Start by marking “Loving John” as Want to Read:
Loving John

Loving John

May Pang was 22 when she began to work for John Lennon and Yoko Ono as a personal assistant. This is her story of life with John and Yoko.
Published August 1st 1983 by Warner Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Loving John, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving John

Sheryl rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2008
dess rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2008
Mar 10, 2009 Pat rated it liked it
It is an insightful book a side of John Lennon I didn't know.
Katherine Coble
Katherine Coble rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2009
Feb 05, 2010 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, beatles
Essi rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2011
Mynkx rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Tdterrilldee rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Renee rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Juliette  Soleil
Aug 14, 2012 Juliette Soleil rated it it was amazing
Pretty stunningly personal portrait of John Lennon by his girlfriend, May Pang. The idea that one of the greatest artists of all time was highly depressed and suffering from alcaholism at the height of his youth and fame fascinates me to no end, as it proves that some truly gifted people's struggle to find happiness can span throughout their lifetimes, however long or short.
Nov 02, 2012 Felicia rated it liked it
Definitely between 2 and 3 stars.
It's not that I don't believe Pang's account, it's that some things just don't add up, small things. I've seen a documentary before that during one Troubadour incident John was yelling Yoko, not May as well.

Plus, Pang blames Yoko for everything that went on, and sure she is to blame for setting her and John up BUT John had his own mind, he kept going back to Yoko, accepting her calls, had a child with her! It just seems he wasn't as into the relationship as Pang
Rebekah rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Cosetta rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2013
~Divine rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2013
Heli rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Scott Golden
Jan 21, 2014 Scott Golden rated it really liked it
The memoirs of John Lennon's companion -- hand-picked by Yoko -- during his marital separation of the early 70's. It's a messy, often unhappy, but ultimately fascinating story.
Lovely Rita
Jan 17, 2014 Lovely Rita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, non-fiction, beatles
Michael Hockinson
Michael Hockinson rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Oct 28, 2015 Connie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any Lennon fan
Recommended to Connie by: No one
I've wanted this book ever since it first came out but had a hard time finding it. Finally many years later I was able to get a used paperback of this..
I really enjoyed the book along with the pictures. It tells the story where May is working for John & Yoko and eventually about Yoko telling May to take off with John and take care of him (literally) so Yoko could do her own thing and as I read in another book, with another man.
It tells the story about John's famous "Lost Weekend" that laste
MA Eisele
MA Eisele rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Shannon rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Kathy Spada
Jun 06, 2015 Kathy Spada rated it really liked it
"Loving John" by May Pang, his mistress during his eighteen month "lost weekend" is a salacious read! Although Pang was hired by Yoko Ono and in fact told to watch over John, it seemed that both John and Yoko really used Pang as a pawn during this time.
At first May was ok with the set up but once she and John became intimate, she grew increasingly more attached and in love with him. Even towards the end when John became more and more abusive to her, she took him back and kept the intimacy alive.
Karen Parker
Karen Parker rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Susan Olesen
May 08, 2015 Susan Olesen rated it it was ok
Not my favorite Beatle, but the book came to me so I read it. I had always held off making judgments about Yoko because I didn't know a thing about her beyond breaking up the Beatles, but now I thoroughly believe that. Yoko is portrayed as a master manipulator by May Pang, who was assigned by Yoko to be John's mistress. Yoko manipulated and mind-gamed them every inch of the way, calling them sometimes 25 times a day to make demands even though she had "broken up" with John. Lennon is portrayed ...more
young decadent
young decadent rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Verónica T.
Dec 04, 2015 Verónica T. rated it liked it
Shelves: autobiography
This book...
First and foremost, is a memory book so is hard to judge the content.
It was interesting to know more and beyond about John and Yoko's relationship and their peculiar modus operandi with their love-affairs and Yoko's constant control over John's life decisions.
At moments I felt like shaking my head so bad and wanting to throw this book at a wall because I was so pissed off with Yoko and May. All the shit she went through with Jhon. He was an alcoholic and he humiliated and hit her se
Emma-jane Stevens
Emma-jane Stevens rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Peter Ames Ames
Peter Ames Ames rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2016
Edec rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Patty rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
  • Neil and Me
  • Skywriting by Word of Mouth and Other Writings
  • The Beatles
  • Postcards from the Boys
  • A Cellarful of Noise (Rhino Rediscovery)
  • Lennon: The Definitive Biography