Start by marking “Daisy and the Egg (English–Gujarati)” as Want to Read:
Daisy and the Egg (English–Gujarati)

Daisy and the Egg (Daisy the Duckling)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Daisy's Auntie Buttercup is sitting on four eggs: three of her own and one for Mamma Duck. Daisy is so excited—soon she will have a little brother or sister. But hatching an egg isn't always that easy, as Daisy soon finds out.
Published January 1st 2000 by Milet Publishing (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Daisy and the Egg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daisy and the Egg

Asho
I'm not quite sure what I think about this book. My toddler clearly likes it a lot, has requested it several times since we brought it home from the library, and just generally enjoys looking at the duck illustrations. I like that Daisy loves her baby brother from the very start. The book depicts a devoted, nurturing sibling relationship. So many "new baby" books start out with an upset older sibling, which can be annoying if the big brother/sister wasn't inclined to be jealous in the first plac ...more
Amanda
Feb 21, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: childlitshelf
I chose to read this book because I loved its companion "Come Along Daisy." This book was well written and has colorful illustrations. The book teaches a good lesson on patience. Daisy was patient with her Mamma's egg when it didn't hatch with the rest of them and still sat on it because she knew that it had to hatch sometime. Even after her mom told her that sometimes they just don't hatch, Daisy had faith that it would.
Apr 18, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
This is a cute book about Daisy a duck, who is excited about having a new sibling, but the egg doesn't hatch with her aunt's eggs. She pitches in and helps the egg by sitting on it for a while. The story gets a little dark when her mama is rather callous about "some eggs never hatch," which is true, but a little harsh for a 4 yr old. The book does have a happy ending, and the kids did enjoy it in storytime, they were just worried for a little while.
Rachel
Another cute picture book, with soft painted illustrations, for kids about to become an older brother or sister. Daisy and her mother are awaiting the arrival of Daisy's cousins and her new little brother or sister. Her cousins hatch first and eventually Daisy gets a new baby brother named Pip. Recommended for ages 6 months - 5 years, 3 stars.
Robyn Simmons
Nov 26, 2008 Robyn Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: primary readers
Shelves: picture-books
I love Daisy stories. There is a series that follows the life adventures of a young duckling named Daisy. This story tells about how she and her mother welcome a new little brother to the family. This book really highlights Daisy's character. It encourages you to read the other companion books.
E
Listen, folks. If you want levels of cuteness that will make your head explode AND cure cancer, this is your book. Oh my lord, I want to pet Daisy and kiss her tiny little head and carry her with me everywhere I go, forever and ever and ever.
Dolly
Jun 20, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2011
This is a cute story about a duck who helps her Mom and Aunt hatch some eggs. Patience and persistence are rewarded when one egg is left unhatched. It's a sweet story with adorbable illustrations. We enjoyed reading this story together.
Cindy
Aug 16, 2011 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, childrens
A little too childish for my girls. They kind of just glanced over it, I could see this really working for a mom who is pregnant and trying to reinforce the idea of a baby brother or sister.
Jackie
Daisy the duck eagerly awaits for his new brother or sister to hatch...wating is so hard!

Used for "Feathered Friends" Storytime-October, 2009.
Literary  Chanteuse
Apr 13, 2012 Literary Chanteuse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Review by the Kinder Critic: I liked this story a lot. It was cute and the illustration looked beautiful.
Amanda
Apr 19, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those expecting another baby
Recommended to Amanda by: Megumi Minetti
Very cute and an excellent book I would say for those expecting another baby.
Inspired Kathy
Aug 31, 2008 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
My children enjoy the Daisy books. Quick read alouds I don't mind rereading.
Jamie K
Apr 12, 2010 Jamie K rated it really liked it
Daisy and the Egg by Jane Simmons (1999)
Danica Midlil
"Some eggs just don't hatch."
Colleen
Dec 16, 2010 Colleen added it
Shelves: 1st-grade
Wings and Things unit
Katie
Katie added it
Jun 24, 2016
Melanie Mclaughlin
Melanie Mclaughlin marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Pinky
Pinky is currently reading it
May 23, 2016
Rachael Ruelas
Rachael Ruelas marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Taylor Lawson
Taylor Lawson marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Purvi
Purvi marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
D. Field
D. Field rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jane has tried her hand at landscape gardening, futon making, teaching basket weaving and soft toy making but only truly loves writing and illustrating children's books. Jane shot to fame with the success of her DAISY picture books, all about an irresistible little duck with big feet. More success followed with EBB AND FLO, whose characters were brought to life on television. Jane, her partner, an ...more
More about Jane Simmons...

Daisy the Duckling (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Quack, Daisy, Quack!
  • Come Along, Daisy!
  • Daisy and the Beastie
  • Daisy Says Coo!
  • Go to Sleep, Daisy
  • Daisy's Favorite Things
  • Daisy's Day Out
  • Daisy And The Moon
  • Daisy Says "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush"
  • Daisy to the Rescue