Start by marking “Fodor's Paris 2012” as Want to Read:
Fodor's Paris 2012

Fodor's Paris 2012

Full-color guide
• Make your trip to Paris unforgettable with 39 maps, illustrated features, and 170 color photos

Customize your trip with simple planning tools
• Top experiences and attractions
• Convenient overview of each neighborhood and its highlights
• Easy-to-read color neighborhood maps

Explore St-Germain, the Marais, Montmartre, and beyond
• Discerning Fodor’s Cho
Published October 20th 2011 by Fodor (first published December 12th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Fodor's Paris 2012, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fodor's Paris 2012

switterbug (Betsey)
Dec 06, 2012 switterbug (Betsey) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone going to Paris
Note that I have yet to go to Paris; I am going in the spring of 2013. If you would like to measure this book's worth based on a review from someone who has been before, then skip this one. However, I think there is something valid to be said for a Paris newbie trying to navigate unknown territory through a guidebook.

I originally thought that first order of business was finding a hotel. However, I realized later, after learning more about Paris, that I wanted location to be my primary factor, as
Sharon
Nov 11, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Fodor's Paris 2013 book is the latest guide I've read in preparation for a trip next year. What sets this book apart from the others is the tips and insights from TripAdvisor website users, in addition to the information provided by the travel writers.

The book is well-written, and the photographs and maps are great. However, I find myself with the same complaint about this book that I've had with a couple of others: the book is not arranged by arrondissement (district) -- although the travel
Steven Peterson
May 27, 2010 Steven Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long time since I was in Paris. But I like picking up guides from time to time to renew my acquaintance with the "City of Lights."

This book is another fine addition to Fodor's library. The book provides a basic background to the city; it has brief discussions of the various parts of the city (e.g., Ile de la Cite and Ile St-Louis, most enchanting; The Champs-Elysees; The Qaurtier Latin; and so on).

After a discussion of the areas within the city, we have chapters on nightlife, perfor
jessica
Jan 10, 2008 jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents visiting in paris, but get them another map
no offense "62capecodmom," but the fact that you bought a green day book that has french in it and reminds you of paris when you open it doesn't really do much for me.

the map in this book is TERRIBLE. i live in paris and it doesn't make sense, and my parents came to visit and lost their faith in maps as well because of it.

Good for people who are clueless about coming to Paris, but mostly not that useful.
Susan
Feb 18, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, travel
This turned out to be my favorite guide book for Paris. It was the only one I carried with me every day. It offered a wide range of information, maps for all areas of the city, and sufficient write ups of restaurants and hotels to allow for reasonably well informed decision making. We chose our hotel from this book (Henri IV Rive Gauche) and we were very happy there. The descriptions were accurate and I like that it gave both pros and cons.
Tara Choate
It's hard to rate this kind of book simply because I haevn't been to Paris... I'm just researching. However, they always seem to me to be a sort of checklist/review tool for someone who wants to "see everything." For my purposes (planning) I only found one page really useful. Still, Fodor's is a classic for a reason. Good prose, good pics, good tips.
Sylvia Ttl
Aug 13, 2013 Sylvia Ttl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, france
This book came really handy during our Paris trip. Thanks to its colourful illustrations, Insightful comments, useful tips and updated information. We actually managed to beat all the long queues and enter the Louvre ahead of many tour groups.
{eri}
Feb 20, 2012 {eri} rated it really liked it
First time I ever read a guidebook all the way through! Just what the do ordered :] very informative and I loved all the pictures. I learned about lots of cool spots
Ietrio
Apr 05, 2016 Ietrio rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: practical
A decent guide of Paris. Nothing special, nothing fancy, yet quite complete.
Tamara
Mar 16, 2013 Tamara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: europe, non-fiction
You know, it's a travel book. Actually, a travel ebook, but you know.
Cian O hAnnrachainn
Nov 09, 2011 Cian O hAnnrachainn rated it it was amazing
You can't just go to Paris and spend a boatload of cash and not be prepared to wring every drop of value from the investment.

All I need now are a cupla focal de francais & I'm good to go.
Bonnie
Mar 15, 2013 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
I got better information from my DK Eyewitness Travel France 2012 than I did from this book. Also, I wish there had been more pictures.
Shauna
Mar 02, 2011 Shauna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, 2011
Not often I read a guidebook cover to cover but this was a goodun. Very useful and the zipout map in the back was great too.
Cloay
Mar 30, 2011 Cloay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
- available in SG NLB 914.436 (Sengkang)
Bill Whalen
Jul 22, 2010 Bill Whalen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't put it down. I'm leaving Tuesday!
Bridget
Jun 09, 2012 Bridget rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful travel book!
Marion
Sep 26, 2010 Marion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, french-paris
I've read this pretty much cover-to-cover and I have to say I'm very impressed. This guide has been very helpful for my planning and will certainly be even more helpful during my trip.
Quddus Chong
Quddus Chong rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2013
nfat
nfat rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Rick Akin
Rick Akin rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Tricia Sears
Tricia Sears rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2017
Michelle Singer
Michelle Singer rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Jami
Jami rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2009
April Williams
April Williams rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Jorayne
Jorayne rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2012
Doug
Doug rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Natasha Tracy
Natasha Tracy rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016