Start by marking “The Next Passage (Alternamorphs, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Next Passage (Alternamorphs, #2)

The Next Passage (Alternamorphs #2)

In a "choose your own adventure" story, the reader must decide what to do when an alien demands a mysterious blue box in return for not killing the reader's character's father.
Published April 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Next Passage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Passage

Jay
Jan 02, 2013 Jay rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, 2013
My son loves the Animorphs books right now. I read this one so I would be more familiar with some of the characters. I probably needed to know more about the series before trying to read one where I choose the directions of parts of the story. I can see why he liked this one, though. He'd probably rate it a 4.
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it it was amazing
I seriously wish they would have made more of these. I loved "Choose your own adventure" style books and since I loved Animorphs so much this was the perfect compliment.
Josiah
Feb 02, 2015 Josiah rated it did not like it
For whatever ambiguities of continuity and purpose you'll run into in The Next Passage, this has the dry makings of a good book. There's nothing wrong with the writing of K.A. Applegate, which I understand to be a pen name for an author other than Katherine Applegate and/or Michael Grant in the Alternamorphs gamebook series. The story's descriptions are smart and well-crafted, the work of someone who knows what he or she is doing with a narrative. Some of the book's choices are interesting, mak ...more
Stephanie
   Taking into consideration what this book attempts to do: this is a vast improvement from Alternamorphs #1 The First Journey. I’d almost give this 3 stars (almost) because it improved on some key points which were pretty big fails in The First Journey:

- Wrong choices did not lead to immediate death (though inevitable death was maybe 2 choices away at most) meaning it was also more “fun”,
- Being much more “canon”-accurate and correct,
- Having a slightly more complex narrative & choice
Julie Decker
Aug 07, 2014 Julie Decker rated it did not like it
THIS IS A CHOOSE-YOUR-OWN-ADVENTURE-STYLE ANIMORPHS BOOK. IT IS NOT PART OF THE CANON (and, as a personal aside, is not recommended by me). The book allows you, the reader, to "become" part of the Animorphs by putting you essentially in the position of the canon character David, then presenting you with a series of decisions (choose-your-own adventure style) to dictate the plot. Story elements of book #20, book #26, and Megamorphs #2 are incorporated, allowing the reader to pick morphs. Despite ...more
Swankivy
Aug 29, 2008 Swankivy rated it did not like it
Hey you guys?

Animorphs was not supposed to be "Choose Your Own Adventure."

I'm really glad they didn't make any more of these.

The question for me, now, is why I read this one when the first one was so awful. . . .

Notable:

This book was ghostwritten by Tonya Alicia Martin.

The events of the Alternamorphs books are not written into the canon whatsoever.
Rebecca McNutt
May 02, 2015 Rebecca McNutt rated it it was ok
I had this book back in the fifth grade (2009). It was fun for about an hour or two, but now I just consider it as having nostalgic value and very little else to offer. I think the novelty wears off when you're older.
Darcy
Aug 09, 2016 Darcy rated it it was ok
Took a break from the beginning of the end. Yawn.
Izlinda
Dec 07, 2010 Izlinda rated it it was ok
This was a little worse than the first one. :S At least for one ending, there's a choice.
Lauren
My review for this is basically the same as for the first one.
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Havva
Havva rated it did not like it
Sep 29, 2007
Amanda Stier
Amanda Stier rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2012
Rachel Probst
Rachel Probst rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2016
Racheh
Racheh rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2009
Christopher Matthew
Christopher Matthew rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Tom
Tom rated it liked it
May 16, 2012
Kameron
Kameron rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2010
???
??? rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2011
Sebastian Brown
Sebastian Brown rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2012
Idalia
Idalia rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Jack
Jack rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2009
Putra Wira
Putra Wira rated it it was ok
May 17, 2012
Aislyn
Aislyn rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2012
Peter Liu
Peter Liu rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2010
Joshua
Joshua rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Mary Pickrahn
Mary Pickrahn rated it did not like it
Feb 18, 2012
Glynnis
Glynnis rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2009
  • The Wishing Stone (Spooksville, #9)
  • Cry of the Cat (Goosebumps Series 2000, #1)
  • Mary Anne and the Library Mystery (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #13)
  • Sneaking In (Sweet Valley University, #42)
  • Help! I'm Trapped In My Teacher's Body
  • Nim at Sea (Nim #2)
  • The Last Shot
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...

Alternamorphs (2 books)
  • The First Journey (Alternamorphs, #1)