Start by marking “Love.com” as Want to Read:
Love.com

Love.com

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  19 reviews
What in the name of flowers and candy is going on?!?! People are falling in love and getting married in unheard-of numbers after meeting on the new internet dating site, Love.com. Marsha Underwood, Director of Marketing believes something fishy is going on; the crazy success can't be just good marketing. Marsha suspects her boss, Paul Latimer, may have something to do with ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Love.com, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love.com

Valentina
A mystery about an online matchmaking service with too much success, a promising premise for an interesting book. One, that fortunately, did not disappoint.
This is a fun book. The plot is fast paced, yet carefully constructed to tie in a number of seemingly unrelated storylines that provide a good background to the main character, Marsha. She is a dynamic business woman suffering under Paul Latimer’s unrequited love, a love that is as violent as it is obsessive. I do wish we’d seen a few more di
Meagan
I finished this book yesterday afternoon. Love.com was one of those books that got better and better with each page.

Essentially it is a book about a dating website that has an ungodly amount of success in it's first year. The marketing director starts getting suspicious and the deeper she digs, the more her life is endangered. The deeper I dove into the story the more I wanted to know. It definitely kept me reading until the end.

It was an easy, fun and enticing read that I would definitely rec
Alexia Chantel
A suspenseful read that will have you suspecting everyone till the end.

Written in short chapters that jump from characters to characters Bennett does a wonderful job of keeping the story moving at a fast pace. You are introduced to main characters and minor ones alike as everyone’s lives impact each other and intertwine. You follow the main female character as she navigates a new job that begins to smell fishy and a slightly stalkerish love interest. From there you get some felonies, moral line
Jacqueline Hopkins
If you like fast paced, well defined characters with suspense and romance rolled into one novel, you will like Love.com. An enjoyable read about an internet dating site started by father/son millionaires who hire a very outgoing, go-getting marketing executive who knows what she is doing. They also hire her father who knows what he is doing when it comes to men/women relationships. With the minds of the father/daughter team creating the best advertising ads and match-making questionaires, the da ...more
Al
My natural inclination is to be intrigued and generally enjoy novels that explore the impact, positive and negative, of new technologies on everyday life, especially those made possible by the internet. It is a rare day when I don’t marvel at how the internet has transformed life in how we gather information and interact with each other, but not without paying a price in privacy, to name just one area. The plot of Love.com is a perfect fit for my tastes in the way it combines technology and roma ...more
Conchie Fernandez
"Love.com" tells the story of a handful of colorful characters that embark on creating the premiere online dating service, using it, and ultimately debunking it. R. W. Bennett's debut novel opens with the main character, Marsha Underwood, explaining on Oprah why Love.com, the online dating company whose Marketing department she spearheads, has become an overnight sensation. Love.com not only swiftly pushes the competition from the playing field, but also breaks records garnering quick marriages ...more
Allizabeth Collins
Love.com by RW Bennet is a fast-paced mystery about a new dating site that's too good to be true. Paul Latimer, a wealthy man who wants to be wealthier, buys Love.com and sets a plan into motion. Members of this dating site won't have any fees to pay until, (and after), they find the one and tie the knot. The company even provides perks like wine, reservations, and gifts for added romance. Sounds great right? Until clients end up dead after meeting "the one".

Marsha Underwood is hired by Paul as
Kristi
As you can see by the lack of stars, this book did not go over well. While I hate (absolutely abhor) having to post a negative review, I also have to provide my honest opinion. So in the hopes of balancing honesty and tact, this review will be as succinct as possible.

For me, and again this is just a personal opinion, the jumping back and forth in time over the course of 3 years was just too convoluted, and the characters themselves read very monotone.

***I will provide an "honesty disclaimer" he
Kristi
Love.com is an Internet dating company, set up to allow people to find their Soulmate. But why does the company boast such a high number of not just matches but marriages? Marsha is determined to find out.

I had some trouble getting into this book. The first half bounced around a lot, between story lines as well as timelines. I liked reading about Devin and his search for his "Soulmate" on love.com. The problem was the author kept switching between this story (taking place in year 2 I believe) an
Stephanie Wolf
Sep 10, 2011 Stephanie Wolf rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
A new twist on the internet dating site. Why charge for members to meet, then stop collecting fees once they do? Instead, no membership fees to look for their special someone, the fees begin once they marry, and continue for life, or the length of the relationship. But why are Love.com members getting married in greater numbers than any other site?

Let’s also help these dates find each other at a specified restaurant, with complimentary flowers, some perfume and a glass of wine.

Marsha begins to t
Shelly
Love.com is a thriller with a fun and original plot. I would say one of its biggest strengths is its originality. I have read a lot of books over the years and this storyline was new for me. Once I got into the timeline of the book, I had a hard time putting it down. It moved along at a fast pace and there were many interesting side stories/characters that really added to my enjoyment.

The characters in the book are well developed. You'll love the good guys. Interestingly, you develop some sympa
Gregandemy
Just won this through Goodread's giveaway and I'm so excited. I thought this sounded like a fun book to read. Thanks!

Update 5/31/11- Took this book on vacation with us last week. It is a fun 'beach' book. Little romance mixed in with a mystery. The mystery was predictable and the romance was a little vulgar (not anywhere near a Harlequin romance- more PG-13), but it was still an enjoyable, easy read. Fun book for the summer.
Kelly McDonald
By the name you might think it's a romance...but it's a mystery of sorts. You learn about the blossoming of a successful match making website, and the money hungry creators will stop at nothing to make their business more and more profitable. The twists and turns keep you guessing an although I predicted the ending it was still a good read. Well done RW!
Cathy
Good story about an online matchmaking company that goes awry. Suspense and romance.
What happens when your company really takes off and you have more than 1 million marriages among your subscribers? Rumors start about several of the men dying during sex on the first date. Is something going on that not all the company execs know about?
Literary  Chanteuse
When I began the book it almost had a short stories feeling to it but as I read on the story began to tie in and I found it enjoyable. It did get a little technical and predictable for me however it is modern and fun with a creative approach.
Aimee McGill
This book had a little of everything. Im so glad I won it. Mystery mixed with romance and online dating what more could you want (LOL)
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Marlene
good time killer, the ending is pretty surprising although looking back i can not see the clues!
Heidi
I really enjoyed this book.
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Chioma Ofodile
Chioma Ofodile marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Deb
Deb added it
Jun 12, 2015
Bianca Rodríguez
Bianca Rodríguez marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Sneha
Sneha marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Marie
Marie added it
Jun 02, 2015
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • From Vegas with Blood
  • Priscilla the Great: The Kiss of Life (Priscilla the Great #2)
  • We are the Monsters
  • Heart Stealer
  • No Alibi (Doucette, #1)
  • American Dreamer
  • Playing Love's Odds
  • Bet On Love
  • Spectacle
  • Project Produce
  • Pensar Bien, Sentirse Bien / Think Well, Feel Well
  • Unconventional
  • A Naughty Noelle (The 19th Precinct, #1.5)
  • Memoirs of an Antihero
  • The Ultimate No-No
  • Historia de un crimen perfecto
RW Bennett has transitioned from a long business career to writing. Bennett has been a Sales and Marketing VP, a financial systems consultant, a restaurateur, a day trader and a CPA but has always loved the written, spoken and sung word. Bennett majored in chemistry and business administration at Wartburg College in Iowa where he was a varsity wrestler and rugby player. He earned an MBA from Unive ...more
More about R.W. Bennett...
Suicide Squeeze (The Fourth Outfielder Series, #1)