Start by marking “Shadow of the Sheikh” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Sheikh

Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Fierce, sensual predator...or a sacrifice on the altar of love? Sheikh Shahin is an immortal shape-shifter who serves a powerful Egyptian god, and no human has dared approach his hidden oasis for nearly a century. That is until Gemma comes looking for her missing sister. And in doing so walks straight into Shahin's carefully laid trap...Yet Shahin does not want Gemma as hi ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 363 pages
Published 2011 by Mills & Boon (first published October 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Sheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Sheikh

Lynsey A
I was a bit disappointed in this story after liking the first one so well. For some reason I did not connect to the hero or heroine. I didn't warm up to them at all. What really clinched it for me was the scene (view spoiler) ...more
Yejoon Kim
Jul 27, 2013 Yejoon Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book when I was wandering around a second-hand book shop. At first, I thought this is a stand-alone book. Then I began reading and found out that it was actually a trilogy.

Since I don't know where to buy the first book, I decided to just read it anyway.

I thought that reading the book without any knowledge about the first story will just confuse me, but I was wrong. I caught up with the story easily, so it was the first thing that made me like the book. The other was that it was writ
Alice Janell
Dec 07, 2010 Alice Janell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
I received this as an eARC back in September. I breezed through it pretty easily, and it wasn't until the very, very end that I realized I was reading a book that was part of a series.

"Shadow of the Sheikh" is book two of Nina Bruhns "Immortal Sheikhs" series. Though, honestly, you can definitely read "Shadow of the Sheikh" without reading the first book.

Be prepared for a bit of a let down, however. While you may not need to read book one, you'll definitely want to read book three -- "Shadow of
Nina Bruhns
Jul 11, 2010 Nina Bruhns rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Immortal Sheikhs, book 2

Sheikh Shahin Aswadi—the harbinger of death, a ghostly figure who rides the wind in the form of a powerful black hawk. No mortal has dared approach his hidden oasis encampment for nearly a century. They are all terrified by the ruthless legend of al Shahin.

All but intrepid anthropologist Gemma Haliday. Determined to find her missing sister, Gemma has foolishly disregarded the dire warnings of local villagers…and walks straight into a trap Shahin has laid for her.

He ta
Sandra
Sep 15, 2011 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf, own, mills-boon
Middle book of the trilogy and it was a much better read than the first one.

We still have lots of Egyptology, ancient Gods, shapeshifting and a hungry vampire and our H/h this time Sheikh Shahin Aswadi, Leader of the Death Warriors and Gemma Halliday.

This book pays tribute to E.M. Hull The Sheik, which was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager.

If a war is to be averted between Light and Dark, Night and Day, then it is up to the Halliday sisters to prevail.

Ruthann Barrett
Sep 30, 2014 Ruthann Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Too bad there isn't another one following the story.
Stacie
Dec 17, 2010 Stacie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of the Immortal Sheikhs series of three sisters who meet shapeshifters in the Egyptian desert. While search for her lost sister, she meets Sheikh Shahin Aswadi who has the legend of being able to turn into a Black Hawk. Once she walks into his world, he keeps her and she can not go back. She does not realize that she is walking into a trap. Shahin thinks that he will just be with her until he tires of her. But then finds that he does not ever want to be without her.
Deanna
Dec 28, 2010 Deanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found the story quite confusing. I think it would have helped if I had read the first instalment of the Immortal Sheikhs series. Perhaps then I would have better understood what was happening. I also don't think that the idea of immortal Egyptian royalty who are vampires that must feed on a mortal's blood once a year was believable for me. I guess I shouldn't read these kind of stories but I did give it a chance.
May 27, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this trilogy out of order, starting with book 2 and working through book 3 (and have yet to read book 1).

Bruhns marries her love for Egypt and hieroglyphics with desert vampires and shape shifters, and viola! The Desert Trilogy that so far carries through with a 2.5 rating (unless book 1 changes that).
Angarad
Mar 30, 2013 Angarad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My God, Shahin is way sexier than Rhys :)
I thought I was readying some kind of Romeo and Juliet adaptation which only leaves you wanting to lonw how it all ends
However I have to say I thought this was way too short and hoing too quickly.
Athena Braun
Slightly better than Lord of the desert..Things were explained more..To tell you the truth though nothing much happens..A ghost army yawn..I love reading about Egyptian romance and Sheikhs but this was Lukewarm at best..
Shannon Ann Bliesner
This was actually the book that introduced me to the trilogy, and is my absolute favorite! love the characters and how the story plays out
Michelle Berry
Jun 04, 2014 Michelle Berry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Very silly, but entertaining.
Glynda Roy
Jun 26, 2011 Glynda Roy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this series. Start with first book Lord of the Desert, then this one, and last Vampire Sheikh. Very Good.
Marina
I give this 3 1/2 stars. It was good. The characters are great, nice storyline, overall nice romance.
Kiru Taye
Oct 16, 2012 Kiru Taye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Will be checking out the other stories in the series.
April
Dec 12, 2010 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really good, really leaves you hanging for bk 3
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Immortal Sheikhs
Krizza Catayas
Krizza Catayas marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Jessica Carbaugh
Jessica Carbaugh marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Jodyrae Campbell
Jodyrae Campbell rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Samantha Hammett
Samantha Hammett rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Hepzi
Hepzi marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Fatima Flor
Fatima Flor marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Krissy Austin
Krissy Austin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Viola Prins
Viola Prins marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Marquise Bryan
Marquise Bryan marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Julieann Coleman
Julieann Coleman marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jun 30, 2016
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • The Truth about Vampires / Salvation of the Damned
  • The Guardian (Nightwalkers #1)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • The Shifters (The Keepers Trilogy #2)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
  • Incubus
  • Zombie Moon
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Valorian Chronicles #5)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
New York Times and USA Today best selling author Nina Bruhns is an avid world traveler and adventurer with two graduate degrees in archaeology -- all great fodder for her stories, giving them broad dimension, vivid settings and characters that are out of the ordinary. In addition to hitting both the NY Times and USA Today bestseller lists, her novels have earned two RITA nominations, and won numer ...more
More about Nina Bruhns...

Immortal Sheikhs (3 books)
  • Lord of the Desert (Immortal Sheiks #1)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)