Start by marking “Goddess Cottage” as Want to Read:
Goddess Cottage

Goddess Cottage

Sierra Kastian has been raised by her mother in Silver Dust, Nevada. She was told from birth that she has no other living relatives. Her childhood memories consist of hours spent in casino lobbies, while her mother invested every dime she had into psychic gambling. Though her mother's talents often supplied her the jackpots she sought, she'd always put the majority of the ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2011 (first published April 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goddess Cottage

Darcy
May 15, 2011 Darcy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romance and paranormal
I really enjoyed this book. The author is new to me, and as I find new authors
there many things that I look for, and this one fit the bill to say the least.
I love erotic romance and all of the varied sub genres, and I also love the
paranormal genre as well. But since I live in the huge state of Alaska, I also
try to keep my eyes out for stories that are based in Alaska. I have found but
a few, and most have been a great enjoyment to read. I recently picked up
the novel; "Goddess Cottage" by She
Alexandria Darcy
May 11, 2011 Alexandria Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great story! I love the characters. They're not typical, and they are very human (even the ones that aren't ;)). This is the second werewolf novel that I have found that portrays werewolves in a way that I actually like. I'm actually starting to think werewolves aren't as lame/weird as I used to think they are!

My only complaint was the high number of typos. I think some of them may have been due to the iBook formatting, but there were more than the average number of typos. Fortunately, th
Tanya Goodwin
I normally do not read paranormal romance, but I obtained this book for free. I enjoyed the story but I must say that I found multiple spelling/grammar errors. I understand that sometimes that happens during formatting, but many misspellings, I don't believe, were not caused by conversion. Ms. Dub used "its'" throughout the novel, which isn't a word. The spelling errors didn't pull me out nearly as much as the phenomenal head-hopping. Unfortunately, Ms. Dub has no command of point of view.
That b
Rahiem Brooks
May 05, 2011 Rahiem Brooks rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rahiem by: Sherri A. Dub
Goddess Cottage was a refreshing new fiction. While the story began smoothly, it became interesting instantly. There's nothing like working and going through life and at 29 a man enters your job and announces that a long-left aunt requests your presence before they die. You turn to your mother, who evades the issue of taking you away and changing your name, but you're convinced by a friend to go. You're thinking money, but you're blessed with the knowledge that you have powers! Meet Sierra Katia ...more
(Nat) Reading Romances
I loved how the author mixed the witches with werewolves and created a story where they weren't just co-existing of helping each other, but depended on one another. I believe it is a page turner because of the characters. The main couple has a lot of chemistry and the tension between them is amazing! In some points I thought there was too much information and description going on and wanted it to be rushed and get to the action! I also found a few grammar issues that got my attention. The story ...more
Lexy Stewart
May 09, 2011 Lexy Stewart rated it it was amazing
Very fun paranormal to read. I cared about the characters and wanted to read more. This is the author's first book and I am impressed!
QueenB
Jun 15, 2011 QueenB added it
Shelves: dnf
Jessica Buike
I really enjoyed the action and fantastical events of this novel! Some of the editing and grammar could have been better, and I would have liked it to be less cliche overall, but it was still a good addition to it's fantasy genre. If I could change anything, it would be the romance as it was too glib and predictable, and perhaps develop the character of Mitch a little more. I would also stop the jumping around from each character's point of view, as it would be a more consistent and enjoyable st ...more
Sherri Dub
May 10, 2011 Sherri Dub rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book and love it.
I hope that you will give it a read, especially since I have it listed for .99 cents~on Ebook formats.
Once it goes to print, it won't come so cheap:)
However, I am proud of this book. The characters will live on for me, always. I have had several comments about making it into a trilogy, but I am not sold on the idea, yet.
Please give it a read and let me know what you think.
You can hit my website up, as well: http://www.sheropatra.com or the (LIKE) button on my FaceB
Amanda Carpenter
I enjoyed the story and plot that kept pulling me farther to see how it turned out. I liked the omniscient perspective because numerous books only let you see one characters view in the story. I liked how realistic the characters were even though they weren't all quite human. The only negative thing was the typographical errors that detracted a little from the story, but I think maybe that had to do with ebook format and low cost. I'm definitely interested in reading more by his new author!
Laurie Franco
Sep 03, 2012 Laurie Franco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book by a promising author.  The characters are well developed and likable.  My only complaint is that while there was a tease regarding Sierra's friend Mitch having some sort of power, it was never discussed.  I think that while Sierra's mother and Mitch were great, their characters definitely could have been given a greater role.  All in all, this was a very pleasant read and I was very happy with the way it ended up.
Sara Noble
Jul 15, 2011 Sara Noble rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goddess Cottage was such a fun read! I enjoyed the quirky and original plot, along with the sassy main characters. I will not post a summary here, but I will say that there were many typos and grammatical errors in this novel. I'm sure the author knows and will correct them promptly. I'm looking forward to some more engaging paranormal romance from Sherri Dub; keep writing, lady!
E.C. Sheedy
Jul 19, 2012 E.C. Sheedy rated it really liked it
Just wrote some of my thoughts down--and Goodreads nuked them. :-(

Anyway, GODDESS COTTAGE, was a super read, well-written with interesting and unique characters. I loved the setting--Alaska, rolled my eyes at the "mother" rooted for the heroine, Sierra, and I definitely owe the author some kind of medal for giving me a new affinity for werewolves. Go Hayden!

Well done.
Ann Harrison
Dec 29, 2011 Ann Harrison rated it really liked it
This book hit all the buttons for me. Humour, romance, sex, paranormal and intrigue all thrown into a fab story line. Very well written.
Linda Gwiazdowski
Oct 30, 2012 Linda Gwiazdowski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RELLY CUT STORY.ENJOYED THE INTERACTION OF CHARACTERS.
Sep 14, 2012 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This just didn't work for me. I didn't like how the POV jumped around...I didn't care for the characters...the story itself wasn't a bad idea but things just didn't come together for me.
Sofiapb
Sofiapb rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Teri Jackson
Teri Jackson rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Kevin Breaux
Kevin Breaux rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2011
Hayden Braeburn
Hayden Braeburn rated it liked it
May 08, 2011
Idil Bingöl
Idil Bingöl rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Myra Montemayor
Myra Montemayor rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2013
Joy
Joy rated it liked it
May 11, 2017
Witchspell
Witchspell rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2012
Lenore Wolfe
Lenore Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Barbie
Barbie rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Middlethought
Middlethought rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2017
  • Demon's Desire
  • Dying for You
  • The Demon Within (Peacekeeper #1)
  • Valley of Dust
  • How to Marry a Warlock in 10 Days (10 Days, #2)
  • Under the Moon (Goddesses Rising, #1)
  • Playing Havoc
  • Word and Breath (Wordless Chronicles, #1)
  • Heaven and Hell (Beautiful Beings, #2)
  • How Not to Save the World (A Remi Austin Adventure)
  • Welcome to Adelheid (Adelheid #1-3)
  • Dangerous Shift
  • Pure & Sinful (Pure Souls, #1)
  • Savant (The Luminether Series #1)
  • Hunter's Fall (The Hunters, #13)
  • Her Sweetest Downfall (Forever Girl, #1.5)
  • Balbena's Grave
  • Surrogate
Sherri has been writing all her life, but somehow life got in the way. She graduated college in 2003 with a BA in Anthropology from UAA~ After raising her son, seeing him married and off to the USAF, she and her husband moved from Alaska to Nevada and she began to pursue her writing career with enthusiasm.
In 2011, she published 3 books and hasn't looked back since.
Currently, she's writing both a
More about Sherri A. Dub...