Senior Moments Are Murder

Senior Moments Are Murder (Paul Jacobson Geezer-Lit Mystery #3)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Imagine waking up in a place you didn't recognize, not remembering anything from the day before and then finding a dead body. Cantankerous octogenarian Paul Jacobson must solve a series of murders while struggling with the problems of his short-term memory loss. Paul learns about the homeless community, disreputable art dealers and the beach scene in Venice Beach, Californ...more
Published August 17th 2011 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Senior Moments Are Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Senior Moments Are Murder

Ed
#3 in the Paul Jacobson Geezer-lit mysteries. This 2011 entry follows directly on the heels of Living with Your Kids Is Murder (2009). Entry #2 immediately followed #1, Retirement Homes Are Murder (2007). Having the series entries follow each other by weeks is probably a good idea when your protagonist is an octogenarian, especially if you plan on an ongoing series. Jacobson has a short term memory problem; he forgets the prior five years whenever he falls asleep and only reboots his memory by r...more
Bonnie Ramthun
This is my favorite of the Geezer-Lit series by Mike Befeler, though I'm a big fan of all of them. This tale of Paul Jacobson, an octogenarian who suffers from short term memory loss, is fast paced, witty, laugh out loud funny and totally charming. Paul can't remember who he is when he wakes up and though he occasionally remembers to read the notes he leaves by his bedside, he often wakes and sees in amazement that he's snuggled next to a gorgeous young chick in her seventies. (He always finds o...more
Cathy Cole
In this third entry in the Geezer Lit series, Paul and his fiancée are in Venice Beach, California, preparing for their wedding. When Paul decides to take an early morning walk, he discovers a body floating in the canal, and once the police discover that the victim is someone Paul had argued with, the cantankerous old geezer has his hands full getting himself off the Most Wanted list.

The books in this series are, by design, formulaic. The only way Paul Jacobson has of combating his memory loss i...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This novel is the third in a series about a man living with short-term memory who simply tries to live his life and crime seems to 'happen' wherever he is.

Paul Jacobson awakens in a strange bedroom, next to a lovely, but strange woman, and doesn't know to look around to find clues there. Instead he gets dressed quietly and heads out to the beach. Wait a minute...this isn't Hawaii? Where am I?

Paul is able to remember events six years older and back, so he quickly realized he was in Venice Beach,...more
Donnell Bell
I have added anything by Mike Befeler to my to be read list. He's an ingenious plotter and I love his protagonist Paul Jacobsen who's a hoot. A crusty old man with a quick temper, Paul also has another problem. While he ordinarily has a high I.Q. with a photographic memory, he has what Paul himself calls “foggy brain cells.” Meaning if he goes to sleep, the unthinkable happens and he loses his memory of what happened in the days before. One thing, and one thing only, keeps him from losing his me...more
Diane Heath
Book 3 in the "Geezer-lit" mysteries finds Paul Jacobson waking up in a new place (Venice, California) with an unknown woman (Marian). He goes for a walk and discovers the body of an unknown man. A typical Jacobson day.
Susan
Paul Jacobson is about to remarry--that is, if his problem--awakening with no memory of the previous several years--doesn't get him in trouble with the police. Of course, being the one to find three dead bodies is not the way to avoid trouble. Paul's charming wife, her teenaged grandson, and Paul's own granddaughter, safely home in Colorado, give advice, but it's Paul whose fractured brain has to put the puzzle pieces together.
Patt
I was disappointed in this book. I loved the first two in the Geezer Lit series, but this one was too much of the same thing. Not enough excitement in this book. Just how often can an elderly man with memory loss be in the place where murders take place and become the suspect. Not reading any more in this series if they are published.
Catherine
In book three, Paul Jacobson copes better with his short-term memory issue, with the help of his new bride Marion, and an assortment of sympathetically drawn homeless people. As he stumbles onto murder, Paul discovers the cut-throat art world of Venice Beach, CA. Senior Moments Are Murder was another fun read in this series.
Stephanie
This book was enjoyable to read and because I liked it I do plan to put the other books on my to read list. However, some of the events were so ridiculous that I found myself saying, "Oh come on really?"

Easy to read, good vacation book.
Steve
Really enjoyed it. Really starting to care about the main characters, and Paul finally goes through the book without making total bone-headed questionable decisions.
Elizabeth
Fun, light romp with dementia. Nice break from any heavy kind of reading. Third in the series.
Nancy Haddock
Another fun installment with a fabulous character!
Doreen
This is a great new author. Loved it!
Harlequin Books
Category: Mystery
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Hauser
Hauser marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Eleanor Willett
Eleanor Willett marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Gchris
Gchris is currently reading it
May 25, 2014
Krystle Kouture
Krystle Kouture marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Mike Befeler writes the humorous Paul Jacobson "Geezer Lit" mystery series featuring an ocotgenarian protagonist with short-term memory loss. The series includes: Retirement Homes Are Murder set in Hawaii, Living With Your Kids Is Murder taking place in Colorado, Senior Moments Are Murder in Venice Beach, California, Curising in Your Eighties Is Murder, on an Alaskan cruise, and Care Homes Are Mur...more
More about Mike Befeler...
Retirement Homes Are Murder Living with Your Kids Is Murder Cruising in your Eighties is Murder Care Homes Are Murder Nursing Homes Are Murder