Start by marking “Keep Out! Top Secret Places Governments Don't Want You to Know about” as Want to Read:
Keep Out! Top Secret Places Governments Don't Want You to Know about

Keep Out! Top Secret Places Governments Don't Want You to Know about

"Nick Redfern is the Brit with a knack for ferreting out all the dope on outrageous subjects."
--Jim Marrs, best-selling author of Alien Agenda

Area 51, Hangar 18, the Montauk facility, the Dulce Base, the undersea world of Sanya, HAARP in Alaska, Pine Gap, Fort Detrick, Rudloe Manor, and the Zhitkur underground realm--these are just a few of the select, highly classified in
Published December 22nd 2011 by New Page Books (first published November 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Out! Top Secret Places Governments Don't Want You to Know about

Clayton
Apr 25, 2012 Clayton rated it really liked it
I like everything Nick Redfern writes and this book is no exception. Redfern has a knack for taking potentially complex stories like the Philadelphia Experiment and making them accessible and entertaining. I really enjoyed his take on the Dulce base story in New Mexico.
Trekscribbler
Dec 29, 2011 Trekscribbler rated it really liked it
KEEP OUT!

You can always count of Nick Redfern for some quality conspiracy literature. He’s a recognized expert in areas of UFOs, Bigfoot, conspiracies, and other unsolved mysteries. His books have run the gamut from alien abduction to exposes on the infamous ‘Men in Black’ to the search for elusive creatures hidden in various environments around the world. In his latest book, KEEP OUT! TOP SECRET PLACES GOVERNMENTS DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT, he serves up a virtual smorgasbord of ‘whose-its’ a
Peter Longworth
Dec 18, 2011 Peter Longworth rated it liked it
Nick Redfern covers bizarre conspiracy theories and investigates top secret and off-limit places, basing his research on newspaper clippings, and what he has discovered from people's involvement with these places.

Redfern even looks at the 2012 doomsday prophecy and the ever increasing building construction of secret cavernous bases under the Whitehouse and cave structures. Wile he doesn't suggest an apocalyptic event will occur in 2012 he leaves it to the reader to interpret the construction of
Tricia
Apr 22, 2012 Tricia rated it it was ok
I thought it would be more than UFO related areas. About 75% was of this nature....
Charles Garard
Jun 23, 2014 Charles Garard rated it really liked it
Even though Nick Redfern's book is not a long one, I was reading through it while doing several other things and this caused me to take longer than I wished. KEEP OUT is not a dense read, and not really a scholarly piece, but he does provide documentation in the form of end-notes, an extensive bibliography, and a sizable index. Occasionally, he throws in a few sly asides which are amusing -- saying what the reader is probably, at that point, saying to himself or herself. Although he has a length ...more
M. Joseph Murphy
Jun 07, 2014 M. Joseph Murphy rated it it was amazing
Informative and fascinating read. Redfern is capable of doing something few writers in the field are capable of: he appears to remain objective and impartial.When dealing with conspiracy theories most writers are either fanatics or flat-earthers. Redfern provides specific, verifiable data and leaves the reader to form conclusions. We need more of this in the field.

As a writer, I'm constantly on the look out for story fodder. There is enough in here to feed any imagination.
Cathrine Bonham
May 25, 2014 Cathrine Bonham rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 1
Shelves: science-research
Meh, this book is all theory and little fact. I wish I hadn't wasted my time reading it cover to cover. In the future I'll just use the index to find the subject I'm interested in. I was particularly interested in the lore surrounding Wright Patterson Air Force base in Ohio since I live near there. The chapter on WWII was also interesting in that it gave credibility to the Indiana Jones movies. Other than that the book was all speculation.
Todd
The reports of the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah and Porton Downs, UK are the only really notable topics in this book. Stories of secret government germ warfare experiments and the suspicious deaths that make up much of the evidence are truly scary to me.
Patrik
Mar 31, 2015 Patrik rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The book starts in a great way but then it slows down and gets into crazy conspiration theories... It should have been 50 pages shorter.
Edward
Oct 27, 2015 Edward rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cultural-nonfic
It was ok. Seemed really interesting, but just could not get into the book.
Nick Woodall
Interesting book! I had never really heard of most of these, so it was good to get some new information about a lot of these governmental installations.
Andy
Oct 11, 2013 Andy rated it really liked it
This was a great read that puts together all of the wacky conspiracy theories of military bases in one spot.
Les Gehman
Nov 11, 2013 Les Gehman rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, non-fiction
Interesting and well written, but lots of speculation based on little or no evidence.
Daryl Bowe
Jun 06, 2014 Daryl Bowe rated it really liked it
Makes you think, who an I trust? This book is written well and doesn't try and say that every rumor is true, it simply lets you know what rumors are associated with what secret installation.
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
PAUL FRANKLIN
PAUL FRANKLIN rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Timothy Deel
Timothy Deel rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2016
Unamariah
Unamariah rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Pkfrancis
Pkfrancis rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2015
Reshmi William
Reshmi William rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2014
David Poole
David Poole rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Chris Bartus
Chris Bartus rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Sydney Squidney
Sydney Squidney rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Dennis Bays
Dennis Bays rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Markus
Markus rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Lea
Lea rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Kirstin
Kirstin rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Owen McClintic
Owen McClintic rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Manny
Manny rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
  • Programmed to Kill: The Politics of Serial Murder
  • Dreamland: Travels Inside the Secret World of Roswell and Area 51
  • Messages: The World's Most Documented Extraterrestrial Contact Story
  • Operation Trojan Horse
  • Sinister Forces—The Manson Secret: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft
  • Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination
  • Mirage Men: An Adventure into Paranoia, Espionage, Psychological Warfare, and UFOs
  • A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact
  • The True Story of the Bilderberg Group
  • Exo-Vaticana: Petrus Romanus, Project Lucifer, and the Vatican's Astonishing Exo-Theological Plan for the Arrival of an Alien Savior
  • The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time
  • Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up
  • Jack the Ripper and Black Magic: Victorian Conspiracy Theories, Secret Societies and the Supernatural Mystique of the Whitechapel Murders
5612029
Nick Redfern is a British best-selling author, Ufologist and Cryptozoologist who has been an active advocate of official disclosure, and has worked to uncover thousands of pages of previously-classified Royal Air Force, Air Ministry and Ministry of Defence files on UFOs dating from the Second World War from the Public Record Office.

He has has appeared on a variety of television programmes in the
More about Nick Redfern...