Start by marking “I Love You, Asshole! (Green's Hill, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Asshole! (Green's Hill, #2)

I Love You, Asshole! (Green's Hill #2)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  389 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Once upon a time, he had a last name and a pulse—and he was straight. But Marcus Desarno meets his demise in an explosion of broken glass and twisted metal, and when he wakes up, he’s a blood-sucking, sexually ambiguous, card-carrying member of Green’s Hill, the northern California refuge for the fey, the terminally furry, and the undead. It’s a tough transition, but gentl ...more
Published May 18th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Asshole!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Asshole!

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneRebirth by Jordan Castillo PriceVertigo by Jordan Castillo PriceSnare by Jordan Castillo PriceDeceptions by Jourdan Lane
M/M Vampire Recommendations
60th out of 65 books — 34 voters
Love & Loyalty by Tere MichaelsThe Ghost on My Couch by L.A. GilbertIcecapade by Josh LanyonHainted by Jordan L. HawkMind Magic by Poppy Dennison
M/M Romance With (Mostly) Blue Covers
173rd out of 261 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
Mary
Nichole (Dirty H)
Jun 15, 2011 Nichole (Dirty H) marked it as abandoned
I should have known better than to pick up this book:

1. I have already tried and failed to enjoy Lane's Little Goddess series and had decided long ago not to try any of her m/m stuff set in that same universe, and
2. I typically don't like vampires or werewolves in m/m fiction. Why I like it in het fiction but not m/m, I don't know, but it almost never does anything for me.

This time I was drawn in by the title. I just couldn't help myself, but halfway through the book and I just didn't care about
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
I couldn't resist the title.I Love You, Asshole! it spells hero as a jerk and the cover is so erotic I just had to plunge into it.As promised the story didn't disappoint me.It was a fast paced story with lovable MC and some really nice side characters.
I was swooning over the story,sexy vampires having sex and then fighting like bitches...

But let me assure you the sex scenes were not dragged pages after pages like some author do and scenes between two heroes were filled with passion and downrig
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
(view spoiler)
Grammy 1
Do not “judge a book by its cover“ or in this case “ by its name.“ We who have been reviewing Amy Lane and her Greenshill stories for years, all those followers know what I mean when I say “This is one terrific view of what was happening in the lives of two popular residents in Our Little Goddess Series” Bravo !

I just love when I get the scoop to fill readers in on a background story of a book I am reviewing. So, we who keep up with Amy Lanes Little Goddess Series were asked by Amy to nominate m
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Let me start off by saying that if you are interested in reading The Little Goddess series, do not read this first! There are way too many spoilers!

That being said, I really enjoyed reading about how Marcus and Phillip got together. It was very interesting and of course, I had no clue....TWENTY years??? Amazing! I guess some communication would've helped!

I really liked it around the halfway mark ~ mainly because that's when more characters from The Little Goddess series started coming in...esp
Damon Suede
A strange, lush book that blends comic fancy and serious angst. It MUST be read as part of the Little Goddess series to land fully, but I enjoyed it quite a lot...

Full review posted on jessewave. :)

A strangely philosophical book that focuses on emptiness and the idea of CRUSHES as something active and dangerous.

The central relationship between Marcus and Phillip is enchanting and the sex smokes, but a lot of sideline incident (from other, earlier book) muddies the water at points with minimal e
Carole-Ann
Oh, it was so nice to learn of Marcus's background and how he came to Green's Hill; and how he met Phillip...........

Because there are so many characters from the Little Goddess books, anyone reading this without having read the 4 LG books previously, might get befuddled by the references to people and events (eg:I was in tears again for the night Adrian died, even though this was seen through Marcus's eyes).

But the dialogue between Marcus and Phillip was great: it made me want to laugh; or sigh
Mary
This story was at turns frustrating as well as bittersweet. Marcus is the 'nice guy' not willing to push Phillip after realizing his feelings; and Phillip is trying to understand his relationship with Marcus and going about it in a way that seems to do more harm than good.

Usually I feel a little daunted by polyamorous relationships or orgies in the stories I read, yet the one in this story made me think of how puppies/kittens pile together. I saw it as their way of trying to cope with their imme
Penny
I usually love Amy Lane's books. I'll admit I haven't read them all, but I found this to be not my cup of tea. I liked the beginning and ending, but was lost in the middle. 2.75 Stars
Dee Wy
3.25 stars. An interesting visit to Green's Hill as two newly made vampires spend more than twenty years of miscommunication before they finally get their act together. A little frustrating.
Tonileg
Fantasy vampire M/M unrequited romance with some gay-for-you ambiguity because becoming undead can change your personality more then a little bit.
Marcus Desarno becomes just 'Marcus' after dying suddenly in an accident and is forced to become a vampire and about ten years into his new dead life, he meets and is forced to make Phillip into one as well or let him die in a sudden avalanche (long story which is putting me off skiing this winter!).
Marcus lives with lots of shifters, fey and vampires
ManOhMan
Elisa Rolle
I’m not sure I completely understood this two “gay for you” approach of the plot, but for sure it was something I have never read before. When Marcus is turned into a vampire, he is straight and with a girlfriend he loves, he has never once desired men and he was completely satisfied with his love and sex life. But a newly made vampire is dangerous, and it’s custom to have them interact only with same-sex supernatural creatures, so that they can be as forceful as they want without causing damage ...more
Adara
For those who haven't read any of the main Little Goddess stories, there are going to be spoilers for them in this one in the form of references of when these characters (Marcus and Philip) were in them doing various things, so be fairly warned. (I knew some major bits already, but there were new details from here that I didn't know or were explained more thoroughly than I expected.)

That said, I really liked this one. I don't remember much currently about Litha's Constant Whim, the only other Gr
Jen
This was a quick and fluffy read. Had the obvious Happy Ever After at the end. I really wish there was more depth to it. I would like to have experienced more than just the relationship part. For example, when they go out and recruit, or when they go out to protect and such. Those things are totally glossed over and you're left with just the fluff. Maybe the other books in the series are more in-depth? This is the first one I read because I'm a sucker for the GFY titles.

It's predominantly a MM
Blue GhostGhost
Somewhere between 3 and 4 stars for me. The world was a little goofy but I got into it and there were some fantastic female side characters.
Christy Loves 2 Read
I adore the story of Marcus and Phillip. They were so wonderful in the glimpses I saw in the first two books and it was great to read their story.

For some odd reason it's Phillip that I really fall for here. I mean you can't help but love Marcus. He's perfect. Or, almost perfect. Phillip is so very, very lost in emotional arenas that its like watching a little child try to understand calculus. Perhaps it's the very small glimpses of shyness and vulnerability that does it.

Regardless, I'm so happy
Kira

After I finally read Bewitched by Bella's Brother, I immediately picked this up next.

Well, since I'm one of those people who love their OWN kind of vampires, I can't give this five stars. Also, the way the whole huge conflict was resolved wasn't amazing, just very good. So, four stars it is.

I loved the characters, and the story made me cry multiple times, despite being so short. So yeah, thanks again Amy, for making me weep in all the good ways.

If you like vampires and shifters, this is defini
Gyn
So I love Amy Lane!! I really wanted to give this a 4 but I had some issues. First off, it was short and as such had the usual problems...time skipping, lack of character/world development, etc. But my bigger issue was with the world itself. She creates a very very unique world with fey, shifters, vampires, trolls, sorcerors, etc but it's SO unique that I didn't quite get it and in quite a few spots found myself thinking "Huh??" With that said it's still a great read! Lane is so very good at gri ...more
Moniqee
Sorry, this is one ebook I dont enjoy and I dont mind the dark side of a relationship. I believe Amy Lane tries to recreate the same scenerio/magic of Litha's Constant Whim ( which I enjoy a lot and I dont even read the main story ) to this story. However, it backfires. In Litha's Constant Whim, both characters are just so endearing unlike here I dont have the same love and respect to the vampires and the way the story write up for this couple, I can't help thinking that she writes just for the ...more
Tj
I think if I had read the rest of the series this would have been more enjoyable. As a short it has lots of summarized details from the rest of the series which makes the actual story between the two MCs shorter. I wish there had been a little more detail and insight into Phillip. Most of the story I disliked him because he put off such a "party-boy" atmosphere that it was hard to find why Marcus loved him. Still it was a good read even as a lone book. I hope to improve the rating if I read the ...more
Wendy Ann
I really enjoyed this second little trip into Green’s Hill and very interesting world. For those who have an aversion to it in their m/m books, there’s a healthy dose of sex with other partners (including those with girlie bits), but this was a key element to the story – the very long and scenic route to their (Marcus’ and Phillip’s) one-on-one relationship (there was also some heartbreak along the way).
Jess Candela
So far I'm finding I don't get as into her Green's Hill books. The writing style seems very different (with lots of parenthetical asides, many of which I find unnecessary, awkward, or both). I still get engrossed because hey, it's Amy Lane. But unlike her other books, I don't find them as difficult to put down. And once down, I lack the burning drive to pick them back up again.
Katie
I'd say this is more of a 3.5 for me. I think the problem with all of these Green's Hill stories is that they're separated into like, 5 different series! So, in order to fully appreciate any of them, you've really got to read all of them. That's sort of frustrating. Nevertheless, I did enjoy this book. :)

ETA: I also think that cover is extremely unattractive...
Cindyg
Man, any and every morsel I can get my paws on when it comes Green's Hill never disappoints. This was Marcus and Phillips' story and it was a winner. It goes back far enough that Adrian is around and we see what it was like through their eyes when Cory came to the hill.
Awesome, passion and toe curling read.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
Vanyel Kane
Loved it, and disliked it a little at the same time. I love this author and this story was fun but I hate the particular ending to the dilemma in their relationship. Love the characters though and it was a fun read but I seriously may have to do damage to one of the characters if he was in front of me.
Lily
Nice story although I wanted to really smack both of the protags. I can't believe it takes them so long to get things right. This is the third book I've read in the series (all out of order) but I'm not sure if I'll read any more. Think I'll stick with her contemporary m/m books.
Noughty
I think it was too short for all what it wanted to say. So many things said in just a line, paragraphs. 20 years demands more pages. Also got confused about the 100 years mentioned. So how long was it?... Maybe I missed something since I finished this after a long break
  • Nights In Canaan
  • Honored Vow (Change of Heart, #3)
  • In Darkness Bound (The Society #1)
  • Dance in the Dark (Dance with the Devil, #2)
  • Alliance in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #1)
  • I, Omega
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Hero
  • Busted
  • Cruel to be Kind
  • Secrets
  • Boots
  • Crimson Moon (Neo's Realm, #3)
  • Stealing the Wind (Mermen of Ea, #1)
  • Man of the Match
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • Silver/Steel (Arcada #4)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
151973
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more
More about Amy Lane...
Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1) The Locker Room Talker (Talker, #1) Clear Water Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)