They Ate Peaches

They Ate Peaches

4.71 of 5 stars 4.71  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A New York surgeon travels to Israel, following his new friend, Jacob. Together with war-ravaged Charlie Weiss, they discover unconditional love, a love not bound by gender, nationality or religion, or convention, and together strive to bridge the gap between Jews and Arabs.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about They Ate Peaches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Ate Peaches

AmandaLyn Donogal
Love isn't easy. It's particularly difficult for Jacob, David and Charlie. Damn, I loved Charlie. A lot of great characters here in a story that reachs inside and tugs at your guts.
Pl
In this erotic novel, 'They Ate Peaches', author David Smith brings together a disparate trio. A young man Jacob leaves Israel to see New York City. There he falls in love with a surgeon David and together they return to Israel. Jacob's friend Charlene, known as Charlie, has lost a leg in one of the many conflicts that erupt in the area.

Together they explore love and refute the gender and labels each carries. On a drive through the desert, a suicide bomber at a fake checkpoint blows himself up...more
Tom Bryde
talk about fighting stacked odds. A man in love with a man, they welcome a woman into their relationship, but they do this despite religious and historical hatred in Israel. Wow.
Mary Cote
This is a beautiful story of love in a place where hate surrounds them. Tragic, warm, poignant, this story is one you will never forget.
Ken
First I want to thank David for making sure I received a copy. I had won a copy to review via first-reads that wound up being lost in the mail. Dave stayed in touch with me and made sure I got one. Very stand-up guy :) Now for the review ;)

I was hoping I could have gotten into the story just a little bit more, while still being filled with detail, passion, compassion and about the power of strength and love and seeing where that road may take you (or for the characters too ;)... I found it overa...more
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Shavauna
Shavauna marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Nishi
Nishi marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Amberbartlett
Amberbartlett marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
Trish
Trish added it
Apr 18, 2012
Arzella
Arzella marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2011
Sammy Keyes
Sammy Keyes marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2011
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2011
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Alanna Ayers
Alanna Ayers marked it as to-read
Rhonda Birchfield
Rhonda Birchfield marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Mark Mccarragher
Mark Mccarragher marked it as to-read
Sara Rhiannon
Sara Rhiannon marked it as to-read
Sharen
Sharen marked it as to-read
LoRi
LoRi marked it as to-read
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2011
Kayla Embry
Kayla Embry marked it as to-read
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Marian
Marian marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
We consider Dave to be a true renaissance man who hangs his hat in sunny Southern California. Dave also sings. Used to sing long ago-now I occasionally growl!!!!

The above was written by my publisher-well not the growl shit. Don't ya love the way these things are written?

We consider Dave to be a true renaissance man. Damn I think I will change it!
More about David Smith...
Torture in the Garden of Eden Outskirts of Insanity Cocktails with Burty: A Prose-Etry Anthology As I Wander Through The Book of Life Saskatchewan