Spirit Fox

Spirit Fox

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Veteran DAW fantasy author Mickey Zucker Reichert joins with talented newcomer Jennifer Wingert to tell the story of a magic-filled land, where a war between the god and goddess has led to a war among mortals, and the reconciliation of the immortals brings peace to mortals as well. But even in peace there is peril, especially for Kiarda, a young woman of noble lineage dest...more
Hardcover
Published December 1st 1998 by DAW Hardcover

Justin
T. Strange
I love this book, and it's one of my favourites.

But it also reminds me of something pretty embarrassing:

I first read it when I was about 13 (ie: puberty), and, as it happened, I started getting a patch of red hair in my bangs, much redder than the rest of my hair. So, of course, I jumped to the only logical conclusion: OH MAH GAWD I"M TURNING INTO A FOX!!!!!1
M. Rivera
May 21, 2013 M. Rivera rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to M. by: librarian at Roosevelt Roads High School
This is the first fantasy book I ever read in high school. It drew me in and kept me captivated with its interesting story and lovable characters. I love the concept of sharing a soul with an animal. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.
Shauna Bradney
I loved the story in this book. The cat that kept changing his name was one o my favorite characters. I enjoyed how it played out the ending seemed a bit rushed though. The writing seemed simple but I still loved the book for the story itself.
Lissa
The best character in this book was the cat who often changes his name, sometimes called Furry Purry, sometimes Cat Who Bites Priests. I'd have to read it again to report some more funny names, but he was totally adorable.

The foundation of magic is strong and reliable. The culture is absolutely amazing. Even the bad guys' agenda is totally believable. The characters are interesting, especially the eldest brother and his romantic interest. No spoilers!

The only thing that was a let down was the cl...more
Susan
This was such a good book! Reichert doesn't usually write except in series, nor does she usually write with a partner, but IMHO this is her best book, and the Nightfall books are a hard act to beat!

I would have LIKED more story, but it would have probably detracted from the existing story, so I guess we'll have to accept that there will probably be no more of this story/world.
Betty
I wish I could give this book a higher rating. I really loved it to the end. IT was a fun read, I really liked the characters. They were all there own person. But the end was so rushed and not very believable to me.
Manda Hsiao
I should admit I took one star away for killing off my favorite character. Otherwise the story was quite good, even if everything seemed to work out a little too perfectly at the end.
Dawn Kurtagich
I loved this book - I read it first when I was about 14 and adored it so much that I went out, six years later, to find the exact edition I checked out of the library all those years ago.
Callista
Nov 25, 2008 Callista rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Callista by: Yvonne
Shelves: high-fantasy
This started out as an interesting story with some well-drawn characters; but it fell apart toward the end and had a very rushed-seeming conclusion, both of which annoyed me immensely.
Skye Person
It was amazing. It was well written and the Storyline was beautiful. I couldn't put this book down!
I read this book in middle school, and have never forgotten it. I loved the story, characters, and plot. I will admit, the ending was rushed.
Deidre
I really like the one book Jennifer Wingert wrote, and I liked this earlier one she co-wrote. But I wish she would write another one.
Sally
Light reading. I liked most of the story, but it suddenly wrapped up in a nice, clean, everyone-is-happy ending.
Renee
The themes of miscommunication and defining the 'other' added to this fantasy/romance.
Summer Kohari
I've read this book at least twenty times. Its a great fantasy!!
Bookewyrm
Bookewyrm marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Lorinda
Lorinda marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Heather Baker
Heather Baker marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Stacy Eyman
Stacy Eyman marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Kelley Ceccato
Kelley Ceccato marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Carly
Carly marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
  • Guardian of the Balance (Merlin's Descendants, #1)
  • Memory of Fire (The World Gates, #1)
  • The Secret of Dragonhome (Dragonhome, #1)
  • Beyond the Blue Moon (Hawk and Fisher, #7)
  • Sword-Born (Tiger and Del, #5)
  • Beldan's Fire (The Oran Trilogy #3)
  • Wizard of the Grove (Omnibus: Child of the Grove / The Last Wizard)
  • The Wolf and the Raven (Wodan's Children, #1)
  • Airs Beneath the Moon (Horsemistress Saga, #1)
  • Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2)
  • Dragon and Phoenix (Dragonlord, #2)
  • The Bristling Wood (Deverry, #3)
  • The Shore of Women
  • The Cursed Towers (The Witches of Eileanan, #3)
  • Geomancer (The Well of Echoes, #1)
  • The Sacred Stones (The First Americans, #5)
  • The Feline Wizard (Wizard in Rhyme, #8)
  • The Twelve Kingdoms: The Vast Spread of the Seas (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3)
Mickey Zucker Reichert (pseudonym for Miriam Susan Zucker Reichert) is an American fantasy fiction author of several best selling novels. Perhaps her most famous work is the epic Renshai series, which offers an intriguing perspective on traditional Norse mythology. She is also a parent and paediatrician with a soft spot for critters great and small. She has been known care for a veritable zoo of c...more
More about Mickey Zucker Reichert...
The Legend of Nightfall (Nightfall, #1) The Last of the Renshai (Renshai Trilogy, #1) The Western Wizard (Renshai Trilogy, #2) Child of Thunder (Renshai Trilogy, #3) Beyond Ragnarok (Renshai Chronicles, #1)