Mirror Maze

Mirror Maze

2.46 of 5 stars 2.46  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Jacob Aldridge is still utterly devastated by the death of his fiance, when he suddenly encounters her doppelganger. Livia Aram's uncanny resemblance to the late Rhoda Carothers so transcends coincidence that Jacob becomes obsessed with her. The intensity of his passion terrifies her until her compassion is roused by his desperate plight. A demon is stalking him, a succubu...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Pyr (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mirror Maze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirror Maze

April
Oct 18, 2011 April marked it as didnotfinish
No rating because this is a DNF. I couldn't finish because I persevered through to page 116, following characters that had no interest for me in the hopes that things would pick up and was disappointed. Sadly the 'pick up' seemed to me like a scene from a serial killer movie and I just couldn't continue.

If you like cold-blooded killers and people who murder beloved pets without an qualms this might be for you. Just not for me.
Melissa
I have to say that I know I'm going to have a hard time reviewing this book. First, I did think this was YA but it is an adult book. There are allusions to smex, but nothing overtly descriptive so the YA crowd could read this one quite easily. It is also full of descriptions from history and fully vetted in a Victorian setting. There is even a few definitions at the back of the book for those who are curious about a certain phrase or specific event or item. So, the book was well researched for t...more
Susie
I love mysteries and fantasy-this had doppelgangers and communicating/traveling through a mirror portal. I did finish it as I wanted to know what happened. I felt a bit more confused than fascinated! Still an interesting time period (Victorian times) and the historical bits were fun.
Brittney
I'm giving this a 1 star, and I have dropped this book. This had a very interesting premise for me, but sadly the book just didn't follow through. Not only did I have a hard time getting into what I read, I felt the book should have ended (view spoiler). I'm sure there's a reason why the story continued, I couldn't get far enough to find out. Things just seemed to get odd, and I had an extremely hard time suspending my disbelief i...more
Honey
I gave it one star because I started it and didn't finish. This book was no fun to read. The romantic parts were boring, and the fantasy parts didn't make any sense. The author kept alluding to things that happened in the past as dry anecdote which was a shame because nothing was really happening in the story that couldn't have been enlivened by a site trip to another place.
Ashley
This book is wonderful and very well written and i would definitely recommend it. The book had great vocabulary and the author described everything in great detail which i really loved. So if you love books with romance, mystery, and a little bit of horror you would love this book.
Darshan Elena
I wanted to lose myself within this book, but it just felt limp at times... so much so that I stopped reading at the midpoint. The characters seemed lacking in desire or meaningful motivation. There was potential, to be sure, but the novel was rather lackluster in execution.
Katherine
I could not get through this boo. The premise sounded interesting and I liked the cover. The writing is soooo stilted and I felt absolutely no connection to the characters. Livia is insipid and annoying and the others were no better.
Karen Brennan
Interesting concept; overall decently written but it could have been longer - it was a little choppy in parts. My main problem with it is that I just didn't like most of the characters - it was a little cold when dealing with them.
Denise
I really enjoyed this, although I'm not normally a big science fiction reader. My friend I worked with at AT&T is the author of the book, so I wanted to check it out. I was not disappointed!
Tina
At the beginning it felt as if I will not finish this book, but I'm glad I continued reading. Loved the vocabulary, characters and the plot in the story line.
Mei-Ling
This book started out well but was too jumbled and disconnected with the four sections...maybe the sequel will wrap it up more neatly?
Kelly
Apr 11, 2012 Kelly marked it as shellfish
Do not want due to plot elements.
Audi
i couldn't even finish it. blah.
Missy Lag

Kind of confusing.
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Siti Nur Ain
Siti Nur Ain marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Junaid Anwer
Junaid Anwer marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Peter Centorcelli
Peter Centorcelli marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Atb
Atb marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Pyr
Pyr added it
Jul 26, 2013
Patrick W
Patrick W marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Marie
Marie added it
Apr 29, 2013
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Blade Light The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction (July/August 2012) The Crimson Pact Volume 5 The Crimson Pact Volume Four (The Crimson Pact #4) Infinite Science Fiction One