Start by marking “Düğün (Lairds' Fiancées, #2)” as Want to Read:
Düğün (Lairds' Fiancées, #2)

Düğün (Lairds' Fiancées #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  21,583 Ratings  ·  698 Reviews
Çocukken babası tuzağa düşürülerek öldürülen İskoç soylusu Connor MacAlister, içindeki intikam duygusunu hiç kaybetmemiş, babasının katilini bulmak hayatının amacı haline gelmiştir. Connor, babasının öldürülmesinde parmağı olduğunu düşündüğü, zalim McNare'e zarar vermek için, onunla evlenmek üzere yola çıkan İngiliz Baron Haynesworth'un kızı Brenna'yı kaçırır. Brenna sırad ...more
Published December 2007 by Epsilon Yayınları (first published August 10th 1996)

Dina
So it happened... I found a book by Julie Garwood that I didn't love. Not that it was bad, it was just not up to par with the other Garwood books I've read.

The Wedding starts with 10-year-old Highlander Connor MacAlister promising his dying father to avenge his death by finding out and killing the ones who betrayed him. This promise basically defines Connor's whole life then and determines the course of his actions throughout the story. 16 years later, Connor's quest for revenge makes him steal
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
The Wedding managed to make its way up into the ranks of Garwood books that earned a five star rating. Why? Because this book took me from laughing hysterically, to being angry enough for my blood pressure to shoot up (or so my throbbing temples testified to), to being so sad I wanted to cry. Also, it's just darn entertaining.

I've read many, many romance novels in my thirty-some years, and Julie Garwood has a way of writing singular heroines, like no other author. On first glance, they seem too
Kristen
2 stars

Looks like I'm one of the few who didn't enjoy this book. I had high hopes to start but ended up disappointed and frustrated for most of the books.

I found "The Wedding" frustrating, wearisome, and confusing at times. There were some funny and endearing parts, but those moments soon gave way to frustration again. I also had a devil of a time trying to connecting with these characters. I didn't hate the book but I certainly didn't like it either.

I'm not sure why this story didn't sit well w
Elfina Renee
Jan 18, 2016 Elfina Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ahhh can't say enough how majestic and real Scotland feels. Julie Garwood's vividness brings this beautiful country into our homes and imagination. I swear at times I wanted to string Connor MacAlister up by his short hairs. He's rude, assholish, manipulative and a jerk, another words a typical man. When he forced Brenna to give up the memory of her family and childhood possessions her siblings had given her, I could have strangled him on the spot. But yet the high handed highlander was special, ...more
Crista
The Bride followed by The Wedding are, in my opinion, Garwood's best work. If you are new to Garwood, these 2 books are a great place to start.

Julie Garwood is different than most of the romance authors that I read in the fact that I find myself loving her heroines even more than her heroes! I usually read romance novels for the larger than life men they ususally come with, but Garwood's Ladies steal the show.

In The Wedding, Brenna is one of those "show stealers". This character is so refreshi
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Another beautiful read with such emotional moments I cried and laughed so many times. I would have liked more happy times before the epilogue but it was still one of couldn't put down. Connor and Brenna had such a tug of war going on yet it just worked. He was so stubbornly ignorant that it was actually endearing to see him realize his love and that he's stronger for it not weaker. Big rough, stubborn, arrogant and egotistical alphas.. They seem to be my weakness especially and only if they are ...more
KatieV
This was a good mix of camp and serious. Definitely darker than The Bride, but still contained Garwood's wit and humor.

Poor Brenna goes through it and a lot of it is the hero's fault. He doesn't actually treat her cruelly himself, but he's very tied up in his vengeance plots against another Laird and leaves her to the crappy in-laws from hell. Also the enemy Laird does a terrible thing that really upset me. (view spoiler)
Autumn
Mar 01, 2011 Autumn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance readers.
Recommended to Autumn by: anja
ohh.. It was a good read alright!! :)

I have to say that i favor the themes where couple is married from the start,and make it work out. It eliminates some nonsense, specially from historical.

This book is the second installment of the Laird series. I enjoyed the The Bride,but i felt this books was much more thorough, hence more satisfying ending.

I loved the way Garwood developed this characters;we had enough information on both of them from their childhood.which makes the plot a notch more deep.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Yet another book with an unattractive title that hides a wonderful and rich story.
I loved Brenna. She is right up there with Penelope from Penelope and Callie from Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake as far as my favourite heroines from humorous historical romances go.

Here you'll find silliness and a lot of funny moments. However, there is a bit of drama, seriousness and ugliness too to balance the story out. And The Wedding is a perfect blend.
Connor's past and his father's legacy had t
Diamond Cowboy
Feb 16, 2016 Diamond Cowboy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I shall give an entire review at a later date. I do highly recommend it however.
Enjoy and Be Blessed.
Diamond
Jamie
Dec 14, 2015 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5... didn't love this one as much as the first in the series. It was ok .. I was just never really able to connect with Brenna and Connor as a couple; I didn't feel an overwhelming chemistry between them. Still a cute read and Brenna was hilarious at times. It was a cute one.
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
I quite adore my highlanders. Untamed, brawny, kilted- they have this unique uber hot quality ah canna resist! And Julie Garwood does a fair job presenting them. Her ‘The bride’ was beautifully done with a surly H brought to heel by a sweet innocent and giving bride.

In this sequel, she does it again. The premise and tone is the same in this one and the start was very promising. I love an abducted bride and a forced marriage do, and these two have a sweet history and are not strictly strangers. A
Blair
Jun 11, 2015 Blair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, historical-r

Very enjoyable.
Dawna
Aug 13, 2008 Dawna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite line of all time:

"Nay, lass. Conner."

Laura V.
2,5/5

"Lo que me destroza el corazón es que dejaste muy claro que aquello que es importante para mí, no significa nada para ti."

Lo que me destroza a mí, es que este libro no me haya gustado. Qué infeliz me dejó.
"Era un completo ignorante en lo referente a los sentimentos femeninos, se dijo ella, para no enfadarse."

Esto está mal, chicos, está muy mal.
"Parecía decidido a estropear todos los momentos gratos con algún comentario desagradable."

Brenna tiene efímeros momentos de lucidez en los qu
Amanda
Jul 18, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just imagine. It is the early 12th century in the Scottish Highlands and you've just had a row with your husband, your very new husband. He's taking off for an undefined amount of time and doesn't even bother to say goodbye. You whisper your adieu to him and you take your leave, heartbroken, feeling unwanted and alone. As you walk up the hill, you suddenly feel the ground shaking and others are rushing to get off the path in front of you. Before you can face the impending danger, you are plucked ...more
Joana

Lady Brenna was in the Highlands because her father got her an arranged match. However on her journey, a fierce group of highlanders (painted like they were going to war),say she is going to wed her leader, Connor.
Connor reminds her that she did asked him to marry her 3 times and that he is finally accepting. A bold move for a women of that time,right? Lets just say that she was a toddler when she ask him, barely not remembering that she actually did it.
So in order to save her fathers soldiers,
Lynsey
Re-read Dec 2012

Sublime dialogue. I absolutely loved it!

Julie Garwood, as always, writes such charming and funny interactions between her characters. I can't stand misunderstanding being used as a driver of tension, because for me it's usually very weak. Therefore, I love how Garwood sorts these out very swiftly and intelligently through her dialogue. She really captures how two people can perceive things differently and interpret things wrongly, but she does it believably and with lashings of h
Arlene
I just spent four shameless hours reading this romantic historical, and ((GASP)) I loved every minute of it! LOLOL Julie Garword pens a great, faced-paced, funny romance where her male characters are saa-woon worthy and mighty fine.

The Wedding is a simple love story about a ginormous Scottish Laird named Connor, who also happens to be hawt and …. well alpha of course… He captures the bride of his sworn enemy and ((big surprise)) marries Brenna to spite his foes. No need to dive into the plot… it
Michelle
Another amazing book by Julie Garwood ! I really love her Historical Romance novels! The Wedding is the sequel to The Bride and tells of the amazing romance that develops between Breanna and Connor MacAlister. When Brenna was just a little girl Connor paid a visit to her home and she was captivated by him. She was always getting into mischief and when Connor saved her from an angry mother pig Breanna was determined to marry him one day so she asked Connor to marry her 3 times. Little did she kno ...more
Jenn
Feb 04, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highlanders
This highlander book gave me the highlander satisfaction I've been searching for. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Connor was a daft, brute, stubborn, alpha, bear of a laird. You can't fault him for being so daft half of the time and scared the other half. Considering how he was raised, he didn't have any real role models to show him that it's okay for a highlander to show his feelings and affections without being weak.

I loved Quinlan and Crispin. They are friends and protectors of Laird Connor. Th
TJ
Feb 08, 2013 TJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love, Love, LOVE this book! It is a completely personal thing, everyone has their opinion of which Julie Garwood historical touches perfection most closely. I'm just saying this one is it for me. So..... gushing fan-girl review (which may or may not help a single soul) to follow:

I LOVE Brenna, the heroine, in her, I have found my doppelganger. That is both weird and wonderfully amazing. I understand her personality, her choices, her humor and I love every single one of those things.

I LOVE Conn
Kathleen
Julie Garwood is a favorite author, but this is my least favorite of all her books. I didn't fall in love with Connor, the hero.
Idiot. Unworthy. Not dream worthy.
Some of my favorites by this author -- with heavenly heroes -- are The Bride, The Gift, Honor's Splendor, Saving Grace, Ransom, The Secret.
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
I love the kidnapping part and I love Highlanders! (hahaha. I guess I'll be saying that line in all Garwood historical books) ...more
Lelyana
Apr 02, 2012 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sammy

this is how I felt while reading this novel , oh I am so much better after the mentally exhausting week...

I had read the first book of this series ,not so long time ago , so I knew what I was getting into, & that was exactly why I went for this one ... I wanted to be in the known territory , Highlands

Oh I so love this place, its my home in parallel universe , u cnt blame me ....

Another thing I loved about this novel , oh I so loved lady Brenna , she was adorable , clever , loving , understan
Val ⚓️ Shameless & Bitchy Skanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads Mrs. Danvers-Tate-Snow
Julie Garwood at her finest. This is probably one of my favorite books of all time. I loved Brenna and I LOVED Connor. I think I've probably read this book 50 times. I wish Garwood still wrote like this.
LibraryLass
My star rating:

Plot: 4.5/5
Pacing: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
World: 4/5 (Historical Scotland)
Romance: 5/5

Enjoyment level: 5++++/5 stars!

Julie Garwood writes some of the best historical romances I have ever read (and I have read a tonne). Whenever I have read a book that threatens to put me in a slump (usually because they are meh) then I will try and pick up this author's historical romances.

The plot, the characters, the romance (yummy!), the dialogue, the secondary relationships all are superb. I wi
valee
Apr 27, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well after having read 4 books from this author I can say I love her style and that after JQ and LK she has become my fav historical romance. Still, while I had a great time reading her books, I just don't get to love her characters as much as I did the ones of the authors I had just mentioned. It's like I love everything that happens and what they say and do, but I never get to remember them really, not even their names,lol, I guess that says something...

I will definitely be reading more from J
LuvGirl
I never thought I’d be saying this about a medieval but, this was a cute book. It was very funny and I enjoyed the interaction between the hero and heroine. I liked the heroine much more than the hero though. She had a great personality while I felt a little let down on the sexual appeal of the hero. The writing was really good so I can't give it anything less than 3 stars. I can see why this one is a favorite of many but it just didn't have all the quality's I look for to make it a favorite of ...more
  • The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • The Warlord (Montagues, #1)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
  • Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1)
  • Until You (Westmoreland, #3)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • Untamed (Medieval, #1)
  • Charming the Prince (Once Upon A Time, #1)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • A Year and a Day (DeWarenn, #1)
With more than 35 million books in print and 26 NEW YORK TIMES bestsellers, Julie Garwood has earned a position among America's favorite fiction writers.

Born and raised in Kansas City, MO, Ms. Garwood attributes much of her success to growing up in a large family of Irish heritage. "The Irish are great storytellers who relish getting all of the details and nuances of every situation. Add in the fa
More about Julie Garwood...

Lairds' Fiancées (2 books)
  • The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1)

“She let him know how much she liked what he was doing by scoring his back with her nails and crying out with pleasure.
"Oh, God."
"Nay, lass. Connor.”
162 likes
“I know the truth now. You've figured out I'm falling in love with you and you're trying to make me stop by hurting me this way. Well it won't work.
One way or another, I'm going to make you care about me. Yes, I am, unless your cold attitude kills me first.
It's only fair, Connor. If I'm going to be miserable, by God, so are you.
I am not a common wench and I will not be treated like one.”
121 likes