Start by marking “Branded” as Want to Read:
Branded

Branded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Responding to a 911 call, Whitehorse Deputy Halley Robinson is stunned to find herself face-to-face with her teenage crush, Colton Chisholm. The schoolboy who had teased her is now a strong and sexy man--and he's on a mission to solve a case! But if he plans on unmasking a killer, he's going to need her help.
Colton can no longer run from the truth...someone in his small t
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Branded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branded

Mombo
Branded was a terrific book in itself but it's hard not to draw comparisons to Gun-Shy Bride (Whitehorse, Montana: Winchester Ranch #1), the Whitehorse series opener from BJD in 2010.

The big two comparisons that stick out at you are: we have the heroine who is in law-enforcement and we have a family with a ton of buried secrets. Literally, buried secrets as in past girlfriends and wives who've met horrible, unexplained demises.

As for the romance, that was new. Colton's love for Jessica and disli
Patricia Atkinson
The story of colton and his girlfriend who disappeared 14 years ago.He gets a letter that was lost for 14 years to discover that she was murdered the night she was going to run away.Coltons father hoyt comes home with a new wife emma and changes all their lives.A really interesting book 1st in a 5 book series.
Lorelei Frank
Jun 06, 2014 Lorelei Frank marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I love western themed stories and I loved this one. Liked the surprise ending, didn't see that coming. I can't wait for the next book to the series!
Cathy
Well, Daniels is still writing about the town of Whitehorse. I think I missed the last 2 of the "Winchester Ranch" series. This is the first (there are 6 brothers so I assume 6 stories) of the Chisholm Cattle Company - also based in the town. Unless they were mentioned in the 2 Winchester books I missed this family was never mentioned in previous Whitehorse books. Again, killers abound in the town. The new deputy and the Chisholm son team up to catch his old girlfriend's murderer (14 years later ...more
Polly
Murder on the range committed 14 years ago. A Deputy with a secret love who solves it.
A great mystery.
Kristina
I loved this book. It's was good beginning to end and it left you wanting more. I cannot wait to read the next BJ Daniels book!!
Tara (box5angel)
May 16, 2011 Tara (box5angel) rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance and mystery/thriller fans - but be prepared for the side story
Recommended to Tara (box5angel) by: no one
I really wanted to like this story. But there was just too much going on. I know mystery/thrillers have multiple point of views but it's stll a romance and it seemed like the author chose that over the interacton between the hero/heroine. There was a lot of focus on a second couple and the mystery that the female of the couple was trying to figure out. I wish there was more focus on the lead hero/heroine because it just seemed forced when they got together. They did share a past though but I don ...more
Ishabelle *Sultry Steamy Reading*
I liked that this book had enough suspense and intrigue as well as interesting characters to make you want to read the succeeding books in the series.

A lot was happening in such a short novel. Would have liked to have a few more pages which would have given the book a clearer character build-up, imagery, and mystery. However, it turned out great, anyway, so I'm not really complaining.

This is the first 5 Stars that I gave to a B. J. Daniels book. Hopefully, the other books I have yet to read won'
Debbie Heaton
Whitehorse Deputy Halley Robinson responds to a 911 call and unexpectantly finds herself face-to-face with her teenage crush, Colton Chisholm. This strong, sexy man was once the schoolboy who teased her with frogs. But now he's on a mission to solve a case--the murder of someone from his past. The girl he once teased is now a woman he must resist if they are to work together to solve this mystery. Fast-paced, action packed, I couldn't put it down.
Brianne
I really liked the double mystery, one of which I think is going to continue over the arc of the 6 books. I would have liked a little more to the romance part, it seemed they relied a little too much on the fact that they knew each other back in grade school, but I wasn't surprised as I find that often in the Intrigues. The mystery was satisfying, so that made me happy! :) i was guessing til the end.
Shannon Renee
3.5 really. This is book one in this series. Which I did not read first, and I hate. However, it was a really strong starter, (I've read 2 of the later books with out figuring out they were a series until I found this one) Colton is ok, Love Emma, and Hallie is fine. Good, strong way to start a series!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Company
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Compnay
Donna
Good book. Could not put it down.
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Norma Tittel
Norma Tittel is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2015
Jean Sykora
Jean Sykora marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Kathy Arel
Kathy Arel marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Felicia Crase
Felicia Crase marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Sari Koskinen
Sari Koskinen marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Mirka
Mirka added it
Mar 31, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Maryanne Tran
Maryanne Tran marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Taz P.
Taz P. marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Tiffany Clark
Tiffany Clark marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • The Lost Girls of Johnson's Bayou
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2) (The Precinct #18)
  • Broken (Colby Agency, #45)
  • Finding Her Son
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...

Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. (6 books)
  • Lassoed
  • Rustled (Harlequin Intrigue)
  • Stampeded
  • Corralled
  • Wrangled
Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1) The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2) Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2) Unforgiven (Beartooth, Montana, #1) Atonement (Beartooth, Montana, #4)