Start by marking “Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  23,458 ratings  ·  3,499 reviews
She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. But that's all it takes. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real.

To aveng
Published September 25th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Zombieland, please sign up.

Mercedes I would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I…moreI would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I could not put it down. (less)
Alexa McIntosh She already made a sequel. And published the third book. AND: Now she's talking about the 4th book, so...yeah. But trust me on this, the 3rd book will…moreShe already made a sequel. And published the third book. AND: Now she's talking about the 4th book, so...yeah. But trust me on this, the 3rd book will make you cry so much ;-;(less)
The Selection by Kiera CassClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined by Heather DixonEverneath by Brodi AshtonRapture by Lauren Kate
Best Girl in a Dress Cover of 2012
7th out of 433 books — 1,628 voters
The Raven Boys by Maggie StiefvaterAlice in Zombieland by Gena ShowalterWhat's Left of Me by Kat ZhangUnspoken by Sarah Rees BrennanHidden by Sophie Jordan
September 2012
2nd out of 185 books — 303 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
Whether or not you enjoy this book depends on what you were expecting to begin with. No Really. Look at that cover, reread the synopsis and decide right now what you’re hoping from this book. Is it:

a) A dark, twisted retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie creatures?

b) A high school melodrama about ghost/zombies with no real Alice in Wonderland connection.

If you thought B then good for you. Read this book. If you thought A then back the hell off now. This is not the book for you and you wil
sunset shimmer
As you can see this is another DNF review, because I can only take so much torture, and reading this was overkill. I made it about 120-something pages, and then I reached my breaking point.

What I Oh So Desperately Wanted: An awesome, zombiefied Alice in Wonderland retelling with lots of action.

What I Got: Crappy, unoriginal, stereotypical teen melodrama.

So we have Alice, a girl who's dad is claimed to be psycho cause he sees these "monsters". And then her whole family gets killed in a car crash
Giselle
OFF WITH HER HEAD!!

Alice in Wonderland with zombies? Not so much. Creative zombie ghosts lore (… you heard me. Zombie. Ghosts) with great humor and charming characters? Definitely!

Despite the title, Alice in Zombieland really has nothing much to do with Alice in Wonderland. There may be some scattered references, but it's really a unique story all on its own. While some may be disappointed, I wasn't terribly familiar with the specifics of the classic tale, so I found myself having a lot of fun
Navdha
Does the title Alice in Zombieland along with the intriguing synopsis and lovely cover has you convinced that you have to read this book?

No? Never mind.

But if your answer is ‘Yes’, then you need to ask yourself this:

Are you expecting to find a gory, engrossing, retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie goodness putridness?

No? Okay.
So far so good.

Are you prepared to go through the same overused insta-lust bullshit between the main characters with hardly any explanations or focus on the plot
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
4 COLE STARS <333

I think everybody knows Alice in Wonderland..but did you know that there is also another Alice?? With Zombies...Yes yes you heard me...there are zombies in this book...like many of them!!!But these zombies weren't what I expected and the concept was different because the hunters had to fight leaving their bodies aside and using the spirit!!It was interesting and very unique!!

description

Alice moves in with her grandparents after her parent's and sister's death.She tries to accept her ne
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but Alice in Zombieland has very little to do with Lewis Carroll’s classic. In fact, aside from the title itself and the white rabbit-shaped cloud that warns our Ali of danger, there’s nothing connecting the two. As someone who stays as far away from retellings as possible, I was overjoyed when I discovered this, but if you go into this expecting a new version of that story, you might find yourself disappointed.

Alice in Zombieland is, above all, a fun little bo
I was obviously expecting too much from this book, because boy was I disappointed.

Alice was an okay character, I felt sorry for her because of the way she lost her whole family, and the way she blamed herself for it. It must have been really hard for her to find herself so alone, and to have to deal with the knowledge that the monsters her father raved about were actually real!

The storyline in this revolved around Alice learning to fight zombies, and it got old real quick. I got bored. I felt li
Kaylee Magic
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Sweet Jesus, Ali is not your typical sit-back-and-take-it heroine -- she's wild for a girl who looks like a doll, and I SERIOUSLY LOVE THAT. Go kick some invisible zombie butt, Ali! (:

-----

Alice in Zombieland is, quite frankly, not what I was expecting. It's BETTER. It ROCKS. It totally KICKED ASS, which I guess should've been expected of a Gena Showalter book incorporating zombies into my favourite childhood story. I always used to want to go to Wonderland be
Katy
My Goodread friends have either really, really liked this book or really, really hated it. Now, I know why, and I have so many things to say about it - and not good ones.

First of all, I thought this book was going to be a parody of Alice in Wonderland or have some kind of parallelism or allusion to it, but the only things that lined up were a character named Alice and the mention of a white rabbit - in this book, it was the stupid clouds. So yeah, not much correlation to Alice in Wonderland.

Donna {Book Passion for Life}
“Let’s see what I can do to change that, shall we? We’re going on a little adventure, you and I. When I give an order, you’ll obey it. There will be no asking politely, no matter how much you bat your lashes at me.”

Where do I start with Alice in Zombieland....well, to be honest zombies are really not my thing AT ALL! I've read several zombie books and just cant see what all the hype is about - they just don't do anything for me, but because of all the awesome reviews on this book, I wa
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・
description

Alice in Zombieland tells the story of Alice, who goes by Ali, and her life ends up being a non-stop zombie hunt. Alice is a sixteen years old girl, pretty ordinary, except that she's not. She has a pretty regular mother, an absolutely funny and charming little sister and a "crazy" father. She's always lived with her father rules:
Never go out at night.
Never to venture into a cemetery.
And never, under any circumstances, to trust someone who wants you to do either.

But we all have our time and af
Sarah (saz101)
Alice in Zombieland. The name alone screams Burtonesque-Resident Evil promise. Yet readers approaching Gena Showalter’s latest Young Adult offering with such hopes will find themselves disappointed. Instead, Alice in Zombieland will appeal to fans of the likes of Twilight and Vampire Diaries, those desperate for unrequited romance, dark teen angst and dangerous secrets. Leave your expectations at the door, and climb down the rabbit hole...

The Story:
Alice’s father’s always been nuts. He sees mons
Jessie Potts
When I first saw this cover I thought it was going to be a retelling of Alice in Wonderland with Zombies instead of villains... dang I was wrong. Showalter just used Alice Bell's Name and cute things from the wonderland books like 'curiouser and curiouser' otherwise it was a completely new and very action packed start to a brilliant series that I can't wait to dig into.

Alice's dad is crazy, certifiable. He claims there are monsters no one else can see and won't let the family go out after dark.
Brianna
THAT. WAS. AMAZING! *grabby hands* I NEED the 2nd book in my hands. now.
Jasprit
Oct 22, 2012 Jasprit rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jasprit by: Sam
I think I may be in the minority of reviewers who didn’t enjoy Alice in Zombieland. With a stunning cover and alluring premise what’s not to love? I think when I read the word zombie; I should have taken that as a sign as I haven’t had much luck with zombie books except for one. But I went in with the hopes that it would provide something different and different it certainly did.

The beginning of the book I had no problems with, I found myself thrown into the mix from the get go, with several que
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Originally posted on A Reader of Fictions.

As soon as I heard about this book, I super wanted to get my hands on it. Zombie retelling of Alice in Wonderland? Umm, yes, please! How could that possibly go wrong? Well, it turns out, it could go wrong in a number of ways. Alice in Zombieland has a certain appeal, but not the one that I suspect most readers will be expecting when they crack its spine.

The very first thing you need to know about Alice in Zombieland: it has nothing whatsoever to do with
Aly∞
DNF at page 40.

I can't get over the character's narrative, the awkward descriptions and the forced interactions. Everything is just so blah. It has that tired, strained writing that makes it difficult to read because it keeps pulling you out of the story and whacking you over the head with it's stupidity.

I've heard many good things about Gena Showalter and her urban fantasy series so I was looking forward to reading an Alice in Wonderland re-telling... with zombies.

Okay, so if you didn't know th
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Wendy Higgins
LOOOOOOOOOVED IT!!!
Violante
2.5

Primer libro del año, y lamentablemente fue una decepción. No sé, tenía muchas ganas de leer este libro, pero se me hizo muy lento y ridículo. Me obligué a terminarlo sólo porque era parte de una lectura conjunta.

Esperaba un retelling de Alicia en el país de las maravillas; un mundo siniestro, personajes fuertes y muchas aventuras, no ésto. Un drama adolescente, que lo único que tiene de retelling es el nombre de la protagonista. Y paremos de contar. Y para sumar, tenemos un desarrollo lentís
The Bodacious Book Babe
Review also posted on Babblings of a Book Babe .

So this book starts off with Ali, a not-so-normal teenage girl begging her mom to let them go to her little sisters dance recital. Which doesn’t seem like such a huge thing to ask, especially when it’s on her birthday that they forgot again. Except, it is a big deal when your dad refuses to let you go out after dark, because he is beyond terrified that the monsters are going to get them. Yeah, her dad has a few paranoia issues. But in the end, she
Michael
Based on the first chapter, I should have enjoyed Gena Showalter's Alice in Zombieland a lot more than I did.

Alice Bell's father is a bit of the peculiar side. He won't let his family venture out of the house after dark, he won't drive by the cemetery and he's convinced that he can see evil forces that no one else can. For her younger sister's birthday, Alice convinces her father to bend the rules and attend the younger sister's dance recital. Leaving quickly after the recital is over, the fami
Lily
"Never forget that evil is evil. You cannot change it. You cannot lead it to the light. But, if you let it, evil can lead you to the darkness."

Alice 'Ali' Bell never went out at night. Never went to parties. Never had a boyfriend. Her father is conviced that evil monsters exist and they're roaming at night. Ali never believed him. But what if he was right?

“My name is Alice Bell, and on the night of my sixteenth birthday I lost the mother I loved, the sister I adored and the father I never und
Aeicha

Such. A. Disappointment >.<

From the moment I saw the cover and read the premise of Gena Showalter's Alice in Zombieland I knew I had to read it! Unfortunately, the book failed to live up to my expectations and is one of the biggest reading disappointments I've experienced this year :(

Alice Bell thinks her father is crazy and with his paronoia, refusal to allow the family out after dark and his belief in monsters, he certainly sounds crazy. But after a tragic accident that takes the live
Danny
Awesometastic !!!!

Alice in Zombieland comes with a brilliant, kick-ass cast of characters and waves an action packed story with just the perfect amount for steamy romance to satisfy all our needs! Alice is an admirable heroine – strong, determined, wonderfully awesome and a perfect match for bad boy Cole who will steal not only Alice heart but sure as hell stole mine!

Full Review to come...
Nymeria
Appena finito e adesso sono nella fase, immagino nota a molti di voi, "HO BISOGNO DEL SEGUITO. LA MIA SALUTE MENTALE LO IMPONE".
Credetemi, non è facile riuscire a mettere insieme dei pensieri sensati su questo libro. Quello che vi posso dire è che Alice in Zombieland è stato uno dei miei libri preferiti del 2012. E' stata una lettura che spesso e volentieri mi ha lascito a bocca aperta, mi ha fatto ridere come una matta, venire le lacrime agli occhi e tutte queste emozioni si sono susseguite a
geekgirl
I must have this. Zombies! Gena Showalter! Two of my fave things.

*grabbyhands*

ETA 04/05/12 - COVER! COVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVER!

It's

SO

PRETTY!!!!

Also? WANT.
*Lynn*
I’d rather the whole world consider me crazy while I go down fighting than spend the rest of my life hiding from the truth. Zombies are real. They’re out there.

Alice's father is convinced there are monsters lurking outside the doors in the night. He refuses to let his family out after dark, which has left Alice with a very limited social life. But its been this way ever since Alice can remember. But on her 16th birthday, Alice begs her mother to talk her father into allowing them, as a norm
Alex
Sono letteralmente entrata nella tana del Bianconiglio...
Alice in wonderland é stata una delle poche letture che hanno avuto il potere di stupirmi!
Ebbene,mi aspettavo una sorta di favoletta dark/splatter e invece mi ritrovo a leggere una storia completamente diversa!
Una trama ricca di azione,passione,umorismo e tanti disgustosi zombi (scusa R tu sei sexy!).
Alice,é l'unica sopravvissuta al tragico incidente d'auto,nel quale ha perso entrambi i genitori e la sorellina Emma.
Il dolore é l'unica cost
Those who adore this book and want some more! 14 22 May 12, 2015 08:44AM
One More Chapter ...: * Author Chat: Gena Showalter (April 29 at 6pm ET/ 3pm PT) 40 76 May 03, 2015 12:27PM
Why did people give this book a bad review? 5 46 Apr 11, 2015 10:47AM
One More Chapter ...: Cover Chat 6 29 Apr 06, 2015 02:40PM
One More Chapter ...: Favorite Quotes 4 21 Apr 02, 2015 07:21AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Feb 11, 2015 04:17PM
Buddy Reads : This topic has been closed to new comments. * Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (Feb 5th 2015) 5 5 Feb 04, 2015 09:01PM
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Taking on the Dead (The Famished Trilogy, #1)
  • Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
  • Undead (Undead, #1)
  • Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1)
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • Velveteen
  • Zombies Don't Cry (Living Dead Love Story, #1)
  • Ten
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • The Other Life (The Other Life, #1)
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)
  • Lucid
  • Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)
  • White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

White Rabbit Chronicles (4 books)
  • Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • A Mad Zombie Party (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #4)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)

“Don't look now, but that's my ex over there."
Surely I'm not the only one who takes "don't look now" as "there's no better time than now." I looked.
"Bad, Ali!" Another slap to my arm. "Bad, bad, bad Ali! Have you no self control?”
184 likes
“He ignored me, thank God, saying to Kat, "Let go of Frosty's leash. You're choking the life out of him."
Kat's eyes narrowed to tiny slits, a sure sign of her aggression. "He deserves to choke. He didn't keep little frosty in his pants this summer." the words snapped like a whip.
"He did." Cole snapped back with unwavering confidence.
"Not."
"Did."
"Not!"
"Did,"
"Not, not, not!" she shouted with a stomp of her foot.
"What are we five?" Cole said.
"Six.”