Start by marking “Conquering Everest: The Lives of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay: A Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:

Conquering Everest: The Lives of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay: A Graphic Novel (Campfire Graphic Novels)

Tenzing Norgay was the son of poor Tibetan immigrants living in Nepal. He longed to see the world but was told he could aspire to be little more than a servant. Edmund Hillary was a humble beekeeper from New Zealand, who spent his youth dreaming of adventures he could never hope to experience.
And Everest was the ultimate adventure. The mountain's peak is the highest point
Published August 16th 2011 by Campfire (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Conquering Everest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquering Everest

Charlie
Sep 29, 2012 Charlie rated it it was amazing
For those who love action and adventure, this book is for you. I really enjoyed this book due to the nonstop intensity of action and adventure. However, this book is also great for those historical fiction readers. Overall, this book blew my mind.
Mike DiNardo
Sep 26, 2016 Mike DiNardo rated it really liked it
This was an excellent chronicle of the first known successful summit of Chomolungma(Mt. Everest). The narrator decided to introduce the characters Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary, with snippets form their lives. The story advances through their lives until they meet as adults on the footsteps of Everest. Proving to be a formidable team, they get the chance to summit together and deal with the fame of conquering Everest.
This graphic novel has been laid out in a well thought out manner. I usual
Becky B
A graphic novel biography of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, the first two men to summit Everest. This is a pleasantly balanced biography, in that Hillary doesn't get all the spotlight, Sherpa Tenzing Norgay shares it equally as he deserves. A brief backstory for each man is given, their climb to the summit is related, and that is followed by summaries of how they each used their fame from their achievement to promote humanitarian work and bless the region around Everest.

I liked the way the
Wendy
I have a deep respect for the people who saw this mountain, and just had to get to the top.

I won't get into all the problems that the mountain faces now environmentally and such. But these me, Norgay and Hillary, who scaled it first, are BAMF in my book.

Edmund Hillary, from what I've seen in documentaries and other books, seems like he was a great stand-up kind of guy.

Anyways, I used to have an OCD thing about Mt. Everest a while back, and this just brought back some of those feelings. Some of
Stacey
Apr 06, 2012 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, nonfic
I love the topic of everest, and this story of the first two men to summit was absolutely fascinating. I was drawn into the lives of these two men, and felt vested in their hopes and dreams. Excellently written. I was madly consuming the words and barely had time for the illustrations, but they so clearly tied everything together for me that I could not actually pass them by. I am so pleased with the past two non-fiction graphic novels that I have read, I cannot wait for this genre to pick up in ...more
Arianna Eigner
Sep 25, 2016 Arianna Eigner rated it it was ok
I didn’t like nor dislike this book. I just found it hard to read and follow. I wasn’t expecting it to be almost comic book like. It is a good overall story but I found it hard to read because it jumped back and forth between characters stories. I did not finish reading because I became bored and a little confused.
I think if you are an avid comic book reader you would be able to follow the story a little better than me, and maybe understand the way it was set up. Also I hope I have the right ve
Snow
May 31, 2011 Snow rated it really liked it
reviewing for Good Comics for Kids
Shreeya Sharma
Shreeya Sharma rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Sachin Modi
Sachin Modi rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2016
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2014
Ria Goyal
Nov 18, 2015 Ria Goyal rated it liked it
This book is really good to get to know the lives of people who climbed everest
Aashish Trivedi
Aashish Trivedi rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Becky Schlesinger
Nov 18, 2015 Becky Schlesinger rated it liked it
It was a very intriguing adventure to go through it with them and it is a cool comic as well.
P.
P. rated it did not like it
Nov 13, 2014
Amrita
Amrita rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Jdgibson Gibson
Jdgibson Gibson rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Rajakumar Duraiswamy
Rajakumar Duraiswamy rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Yash Bhore
Yash Bhore rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2016
Poorva
Poorva rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Pranshu Aggarwal
Pranshu Aggarwal rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Mel
Mel rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Sharon Reddington
Sharon Reddington rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2016
Nagi
Nagi rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Tejender Sandhu
Tejender Sandhu rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Julia Hall
Julia Hall rated it it was ok
May 13, 2012
Reid
Reid rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Grant
Grant rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Andrea Urdaneta
Andrea Urdaneta rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
The creator and writer of Wasted Minute and 4320, Lewis Helfand is a freelance writer whose comic book credits include the graphic novels Kim, A Journey To The Centre Of The Earth, and The Time Machine for Campfire Comics and the monthly mini-comic The Adventures of Roxy Riley for East Coast Biker Magazine.

His past credits include weekly columns for AskMen.com and InsideHoops.com, as well as mont
More about Lewis Helfand...

Campfire Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • The 3 Musketeers: The Graphic Novel
  • 400 BC: The Story of the Ten Thousand: A Graphic Novel
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Campfire Graphic Novel)
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Campfire Graphic Novels)
  • Ali Baba and The Fourty Thieves: Reloaded: A Graphic Novel
  • Alice in Wonderland: The Graphic Novel
  • Around the World in 80 Days (Campfire Graphic Novels)
  • The Call of the Wild (Campfire Graphic Novels)
  • A Christmas Carol: The Graphic Novel