Baby Brains and RoboMom

Baby Brains and RoboMom (Baby Brains)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Kids will giggle and parents will smile (a bit sheepishly) as the world’s smartest tyke invents a robot that does the chores, and then some.

Everyone knows that Baby Brains is the smartest baby in the universe. He’s certainly clever enough to see how tired Mom and Dad seem to get keeping house and looking after him. Then Baby Brains has a big idea. He puts his genius to wor...more
Published March 25th 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published September 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Brains and RoboMom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Brains and RoboMom

Boy and Bot by Ame DyckmanMr. Wuffles! by David WiesnerDoug Unplugged by Dan YaccarinoClink by Kelly DiPucchioOh No! by Mac Barnett
Science Fiction Picture Books
13th out of 109 books — 10 voters
Boy and Bot by Ame DyckmanDoug Unplugged by Dan YaccarinoMr. Wuffles! by David WiesnerEarthlets by Jeanne WillisJune 29, 1999 by David Wiesner
SF Picture Books
24th out of 41 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

midnightfaerie
A cute story about a kid trying to help out a mom who does too much. My 5 yr old loves to have this one read to him and to read it himself. One he can relate to and enjoy, it's a great addition to our children's library.
Heidi
Ages 4-6
To help his exhausted parents, Baby Brains invents Robomom to take over all the chores, including looking after him. After Robomom bathes and tucks in Baby Brains, he realizes that he prefers his parents. Life deteriorates when Robomom serves oil-drenched nuts and bolts for breakfast and washes Baby Brains with the dishes. Kids will enjoy Baby Brains ingenuity, but I much prefer Iggy Peck the Architect.
Barbara
Baby Brains books are a popular re-read with my preschooler, what with the baby being much smarter than all the adults around, but they're also good for parents who may need a reminder that kids just need to be regular kids and imperfect moms are better than "perfect" robomoms.
The Styling Librarian
Baby Brains The Smartest Baby in the Whole World and Baby Brains and Robomum by Simon James – The Smartest baby in the whole world – what I love the most about these books? “I want my mummy!” Besides that, Simon James is darn brilliant. Love the illustrations and humor combination, he never fails to have that perfect balance.
Tracy Morton
A really smart baby creates a robotic mom but discovers that a real mom is still better.
Sam
What's Robomom doing? I scared of bacuum cleaner. (Sam liked this book. His mom liked that the robot mom had smoke coming out of her ears after trying to do everything moms do in a typical day.)
Crystal
Sep 10, 2012 Crystal rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Parents with young children
Shelves: children-s
A cute concept book about a genius baby and the parents he was born to, AND his inventions. His invention created to help his poor tired mom goes a bit awry and it's the real mom to the rescue! Even though it goes awry, it doesn't stop him from trying again. A cute little book that had my 3 year old asking for it again and again. Robot books for young children are difficult to find, and this does a good job with the topic.
Rosa
Baby Brains notices that mom is tired so he creates a robot to help her. Unfortunately the robot tries to do too much and Baby Brains misses his parents and it blows up. This book was okay, for whatever reason, it just didn't wow me.
Dolly
May 05, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2012, childrens, science, pets
This is a fun and fantastic story about a baby genius who loves to invent and wants to create a robot to help out Mom. The story is entertaining and the illustrations are humorous, too. We enjoyed reading this story together.
Sylvia
Very silly. Super smart baby creates a robot to help out his parents and wants his real mom after all. Some of the kids really really loved this story and the book has become a favourite to take out of the library.
David
I have to admit that I have an obsession with books about genius children, and this book definitely fits into that category. My kids really liked it, too. David's eyes lit up.
Megan
We LOVE baby brains around here. There is just something so delightful about a genius baby. Not as fabulous as the first book, but we still feel like we have to own each one.
Lauren
Smart baby makes a robot to relieve some stress from his parents, but even a robomom can't deal with the pressure. Illustrations remind me of James Stevenson's.
oplkids
Baby Brains, the smartest baby in the world, decides to build a robot to help his parents do household chores. At first everything goes well, but then...
Molly
I've loved all the Baby Brains books, and this one was also a hit with my preschooler (mostly because Baby Brains uses all kids of tools this time!)
Frank
Frank really enjoyed this story, and asked all sorts of questions, which is what he does when he's really interested or intrigued by and idea/book.
Marie
Easy to see where this is going, but moms may enjoy the reminder that they enjoy being moms and kids will have fun with the idea of a robot mom.
Cassie
Even smart babies need their mom! Baby Brains learns that lesson in this latest book by Simon James. Check out the other Baby Brains books as well.
Julia
A very smart baby who makes a robot assistant for his mom. Robomom goes crazy and the family is back to normal (almost).
Ronna
Even the smartest baby in the world realizes that all the work a mom puts into a baby is worth the effort!
Chili Public
Great story for moms to read to their kids, because it lets mom's know how important they are!
Anica
DJ loves books about robots, and this was one was really cute. It reminded me a lot of him.
Cathy
Inspired Kathy
Baby Brains is a hit at our house. Especially when he calls out "I want my mommy!"
Beverly
Very funny story and illustrations. The baby is cute as a button.
Courtney
Bobo's favorite was the mini robot at the end.
Zonia
Nov 13, 2012 Callie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Cute.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Simon James is the award-winning author-illustrator of many children’s books, including such favorites as DEAR GREENPEACE, LEON AND BOB, and the Baby Brains series. His stories often concern a child’s relationship with the natural world. Simon James lives in England.
More about Simon James...
Dear Mr. Blueberry Baby Brains: The Smartest Baby in the Whole World George Flies South Ancient Rome Nurse Clementine