Start by marking “Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)” as Want to Read:
Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)

Twisted (Pretty Little Liars #9)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  22,385 ratings  ·  1,034 reviews
It's been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis's disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily are older, but they're not any wiser. The pretty little liars have more secrets than ever--twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they've worked so hard to rebuild. ...more
Published July 5th 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers

Hunger For Knowledge
Buddy read with Jessica. Our Liarthon is continuing with the ninth installment in the Pretty Little Liars series.

My initial opinion is that the series should of have ended with the eight installment. It was a good, although predictable, ending to the whole shenanigans and I would have been more than happy with it. However, at this point in the series I have completely given up my wants and needs from this series and decided to just buckle-up and enjoy the ride as long as it last.

Which is total
Another one? Okay then. I will read it, because i am such a fan and i love the series, but really? It was a perfect ending to the series. Left us wondering, but still closed the mystery of Ali's death. Gah. Here is a summary of the new book that i found on Tumblr:

"It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser.
This book was not necessary. It had ended in "Wanted" and sealed the series well enough. I honestly think Shepard wrote this because of the TV show's success. ABC Family probably needed another season hence the book. I'll still read the next one but it's just getting old.
*Message to Sara Shepard:
“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
This series is so archetypical it's not even funny at this point.

Okay, finally finished. I'm kind of sick of these books now. It just seems that everything is repeating itself. Some plots in the book just seemed too...ridiculous or convenient.Hopefully, Sara Shepard changes it up a bit in Ruthless, the next book.

BEFORE READING: Wanted ended off as a final salute to the pretty little liars that we all couldn't get enough of.
The series was pretty dang addicting, though i'm not very sure about this new 4-book addition.
Basically, the Pretty Little Liars show di
Why am I going to do this to myself AGAIN???

It's like watching a train wreck in slow-motion. You know it's going to crash and burn in a dragged-out way, but you just can't turn away.

I hate you Shepard.

**Update** Spoilers Alert**

Shepard never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think a series can't be butchered to pieces anymore, Twisted comes along. Take the same stupid storyline, add a couple of new characters, and voila, Shepard has an excuse to drag out this series for another 8 books (yep, t
Geraldine O'Hagan
Kate ♡
Twisted by Sara Shepard
book 9 in the Pretty Little Liars series

Actual Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
This book takes place a year after the last one, and throughout the entirety of this book we are getting hints as to what happened in Jamaica.
I found myself enjoying Emily's storyline a lot in this book, which is different for me because she's usually my least favourite, and I did not see that particular thing coming!! Gosh, way to throw that in there randomly Ms. Shepard... hahaha

I really enjoyed this inst
Markie Price
loved it! so excited for the next book!
I really don't care what anyone says; I unabashedly love this series. I eagerly await every installment and devour the things within hours. Sara Shepard is one of the best (if not the best) YA author I've ever had the pleasure of reading, and she creates some of the most twisted and engaging plots I've ever seen.

I'll be honest, when I first discovered Twisted was actually going to be a novel (I'm pretty sure that Wanted was definitely supposed to be the last in the series), I felt feelings of bo
This series keeps getting better every time. Of course I loved this book. I can't wait to read the next one :)
xXRossiya AruXx
Wow. This book really just grabbed the series and shook it up. I am impressed, and eagerly waiting the next book 'Ruthless'.
In this book, Hanna, Aria, Emily, and Spencer went on vacation to Jamaica. They came home, and don't talk. Why? They did something awful. Something as bad as The Jenna Thing- even worse.
But they continue to live their lives, thinking Ali is dead and A is gone.
Hanna helps her father in his political career to become the Senator, while trying to fulfill her own goals of being
Ash Lovegood
Another one?? Oh, Sara Shepard, you love to shock us don't you? Well, bring on 'Twisted', because I'll keep reading 'em as long as you keep writing 'em!

To be honest, I was sad with the way the series 'ended'. I'm one of those people who has to know what happens exactly. I hate endings where it could go either way, and to me it seems like the author is cheating. (I know, I know. That's just my opinion. I still love Sara Shepard, she's amazing.)

So the idea of 'Twisted' is very exciting. I can't wa
What the HELL? Why is there going to be another book?

As you can see from my initial reaction back in December when this book was announced, I was pissed. The 8th Liars book ended PERFECTLY. Yes it was a little open-ended, but it was a great ending. (Not to mention that it said all over that book "this is the final book!") I was so annoyed they were going to make not just one, but 4 more books out of this series. Someone got a little greedy from the success of the TV show I guess!

Despite a
Guillem Plà Quiles
What a comeback, Mrs. Shepard... Ninth installment of the Pretty Little Liars book series and... WHOA. Did I think it would be good? Yeah, of course. Was it better than I expected? DUH. YEAH. Secrets are darker, lies are dirtier and the girls are more and more psychotic every page. This is a wonderful way to reboot the series and exploit the still juicy questions we're still missing an answer for.

I'm kind of obsessed.
Maya ❤
wow. that was intense. but, after 9 books of drama and murder, I think I'm going to take a break from this series for a while.
Jul 25, 2014 Hayden rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the previous books

Okay, I can't exactly say I'm not enthralled the Pretty Little Liars series was expanded, but at the same time, I can't say I'm all that thrilled about it, either. This go-round of the Pretty Little Liars series is a lot different than the first eight books -- I can't exactly figure out why, but it seems really different. Like all the other Pretty Little Liars books, the ending is extremely thrilling and not exactly satisfying, and like all the other Pretty Little Liars books, the characters hav
As usual, I love another book in this series. I love the never-ending suspense, the countless secrets, the juicy scandals, the deep messages portrayed, the theories that arise, and the mystery that keeps me guessing and guessing more in each book. Although, I think I enjoyed this one a little less than the previous ones. I figure I'm just a bit exhausted from reading this series and the fact that it feels like it's dragging on and on. Apparently, there's going to be another arc in this series. A ...more
Nikita Morris
*3.5 stars*
Twisted was better then I expected, which considering what I wrote before I read it is a good thing.

Even though some parts are too damn predictable I love this series. I also love Sara Shepard and how she turns me into a lunatic wondering why her brain is so screwy.
I picture her as a giant and reaching down from the sky (or looking in a bubbling cauldron) and just stirring up trouble until everything is upside down and crazy.
( P.S. I hate Klaudia with a passion, cause her personalit
When I heard about this extension to the series, I expressed my concern and had the immediate issue that Shepard was just out to earn more by milking the story for all it's worth. I was unsure how Shepard was going to continue on a story that seemed completely finished in "Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)", but the mystery goes on. I also was interested in what she was going to do since the "Pretty Little Liars TV show" is very different, but she sticks to the book plotline, and I was very happy ...more
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Ali may have started the fire, but did she die in it? What happened to the girls in Jamaica? And what happened to Emily last summer?

This was an okay story, but I really wasn’t sure about certain plot-points.

This book surprised me a bit because I thought Ali was behind us now, but for some reason she was still playing a huge part in the girls lives, which considering she’d been absent for over a year was a little strange. When the girls once again started recei
So is the title of this book Twisted or Every-stereotypical-girl-story? Is this even a book, or is it a piece of perfectly usable paper that was wasted for this...this...flush-it-down-the-toilet-burn-it-on-a-cross-spit-on-it-put-it-in-a-food-processor thing of blasphemy to the entire World of Literature?

Honestly, this crap doesn't measure up at all with the others. What, eight books didn't wrap the story up enough?

Oh, they did something terrible in Jamaica, and now, they can't be in the same roo
Nicole *`((O_O))`*
This book....this book.... *no words come out my mouth*

But... COMEON! I just start to like new two characters; ZACH and CHLOE but things are not great with Emily and Spencer! UGH!

BUT! I am very curious about whats happened to girls in Jamaica!!!

Now I have to get next book at Library... oh wait...Library is closed! UGH!!!!
I wish I never started pretty little liars. Glad I finally stopped. It's a horrible series all the characters are flat and the plot is stupid
Jan 12, 2011 Alexis marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have been a big fan of the Pretty Little Liars series ever since I read the first book way back when, but after the eighth book, I was left feeling a bit disappointed. Therefore, when I heard that Sara Shepard would be continuing the series with four new books, I have to admit that while I was excited (I mean, who wouldn’t want new books in one of their favorite series?), I was also worried that the new books would follow the same path of the eight. However, Twisted did more than just live up ...more
I loved this book! Despite what others have thought (that Sara just continued the series to make money) I think this series was much needed- and wanted! I know personally that "Wanted" just did not seem like the end to me. There was much more that needed to be solved. Even it was truly the end to the real Ali and the mystery had been unsolved, there were so many other clues that Sara had left in the books but never really done much with. Although in this book things took a strange beginning (Wil ...more
A Million More Pages: 9 - Twisted (PLL): Jul 15 3 8 May 12, 2015 01:42PM
PPL 1 5 Mar 26, 2015 12:51PM
YA lovers <3: Twisted 1 3 Jul 07, 2014 11:39PM
2nd Period Langua...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Madeleine Book 1 5 9 Feb 20, 2014 07:17PM
*SPOILERS* Emily!!! So shocked!!! 3 26 Aug 04, 2013 10:24PM
Somebody help me out, i'm confused. 5 40 Jul 28, 2013 06:46AM
Crazy for Young A...: Twisted (Pretty Little Liars #9) → Start Date: April 14th, 2013 43 22 Apr 15, 2013 09:15AM
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • Belle of the Brawl (Alphas, #3)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)

“The best secrets are the most twisted” 214 likes
“But then Klaudia's lips curled ino a conniving smile."Actually, Aria, I'm going to fuck your boyfriend. Tonight."
Aria started at her. It felt like Klaudia had just punched her in the throat. "Excuse me?"
Klaudia scooted closer to Aria. "I'm going to fuck your boyfried," she said again -in textbook-perfect English. "Tonight. And there's nothing you can do about it.”