Start by marking “Lewis and Clark: A Prairie Dog for the President” as Want to Read:
Lewis and Clark: A Prairie Dog for the President

Lewis and Clark: A Prairie Dog for the President

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In 1803, President Thomas Jefferson sends Lewis and Clark out west to explore. He tells them to make maps, draw pictures, and collect plants. Most importantly, he tells them to send presents. What kind of present is good enough for a president? Illustrations.
Published May 27th 2003 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lewis and Clark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lewis and Clark

Eva Leger
Julia liked this more than she usually seems to with stories based on fact. I personally love non-fiction and even though I read a lot of fiction of different sorts, in my heart, non-fiction is set in place. I kind of always assumed Julia would love the genre as much as I did. But she really hasn't - not to the degree I'd like to see anyway. Maybe she'll be more of a fiction lover.
She can't read well enough to read this alone so we read this one together. She's not into history or geography enou
Jennifer Oaks
This book is an excellent representation of the expedition of Lewis and Clark. It shows what they found on their expedition and how they came up with the name for the prairie dog.
Sharlene Spencer
This story of Lewis and Clark has humorous illustrations. The story and characters are true. A good book to have in the classroom for discussions on exploring.
Catherine Woodman
This whole series is a good introduction to famous folks at a casual level
Cassi
Great book for 2-5th grade on learning about the adventures of Lewis and Clark!
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Tyler Robards
Tyler Robards marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Nov 21, 2014
Elise
Elise added it
Nov 19, 2014
Paulaine Sanon
Paulaine Sanon marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Lucas
Lucas added it
Aug 24, 2014
Ms. Holly's Class
Ms. Holly's Class marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fairies! A True Story Patriots in Petticoats: Heroines of the American Revolution Tentacles!: Tales of the Giant Squid Rosemary's Glove The Dog That Dug for Dinosaurs