Start by marking “Bone Key (Supernatural, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bone Key (Supernatural, #3)

Bone Key (Supernatural #3)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  2,360 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
"Tahun Baru Winchester bersaudara diganggu serangkaian hantu yang tiba-tiba menggila di Key West. Tahun Baru Winchester bersaudara diganggu serangkaian hantu yang tiba-tiba menggila di Key West.

Curiga kejadian itu ada hubungannya dengan para setan yang keluar dari Gerbang Iblis, Sam dan Dean segera mengunjungi kepulauan di selatan benua Amerika itu.

Dan hantu-hantu orang
Published May 4th 2011 by Elex Media (first published August 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bone Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bone Key

Jamie
May 18, 2012 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-spn
Lots of mixed feelings on this Supernatural-based novel. It wasn't bad, especially for being a spin-off from a tv series, yet was far from impressive. The best paranormal-hunting brothers are always worth reading about.

**Warning if you have not seen at least the first 2 season of the tv series, this review may contain spoilers for you**

This story takes Sam and Dean to Key West. It takes place during the tv series' season three. Dean is trying to live up his last year, Sam wants to find a way to
Carys
Dec 02, 2011 Carys rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
1.5
A combination of a potentially great story and complete cheesiness in the end.

The potential is in 'the mysterious ancient power looking for revenge'. Though it is dubious how evil that power is, it could have been a great story. Until the cheese fest near the end of the book. It got so bad that I was embarrassed.

Jeneé
Feb 06, 2013 Jeneé rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, urban-fantasy
I tend to be very picky when it comes to reading the Supernatural novels, because like most books that are based on a TV show, they can be pretty bad. So before I read one I read as many reviews as I can. This one surprisingly had pretty good reviews and I'm not sure why. I ended up skipping Nevermore because it was reviewed poorly and read Witch's Canyon first. Which I enjoyed it was fairly spot on when it came to the characters and the story was entertaining. I should have realized when pickin ...more
Melissa
Wow, I've seriously got a love-hate relationship with these books. Love: they give me something to do while it's not Supernatural Tuesday (or Wednesday, since I live in Belgium). Hate: I don't even like reading them half of the time. But I can't stop! What is this black magic?
I had high hopes for this one, still turned out to be disappointing. All characters were as flat as paper, even Sam an Dean. I had to roll my eyes at a couple of their overambitious one-liners and there was something off a
Kelly Flanagan
Feb 04, 2010 Kelly Flanagan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to 'based on TV type books my assumptions aren't very high. So going ito this book I was not expecting very big words or much begond a fluffed up script from a tv episode.
Well, I'm at least happy to say that i was wrong there. The book may be an adaptation, and as such the characters follow there on screen personal exactly, but the book is well written, and I will admitt to giggling a few times out loud. :P
Oceana2602
Ah, this is more like it! Sam and Dean go down to Key West to hunt ghosts. what's not to like?

I liked this book better than "Witch's Canyon", because the story was more what I had expected from these kinds of books. Where "Witch's Canyon" just introduced tons of OCs seemingly without direction, Bone Key creates OCs, people you get to know and who actually play a part in the things that are about to happen.

And there's tons of things going on, starting with Sam and Dean going down to Key West, to
oxana
Jul 18, 2008 oxana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Supernatural (tv series), and those interested in the paranormal.
This would be 4 and stars, but since that rating isn’t possible, I will lower it to 4.

“Bone Key” was pretty much like its fellow books, “Nevermore” and “Witch’s Canyon”; full of light teasing between the brothers Dean and Sam, little hints towards the TV show (some bigger than others), and action mingled with light but solid story-telling, which keeps your nose glued to the pages and doesn’t make a dull read on the worst of days.

As a story, “Bone Key” is traditional Supernatural quality. The th
graveyardgremlin (formerly faeriemyst)
While I like the idea behind this, it just didn't come together very well. Part of the problem may have been that there were too many viewpoints from characters that usually had no other purpose than to die. A few of these would have been fine, but there was more than enough. The characterizations of Sam and Dean were on maybe half the time -- maybe -- though I'd venture closer to forty percent. Bobby fared better after a somewhat strange beginning. Some of the dialogue was so badly worded I cou ...more
Emily G
Dec 18, 2008 Emily G rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no-one who likes SPN
I don't think I've ever given a book two stars before, and I thought that this story wasn't going to be too bad, despite both Dean and Sam having hazel eyes. The story is set in Florida and I do love the idea of the Winchester brothers being in touristy areas together, plus the bad guy is a good one (if you know what I mean!). However, the characterisation for the boys just goes from bad to worse through the book. The way that Dean and Sam interact doesn't work for me most of the time, and the d ...more
Susanne
May 11, 2010 Susanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
This is my second-read Supernatural book and I enjoyed it even more than the first. Granted, I disagree with the characterizations of Dean and Sam (and Hemingway for that matter). But I thought the Key West location was well done and the plot was very Supernatural-esque. (Although I agree with other reviewers, what's up with leaving the job unfinished?) Also, the whole stinky thing? Why are the brothers being portrayed as clean-adverse?

I am thinking the Supernatural book series needs a FEMALE wr
Sierra Rose
Oct 08, 2010 Sierra Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
John
Mar 05, 2012 John rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
How does a writer with so much experience crank out such a lousy novel? Especially when he has the Supernatural universe to play around in! Terrible plotting, dull pacing, painful dialog, and cheesy humor run rampant throughout. I know it's just a TV tie-in novel, but still. Sam and Dean come across as being incompetent, and it's a major plot hole of the book that they didn't get killed at some point. And what's up with all the lame attempts at comedy? And running into the ghosts of Harry S. Tru ...more
Chelsey
May 20, 2012 Chelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that Keith R. A. DeCandido is my favorite author when it comes to the supernatural book series, he is funny, easy to read, and hard to put down. I also love that he includes a music list that goes along with his books along with a placement for his books within the supernatural tv. That not only get me engaged in the books using my love for the tv series but, also it helps to know a little back story without reading an annoyingly long prologue.

This was a great story placed in Key West, F
Sarah Maddaford
This book got fairly close to reading like an episode of Supernatural. Dean, Sam and Bobby are in character and react to things the way I expected. I was a bit disappointed at the pacing and the method of defeating the bad guy. The pacing couldn't be helped because an episode of Supernatural goes much faster than any book could. Beating the bad guy though was a bit more deus ex machina or out-of-character or something than I prefer. It would have been better to have some kind of spell or somethi ...more
Summer Robinson
Jan 29, 2013 Summer Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book if you are a fan of the show. I don't think it would make much sense to someone who has not watched the series, and it wouldn't be very enjoyable. Some mis spellings, and an annoying use of Z in place of S. For example "skillz" instead of "skills". Overall a good read for a fan.
Hazel
Feb 12, 2010 Hazel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love supernatural! I actually really enjoyed this book. It read just like an episode of the show(not one of the most amazing episodes but a good one none the less). It would be interesting to actually see this book as an episode.
Jo
Mar 04, 2009 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new literary adventure for the Winchester boys. The books are great for being able to take them to locations the show can't. There are only so many places Vancouver can emulate on mainland America and sadly, Florida isn't one of them. Enjoyable romp for anybody who's a fan of the show
Leslie ( Cerridwen)
Like to see the boys have a little fun in the sun in Key West. Also liked to see that they got to talk to one of the spirits , and develope a friendly relationship somewhat, with them.
It wasn't quite as funny as the other books, but still a good read between between series breaks.
Erin
Aug 20, 2008 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, but I liked the other 2 better...towards the end it got a little "out there" even for Supernatural standards.
Kendra
It was exciting and I blazed through it in one day. The way they introduced the other ghosts was really cool, and I liked the addition of Hemingway. Very cool.
Nathalie
Feb 19, 2012 Nathalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Absolutely loved it. Want to read the next book in the series.
Taylor
Oct 07, 2011 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved this book. it should have been an episode for sure. that would have been awesome to see.
OneOfNyn
Mar 10, 2017 OneOfNyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read! This show is hands down one of my favorite and I've been following it for years. The characterization of Dean in the beginning of the book was a little off--he's more of a "dude" person than a "bro" person, but once the story really got going he shifted in the right direction. Sam and Dean's attitude towards each other and others around them were pretty spot on from my point-of-view. It was also nice to get inside their head's for a little while in such a stressful time in the seri ...more
Khara
Dec 16, 2016 Khara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I much prefered this story then the authors previouse Supernatural book, Nevermore.
Bone key had much more action, interesting charactes, less boring unimportant details, and was just a better story. It was a lot more fast paced as well.
As usual Sam and Dean have to stop a demon from killing everyone.
This time they're down in the Florida Keys investigating a series of multiple, super charged spirit occurances happening one after another.
This book has posessed dolls, presidents, Indians and Hemi
Heather
I love how Sam and Dean interact with each other because it's realistic and they share some amusing moments. My favorite ghost was the captain from the motel they were staying at because he had a great story and he irritated Dean. Having Bobby help them out was awesome since he knew all the lore and he was being a great friend. Even Montrose was a nice addition to the plot since it was cool having a police officer on their side. It was a very good entertainment read.
H Hardy
Mar 01, 2017 H Hardy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I enjoyed the setting of Key West and the story was edge of your seat. The author did a lot better with Dean and Sam than the first book he wrote. However, he still makes Dean seem like a ding-dong sometimes. The boys have to fight The Last Calusa, which was an interesting foe.
Hope
Jan 22, 2017 Hope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable book for Supernatural fans, sometimes a bit out of character, and several references to the show. Indeed, some of these references come with a new level of irony for watchers of the later seasons!
Liz
Feb 07, 2017 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, horror
Although with a rather interesting and unique story line, it fell a little flat for me. Sam and Dean seemed to be nearly oblivious to the evidence in front of them which isn't authentic to their television characters. (Throughout, I wondered if the author was even a fan of the show.) It was fun how some famous people's ghosts came into the story, and were even quite talkative and interactive with Sam and Dean, but it just didn't feel right. There was so much going on in this story, evil dolls, g ...more
Tyler Hill
Jan 14, 2017 Tyler Hill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome.
  • The Unholy Cause (Supernatural, #5)
  • Witch's Canyon (Supernatural, #2)
  • Night Terror (Supernatural, #9)
  • War of the Sons (Supernatural, #6)
  • Coyote's Kiss (Supernatural, #8)
  • Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 3 (Supernatural : The Official Companion, #3)
  • Fresh Meat (Supernatural, #11)
  • Carved in Flesh (Supernatural, #12)
  • Rising Son
  • In the Hunt: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural
  • John Winchester's Journal (Supernatural)
  • Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting (Supernatural)
  • The Mythology of Supernatural: The Signs and Symbols Behind the Popular TV Show
  • Supernatural -  Beginning's End Issue #1

Supernatural (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Nevermore (Supernatural, #1)
  • Witch's Canyon (Supernatural, #2)
  • Heart of the Dragon (Supernatural, #4)
  • The Unholy Cause (Supernatural, #5)
  • War of the Sons (Supernatural, #6)
  • One Year Gone (Supernatural, #7)
  • Coyote's Kiss (Supernatural, #8)
  • Night Terror (Supernatural, #9)
  • Rite of Passage (Supernatural, #10)
  • Fresh Meat (Supernatural, #11)

“No, he focused on the one thing that he knew would keep him grounded the way the demon said he'd need to be.
"Take your brother outside as fast as you can - don't look back. Now, Dean, go!"
Sam's not dying. Not on my watch. You protect your family no matter what.
I'm coming for you, Sammy. Just hold tight.
And don't look back.

He opened his eyes. Behind him, he could hear Kat's voice muttering an incantation in a language he didn't recognize. It wasn't Latin, certainly. Since it was demon magic, it was probably some language that was even more dead than Latin.
The chanting stopped.
Dean screamed.”
13 likes
“Who's the genius who thought replacing Dick Clark with Ryan Seacrest was a good idea?” 3 likes