Start by marking “Deadly Silence” as Want to Read:
Deadly Silence

Deadly Silence (Jackson Hole #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Lieutenant Matt Sinclaire has always loved fighting fires until the fateful day when the flames came for his family. Arson took his wife and has left him alone with an eight-year-old daughter too traumatized to speakand the ruins of his life are proving difficult to rebuild.

When U.S. Forest Ranger Casey Cantrell is assigned to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, the last thing she expe

Hardcover, Large Print, 411 pages
Published July 20th 2011 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Silence

Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
DNF
I just could not get into this story or the characters.
The transition between character perspectives was rocky and changed from sentence to sentence making it hard to dip into the characters mind and fully connect with them. The writing was overly descriptive with too many comparisons and the same statements often repeated.
I also found the dialogue and relationships unbelievable with numerous characters having PTSD and opening up to each other without actually knowing them for any period of t
Becca
This story is about Casey a new forest ranger who meets a young traumatized girl named Megan. Megan takes an instant likely to Casey and bonds with her in a way no one has seen her do in two years. Megan's mother was murdered and her home was set on fire with her in it she escaped but hasn't spoken a word since, not even to her father Matt. Matt feels guilt for not being there when his wife was murdered and his house set a flame. He doesn't understand who would have done something like this and ...more
Jill

Matt Sinclaire is a firefighter. He knows the dangers of fire and so is consumed with guilt that he wasn't there when his six year-old daughter, Megan was caught in a house fire. His wife was killed, but had been murdered with a one shot kill, the mark of a hitman before the house was set ablaze. His daughter has suffered "hysterical muteness" now for two years after escaping, at least physically.

Casey Cantrell is a new ranger with the National Park service in Jackson Hole. She has her
Uthie
Casey Cantrell datang ke Jackson Hole, Wyoming untuk ditempatkan sebagai polisi penjaga hutan. Ia juga membawa misi pribadi yaitu untuk melupakan trauma akibat dipukuli hingga sekarat oleh lima orang laki-laki dan ditinggal begitu saja di tengah hutan sewaktu ia masih kuliah. Casey tidak pernah menyangka kalau mimpi buruk yang selalu menghantuinya setiap malam merupakan salah satu gejala PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorders) hingga Casey bertemu dengan Matt Sinclaire.

Matt bukanlah seorang pende
Cristin Rydzewski
Not one of my favorites of hers - didn't really like the characters.
Kristina
Did anyone else notice all the inconsistencies? I think I read a few pages more than once to make sure I was reading everything correctly. I honestly was not a fan of this book. There was way too much repetition of the same thing over and over and over. I think we all got the whole PTSD thing but as a reader it seemed everyone in the whole town had it. I dunno maybe it was just me. The story/romance part was ok for me. There was a little action here and there. I guess the best part of the book w ...more
Karielle
Deadly Silence by Lindsay McKenna
Release Date: June 21st, 2011
Publisher: HQN (Harlequin)
Page Count: 378
Source: ARC from Carolyn at Romance Novel News

A FIERY PASSION ABOUT TO IGNITE...

Lieutenant Matt Sinclaire has always loved fighting fires— until the fateful day when the flames came for his family. Arson took his wife and has left him alone with an eight-year-old daughter too traumatized to speak—and the ruins of his life are proving difficult to rebuild.

When U.S. Forest Ranger Casey Cantrell i
Linda
Casey Cantrell was a Forest Ranger in the Teton Mountains outside of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. She had a past that she was having a hard time learning to forget when she met firefighter Matt Sinclaire. Matt and his daughter, Megan, had undergone quite a tragedy in their lives too. In fact, Megan, hadn't spoken a word since her mother had died in a suspicious fire. These three people found each other and they were exactly what the doctor ordered. Great reading.
Stephanie
Casey moves to Jackson Hole to start her life over with a traumatic incident that has changed her life forever. While on her first assignment for work she meets and connects with a little girl, Megan, who has not said a word for 2 years since her own traumatic incident. Matt Megan's father involves Casey in trying to get Megan to speak and sleep again. But little do all three know that something or someone has it out for all of them.

A romantic suspense read that is a lovely story of how a young
Jill Twigg
It was hard for me to get past the senseless killing of animals. I know that there are people out there that are cruel, but I just didn't want to read about it.
Sonia Root
Huge Lindsay McKenna fan, this was a solid read. A tad predictable but still worth your time.

Regards,

Sonia Root, Book Junkie
Kerry  sullivan
How much did I enjoy this book. The story was a slow burn romantic suspense that was well thought out and executed. The relationship between Casey and Matt was believable and Meggie was heart-rending. All three where damaged and in pain and their journey to a happy ending was not only a good read but had the feel good factor with it. I haven't read the first 2 books in this series but I shall be doing as soon as I can. Would I recommend this book... hell yeah!
Gemma
Jun 12, 2012 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I felt the author did too much telling instead of showing. There were a lot of info dumps. The constant point-of-view switches were jarring. I think this author's writing is just not for me.

If I'd had nothing else to read, I'd probably have finished it, but I have way too many books on my TBR shelf to spend time on one that I'm not enjoying. DNF.
Sisilia
It's actually 3.5 stars. I really liked the story, but the ending left me with a bitter taste. Oh it's HEA, but methink it's too sudden, too abrupt. I can't see how a person with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) can change his/her mind that quick, even on medication. But, hey it's just me and my hope for a smooth-cum-logical-ending.
Rhonda W
you know, I hardly ever stop reading a book, but I had to with this one. I was expecting this great mystery and I got a book that had the tone of a teenage novel. This is the first book I have read by this author and I had such high hopes, but I did not care for this at all.
Natalie
Loved this book....it had a few twistes at the end that i hadn't expected,and I loved how the child bonded first,that was nice....and the tragedy of each Matt and Casey as well as his daughter,were the things that seemed to bring them all together.A very good read
Ruby
i think i have found a new favorite author. this lady writes good tasteful romance and adds in some thriller and mystery elements, all in one nice package.
Paige Blood
it was a sad but beautiful book i cant wait to read the other books in this series..
PWRL
Sep 21, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Monica Hall
Monica Hall marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Carly Ann
Carly Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
ClassicMaiden
ClassicMaiden marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
April
April added it
May 06, 2015
  • Midnight Clear (Includes: Morgan's Mercenaries, #18)
  • Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1)
  • My Dangerous Pleasure (My Immortals #4)
  • In Seconds (Bulletproof, #2)
  • All Riled Up
  • Love's Legacy
  • Nowhere to Run: Not Without Risk / A Man to Die For
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • Witness: Defending His Own\Guarding Jeannie
  • Wet in Whispering Cove (Whispering Cove, #2)
  • Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4)
  • Nice & Naughty
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2) (The Precinct #14)
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)
  • Into the Night
I've lived six lives in one and it all shows up in the books I write, one way or another.

I was always a risk taker and broke mustangs at thirteen years old in Oregon. I learn to break them with love, not threat or pain.

At 17 years old, I picked night-crawlers (worms) out in our Oregon orchards from 9pm to midnight, every night. I earned enough money to buy my school clothes and book. I also plunk
More about Lindsay McKenna...

Jackson Hole (10 books)
  • Shadows from the Past (Jackson Hole #1)
  • Deadly Identity (Jackson Hole, #2)
  • The Last Cowboy  (Jackson Hole, #4)
  • The Wrangler  (Jackson Hole, #5)
  • The Defender (Jackson Hole #6)
  • The Loner (Jackson Hole #7)
  • High Country Rebel (Jackson Hole #8)
  • Wolf Haven
  • Night Hawk (Jackson Hole, #10)
The Last Cowboy  (Jackson Hole, #4) Unforgiven (Warriors for the Light #1) The Wrangler  (Jackson Hole, #5) Down Range (Shadow Warriors, #2) The Loner (Jackson Hole #7)