Start by marking “Little Mercies” as Want to Read:
Little Mercies

Little Mercies

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Christians know the Psalm about living a happy life—"This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." But it’s hard not to look around and be distracted by the fact that we are living in a broken, fallen world. Sometimes, there’s so much bad news coming from the media that it’s fair to ask: is there any other kind?

In Little Mercies, acclaimed essayis

Unknown Binding, 183 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published February 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Little Mercies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Mercies

Julie Graves
Little Mercies is a collection of inspiring true stories that the author has experienced throughout her lifetime. This book could almost be used as a daily devotional except that there aren’t 365 stories, just 16. Each story has its own inspiration that the author then relates to stories that are in the Bible and verses that uplift and encourage. Four of those stories stood out for me.

Night Music tells about a friend that moved far away. The friend missed the sounds of the south and asked the au
JanBreesmom
I received Little Mercies:Celebrating God's Everyday Grace and Goodness by Lynn Coulter as a First Reads Book Giveaway recently. I am very happy that I got this book. It came at just the right time for me--reminding me to appreciate the everyday events and people i spend time with.

It is very inspirational...cheery...hopeful...Sharing how we can see God's hand in our everyday life.

I highly recommend this book. I have enjoyed reading it,, a little each day, so much!
Loraine
I loved this Devotional. Lynn Coulter wove personal stories throughout each devotional relating them to everyday life and showing God's mercy, grace and goodness.
Patti
Enjoyed these reflections on grace.
Title: LITTLE MERCIES
Author: Lynn Coulter
Publisher: Broadman & Holman
April 2011
ISBN: 978-08054-4935-8
Genre: Inspirational/Christian Living

Most Christians know the Psalm “This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” But—how can we be happy when we are living in a broken, fallen world. Sometimes we have so much bad news (not necessarily all in the media) that we just want to stick our heads in the sand and hide.

In LITTLE MERCIES, Ms. Coulter answers that we can be gla
Beth
This was a really enjoyable read. Coulter's writing style is very conversational. I felt as if she were talking with me over a cup of coffee on opposite ends of a cozy couch.

I really appreciated the reminders about how God's goodness can be found in the seemingly insignificant instances of our every day lives. If you look hard enough, there are things to marvel over everywhere, whether it be a school that teaches you to make, grow and create things with your own two hands, or a group of voluntee
Urs

This is WONDERFUL! It helps you to see and recognize the many, many blessings that surround you. Big, small, everything, and ALL! :D

Our God is an awesome God! ENJOY!
Oneida M. Brown
Very good devotional

Thought provoking. Each

Thought provoking. Easy to read. Recommended for anyone interested in deepening a relationship with God. Very good
Rachel
Full of wonderful little stories of encouragment and faith.
Betty Stegemoller
Betty Stegemoller marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Jennie  Veazey
Jennie Veazey marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Kathy Halverson
Kathy Halverson marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Erica Leigh
Erica Leigh marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Kathy Deppe
Kathy Deppe marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Kelley Hall
Kelley Hall marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Lynn Kraner
Lynn Kraner marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
JoAnne
JoAnne is currently reading it
Feb 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christian Fiction...: October/November Non-fiction Group Read 11 38 Oct 29, 2012 06:12AM
I'm a writer, wife, and the mom of a Georgia Tech grad (Go Jackets!) I have two "fur kids," Miss Paws and Molly.

More about Lynn Coulter...
Mustard Seeds: Thoughts on the Nature of God and Faith Gardening with Heirloom Seeds: Tried-And-True Flowers, Fruits, and Vegetables for a New Generation

“The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. —Psalm 145:9 KJV” 0 likes