurts now but it will be ok!" Then to watch happily as it all rolls into place and actually is ok! :-)

Tain is such an enigma. Violent and out of control one moment, penitent and begging for help the next. I wanted to hate him! There were times I really did hate him. Yet through it all I had hope t
Hope

Nadjab
Zum Inhalt: Die Jahre der Folter durch Kekshut sind an Tain nicht spurlos vorbei gegangen: Er ist der stärkste der Unsterblichen, hat aber dafür mit regelmäßig mit Albträumen zu kämpfen und steht am Rande des Wahnsinns. Damals konnte ihn nur Samantha gemeinsam mit seinen Brüdern retten, deshalb ist er zu ihr nach Los Angeles gezogen. Aber er geht ihr aus dem Weg, denn sie ist eine Halbdämonin und er hat Angst, dass er süchtig ist nach todesmagischer Energie ist und deshalb sich von ihr angezogen ...more
☂ ℬrandi
❤❤❤

Samantha Taylor is half-demon, LAPD paranormal police investigator working undercover. She posing as a demonwhore, trying to bust Merrick, a vampire and club owner, who she suspects of using an illegal drug called Mindglow on human victims. It's the equivalent to a demon date-rape drug and when ingested it makes humans compliant victims and allows a demon to siphon human life essence-an essential part of a demon's diet. When two demons burst into the club Sam is taken by surprise when Tain,
May Mostly Romance
หลังจากผิดหวังกับฝีมือของเธอในชุดนี้สองเล่ม (The Calling และ The Gathering)ทำให้แม็กซ์ลังเลอยู่พอสมควรก่อนที่จะตัดสินใจหยิบเล่มนี้มาอ่าน แต่สุดท้ายก็สนุกขนาดที่วางไม่ลง แม้จะต้องไปวิ่งหนีตำรวจที่ยิงปืนเข้าใส่ประชาชนก็ตาม

ก่อนอื่นเราขอบอกว่า ไม่ค่อยแน่ใจนักสำหรับคนที่ไม่เคยอ่านชุดนี้มาก่อนว่าจะอินไปกับตัวพระเอกได้เท่ากับแม็กซ์ไหมนะคะ แม้ในส่วนของพล็อตจะไม่เกี่ยวข้องกับสี่เล่มแรกเลยก็ตาม แต่ถ้าคุณต้องการจะเข้าใจเทน แม็กซ์คิดว่าสี่เล่มแรกเป็นสิ่งที่คุณควรต้องอ่านมาก่อน มิฉะนั้นคุณจะไม่ชื่นชมเทนมากอ
Lover of Romance
Samantha is half demon and half human; her father was demon and her mother human. Most of her life she despised her father for what she thought he did to her mother. However lately she see's more of him, and her heart softens toward him. About a year ago, she helped save Tain from being in captivity by a powerful demon for over 700 years. Tain still suffers affects from being imprisoned for over 700 years being a captive and being tortured. Its been a year, and Samantha still thinks about Tain, ...more
Emily
Tain, an immortal warrior, was captured by a demon, an Old One for 700 years. His brothers and their girlfriends managed to save him, but he's still not back to normal. Samantha is half-demon and also a cop. She was instrumental in Tain's rescue, but isn't sure she wants any more to do with him after that. When someone starts kidnapping young demon women and cutting out their hearts, Samantha and Tain are thrown back together to figure out who's doing it.
Jennifer Ashley delivers another entranci
Laura the Highland Hussy
Tain was tortured for 700 years, and the one bright spot in his awful tragic existence came at the very end in a half-demon cop named Samantha.
Samantha fell in love with Tain the first second she saw him, completely mad and hell-bent on destroying the world, pet to a demon. But he looked at her and told her she was innocent.
A year and a half later, he's moved to LA to be near her, but she doesn't know. Then he brings to her attention the deaths of some demon-girl prostitutes and their adventure
Hbeebti
Man I have been waiting to read Tains book. I don't want to say to much, but to get to this point after all that he has endured made me nervous and excited to start this book. So this book takes place a year and half after the last book. Poor guy! I think that Samantha was perfect for him . I had hope that it would be about all him healing and love . I know sappy but he deserves it. No more pain. Damn it just when I thought no more pain he gets more. WTH? I cant even say why that upset me w/out ...more
Richard Fish
Very good read

This was a sweet read the series I sell worth reading.the combo of authors do well complimenting each book with the characters involved worth the time to enjoy the books.
Vivian
This a re-read for me. This story is the best out of the series. I read Adrian and Hunter's story, but they were not as good. I liked the suspense and the plot, it kept me guessing till the end. When Sam and Tain came together at the end, I loved it!
Jay
Although I love Jennifer Ashley I was slightly disappointed in this last book of the series. Maybe because the main character Tain was too needy and the plot at times seemed to float around in different directions.
Rosi
I gave it two stars because I was mislead by the cover description. The first two lines state: "He is going to take her. And it won't be gentle." Silly of me to think that the main man will be Alpha who knows what he wants and will get it by any means. It was quite the opposite. There was a lot of "I want her, but must stay away, so I will act like a jerk." I was in the mood for chocolate but got vanilla instead!
Perhaps if I wouldn't have been so persnickety, I may have rated it much higher. The
Night Goddess
Awesome ending for Tain and Sam......Tain deserves nothing but happiness after so much suffering......I love this series!!!!☺☺☺
Paraphrodite
Good to see Tain has his HEA. Of all the Immortal brothers, he had the hardest time and really deserves it.
Kim
Very formulaic. I like the stories of all the different immortals but once you read 2 of them, you know what to expect from the rest. Good escape reading but not riveting.
Teresa Spooner
Tain is finally happy, good book to read
ARe Cafe
Lori's staff pick for the week of 2/2/14.
Diana
Tain has spent the last year recovering from the madness he incurred during 700 years of torture and captivity to an Old One. Running across half-demon cop Samantha may prove dangerous, but he needs her help to stop a demon serial killer.

A dark but enthralling read, dealing with the aftermath of Tain's torture, which does not resolve quickly. The relationship between Sam and Tain is difficult to decipher, and doesn't progress like past Immortals. Like others, though, it's full of dark and sinist
Gypsie Holley
How romantic! I loved this. I hardly ever come across a novel these days when you have a chance to read about an actual proposal of marriage, the exchange of rings and then great sex afterwards. I was like, aaaawwww.... I couldn't wait to read about Tain. I loved Samantha and they were perfect for each other. I was not disappointed at all.

Best Quotes from book:

"No one has to go very far to find themselves." ---Tain

"Small snake, large sword." ---Adrian

Jennifer Ashley
Book 5 of the Immortals (Tain's story). A new e-book edition will release January 20, 2014. Trade paperback to follow. The re-release is revised and edited. The story has not changed, but hopefully will be a more smoothly written read. The Calling; The Gathering; and the Redeeming will be released simultaneously. To be honest, this one is my favorite. I love Tain! I was glad to be able to give him a story.
Mary
This is a great follow up and beginning of a new line of stories in the "Immortals" story.

Samantha and Tain were introduced in the previous book. This story was well done with few typical scenes. Several story plot twists.

The development of Tain and how he is dealing with 700 years of torture was my favorite part of this romance.
Jodz
I started this series from book #4 and then read this book which is #5! Suprisingly I wasnt lost and got straight into it! Book number 5 picks up not long after where book #4 left off! I love Tain, his character is beautiful but damaged! And sam is a kick ass down to earth half demon detective!!

A great read!
Crystal
I liked this one. FInally, an angsty paranormal H who hasn't had centuries to get over himself. Tain was "saved" a year previous from slavery to a demon. He'd been enslaved for some 7 centuries. Yeah; he's still having trouble coming to grips with it. Heroine was neither pushy, nor a pushover.
Caitlyn
Very nice follow-up to the rest of the series. You don't need to have read the other Immortal Series books to enjoy this one. But you might discover you'll want to read them. This book is Tain and Samantha's story. Very nice twists and turns here.
Kerry
I loved this book, following on from where The Gathering finished, I fell into Tain's story probably more than I did with the first four. I was deperate to know what fate had in mind for Tain and Samantha and I was in no way dissapointed.
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Eternal Moon (Moon, #8)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • Master of Smoke (Mageverse, #7)
  • Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)
  • The Cat (Sons of Destiny, #5)
  • In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3)
  • Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires, #4)
  • Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy, #2; Masters of Time, #4)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley has lived and traveled all over the world, and now lives in the Southwest. She writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jennifersromances.com, http://www.allysonjames.co
More about Jennifer Ashley...
The Madness Of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1) Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2) The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3) Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)

“There are no right and wrong choices,” Tain said trying to keep his voice gentle. “There is only what we do with the choices we make.” 0 likes