Start by marking “Broken (Distinguished Rogues, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken (Distinguished Rogues, #2)

Broken (The Distinguished Rogues #2)

Unrepentant rogue, Giles Wexham, Earl of Daventry, wrings pleasure from every moment and likes his carefree life exactly as it is. During his summer retreat to the country, he becomes reluctant host and nursemaid to his former betrothed, a woman he’d thought long dead, a woman Giles had mistaken for a ghost while he’d found pleasure in another woman’s arms.

Unbearable pain
Published May 2nd 2011 by LLD Press (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

Kym Licup
Sep 18, 2012 Kym Licup rated it did not like it
I had high hopes for this book. The first two chapters were interesting. But the remainder of the book read like someone slapped the words onto paper as quickly as possible.
The writing was stilted, the hero so contrived as to be gross. I didn't really care about any of the characters.
RIF
Dec 18, 2012 RIF rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Had a lot of angst which pulled me in, but something just didnt click for me. Skimmed.
Wendy Tavenner
Nov 14, 2016 Wendy Tavenner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved, loved the book!! Giles who is a rogue in the first degree believes a beautiful ghost has seen him with several women. When he retreats to his country home for a few weeks he gets an unexpected visitor of Lord Winter, the man who would have been his father-in-law. His daughter who was his betrothed died in a horrific accident 6 yrs prior. Lord Winters brings with him a person bundled up in a cloak that seems to be injured. Giles later learns the bundle was Lilly his former fiancée. He is ...more
Kellie Kruse
Dec 02, 2016 Kellie Kruse rated it it was amazing
Lovely

I love the characters and had trouble putting this book down. Coventry is a great rake and Lily is a superb female lead
Audrey
May 03, 2013 Audrey marked it as dnf-not-now-maybe-never
Shelves: historical
After sitting on this book for about nine months without any additional progress, I've relegated it to the no-man's-land of my "dnf-not-now-maybe-never" shelf.

I kind of wish I could finish it just so that I could give it the 1 or 2 star rating that I think it deserves. Clearly it didn't hold my interest. Clearly I had no desire to continue if I was stuck at 35% for nine months.

We'll see if I ever pick it up again and muscle my way through it until the end. Again, as the shelf says, this is not g
Billie Jo
Dec 11, 2012 Billie Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zread-2013
Absolutely loved the unique story line! I really did enjoyed this book and would highly recommend reading it. However, I found myself thinking more than once how story could have really kept me on my toes but just missed the mark. There were a few opportunities where the author could have added a bit something more or gone in a slightly different direction that could have added more excitement and suspense to make this a real page turner.
Anne Martin
it is the classical love story with a happy end and more sex than usual. Lily is cut from the world after a fall from a bridge. She lives in pain and cannot move much. Giles is a distinguished rogue, taking much pleasure in sex, with any woman he can seduce. But Lily comes in his mind, in his dreams and he will cure her and fall in love with her. There is just not enough of a story for my taste.
Marlene
May 28, 2014 Marlene rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books, kindle
Weird and slow moving. hard to imagine Lily so fragile to be up for sex or why Lord Daventry was so obsessed by her, as she did not have much every or conversation
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Penelope MacPherson
Penelope MacPherson rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2016
Virginia James
Virginia James rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Karen Supplee
Karen Supplee rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Gloria
Gloria rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Rae Stinebrickner
Rae Stinebrickner rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
E Lynne Collins
E Lynne Collins rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2014
Terry Schroeder
Terry Schroeder rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2017
Vicki Hammock
Vicki Hammock rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2016
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2013
Sherilynn Seraphina
Sherilynn Seraphina rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • To Sin with Scandal
  • Lessons in Indiscretion (The Merry Widows, #1)
  • Wicked Lord (Wicked Affairs, #3)
  • To Seduce A Scoundrel (Secrets & Scandals #3)
  • Blood Wicked (Blood, #4)
  • Seduced at Sunset (Pembroke Palace, #6)
  • Twice a Rake
  • Pleasuring the Pirate (How To, #2)
  • Plaid to the Bone (Spirit of the Highlands, #0.5)
  • Her Protector's Pleasure (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • The Good Sinner's Naughty Nun
  • Rumors Among the Heather
  • Bought and Paid For
  • Rescued By A Viscount
  • One Wicked Night
  • No Brighter Dream (Pascal Trilogy #3)
  • An Illicit Engagement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #2)
  • Lee (Devils on Horseback, #4)
Determined to escape the Aussie sun on a scorching camping holiday, Heather picked up a pen and notebook from a corner store and started writing her very first novel—Chills. Eight years later, she is the author of over thirty romances and publisher of several anthologies too. Addicted to all things tech (never again will Heather write a novel longhand) and fascinated by English society of the earl ...more
More about Heather Boyd...

The Distinguished Rogues (7 books)
  • Chills (Distinguished Rogues, #1)
  • Charity (Distinguished Rogues, #3)
  • An Accidental Affair
  • Keepsake (The Distinguished Rogues Book 5)
  • An Improper Proposal (Distinguished Rogues, #6)
  • Reason to Wed (The Distinguished Rogues #7)