Start by marking “Branded” as Want to Read:

Branded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. #1)

Responding to a 911 call, Whitehorse Deputy Halley Robinson is stunned to find herself face-to-face with her teenage crush, Colton Chisholm. The schoolboy who had teased her is now a strong and sexy man--and he's on a mission to solve a case! But if he plans on unmasking a killer, he's going to need her help.
Colton can no longer run from the truth...someone in his small t
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Branded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branded

3 Stars
Thought I'd dig into some old paperbacks I have. lol
This was an ok read but it felt like the romance was on the back burner:( Not sure I want to continue with the other brothers.
Lili Marcus
Ahm. Ahm.. This one's okay but there's just too many things going..This supposed to be Romance..
the suspense and solving-crime thing is okay but why?
I only read Harlequin when I want a good Romance but B.J. Daniels is more focused on solving crimes than Love..
I can't blame her if it's her way of writing. But still....:(

Aug 25, 2012 Brianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the double mystery, one of which I think is going to continue over the arc of the 6 books. I would have liked a little more to the romance part, it seemed they relied a little too much on the fact that they knew each other back in grade school, but I wasn't surprised as I find that often in the Intrigues. The mystery was satisfying, so that made me happy! :) i was guessing til the end.
Debbie Heaton
May 01, 2011 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whitehorse Deputy Halley Robinson responds to a 911 call and unexpectantly finds herself face-to-face with her teenage crush, Colton Chisholm. This strong, sexy man was once the schoolboy who teased her with frogs. But now he's on a mission to solve a case--the murder of someone from his past. The girl he once teased is now a woman he must resist if they are to work together to solve this mystery. Fast-paced, action packed, I couldn't put it down.
Patricia Atkinson
The story of colton and his girlfriend who disappeared 14 years ago.He gets a letter that was lost for 14 years to discover that she was murdered the night she was going to run away.Coltons father hoyt comes home with a new wife emma and changes all their lives.A really interesting book 1st in a 5 book series.
Could not finish. Just a really "icky" book, about the hero being a total fool for an habitual lying- slutty "B", whose body is found 14 years after she supposedly left town, at their secret meeting place, that he is led to return there, after a 14 year old letter from her to him is supposedly found in the PO.
Pretty much all are detestable characters including both of her parents and his father!
Branded was a terrific book in itself but it's hard not to draw comparisons to Gun-Shy Bride (Whitehorse, Montana: Winchester Ranch #1), the Whitehorse series opener from BJD in 2010.

The big two comparisons that stick out at you are: we have the heroine who is in law-enforcement and we have a family with a ton of buried secrets. Literally, buried secrets as in past girlfriends and wives who've met horrible, unexplained demises.

As for the romance, that was new. Colton's love for Jessica and disli
May 03, 2011 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, Daniels is still writing about the town of Whitehorse. I think I missed the last 2 of the "Winchester Ranch" series. This is the first (there are 6 brothers so I assume 6 stories) of the Chisholm Cattle Company - also based in the town. Unless they were mentioned in the 2 Winchester books I missed this family was never mentioned in previous Whitehorse books. Again, killers abound in the town. The new deputy and the Chisholm son team up to catch his old girlfriend's murderer (14 years later ...more
Sultry Steamy Reading
I liked that this book had enough suspense and intrigue as well as interesting characters to make you want to read the succeeding books in the series.

A lot was happening in such a short novel. Would have liked to have a few more pages which would have given the book a clearer character build-up, imagery, and mystery. However, it turned out great, anyway, so I'm not really complaining.

This is the first 5 Stars that I gave to a B. J. Daniels book. Hopefully, the other books I have yet to read won'
Tara (box5angel)
May 16, 2011 Tara (box5angel) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance and mystery/thriller fans - but be prepared for the side story
Recommended to Tara (box5angel) by: no one
I really wanted to like this story. But there was just too much going on. I know mystery/thrillers have multiple point of views but it's stll a romance and it seemed like the author chose that over the interacton between the hero/heroine. There was a lot of focus on a second couple and the mystery that the female of the couple was trying to figure out. I wish there was more focus on the lead hero/heroine because it just seemed forced when they got together. They did share a past though but I don ...more
This was my first B.J. Daniels romantic suspense. I thought it was good. I'm not used to a romantic suspense without a least one good sex scene (Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown), but it didn't really seem to matter. I just didn't feel the hotness between the two main characters although I understood their attraction. I wish they had been a little more dramatic with each other. I has a good flow and the "bad guy" was a good surprise. Good writing for the genre.
Shannon Renee
Aug 04, 2012 Shannon Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 really. This is book one in this series. Which I did not read first, and I hate. However, it was a really strong starter, (I've read 2 of the later books with out figuring out they were a series until I found this one) Colton is ok, Love Emma, and Hallie is fine. Good, strong way to start a series!
May 08, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It's was good beginning to end and it left you wanting more. I cannot wait to read the next BJ Daniels book!!
Oct 16, 2014 Polly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder on the range committed 14 years ago. A Deputy with a secret love who solves it.
A great mystery.
Teri Heyer
Jul 09, 2016 Teri Heyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves contemporary romance/suspense.
Have I mentioned that I love B. J. Daniels' books? Well, I loved "Branded" which is book #1 in another great series by this author.
Lorelei Frank
Jun 06, 2014 Lorelei Frank marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I love western themed stories and I loved this one. Liked the surprise ending, didn't see that coming. I can't wait for the next book to the series!
Toni rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2012
Bobby-Joe  Cole
Bobby-Joe Cole rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
Vanessa rated it it was ok
May 27, 2011
Mary Adams
Mary Adams rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2014
Cindy Martz
Cindy Martz rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
Brenda rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Sandy rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Heather Harvey
Heather Harvey rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
Kathy Schoppenhorst
Kathy Schoppenhorst rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Melissa Marie
Melissa Marie rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2013
Ann rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2012
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Whitehorse, Montana: Chisholm Cattle Company
Darlene Wilson
Darlene Wilson rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2012
Sandy rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • The Missing Twin
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • The Lost Girls of Johnson's Bayou
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Wanted: Bodyguard
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2; The Precinct #18)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...

Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co. (6 books)
  • Lassoed (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #2)
  • Rustled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #3)
  • Stampeded (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #4)
  • Corralled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #5)
  • Wrangled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #6)