Start by marking “Instant Daddy (Love Inspired)” as Want to Read:
Instant Daddy (Love Inspired)

Instant Daddy (Noah's Crossing #1)

The toddler in Jessica Chandler's arms is Dr. Peter Sheridan's spitting image. Down to the auburn hair, dark brown eyes, cleft chinand small birthmark on his jaw. Peter had no idea he had a child. Or that the baby's mother passed on, and his son was being raised by her twin sister, Jessie. A workaholic with few personal ties, Peter has no clue how to be a father. Though Je
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published April 19th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Instant Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Daddy

Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
I loved the storyline and characters, and I thought "Instant Daddy" was a wonderful Christian romance. Peter and Jessie were amazing characters, among many others. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was an epilogue a little bit in the future, but other than that I loved it and I can't wait to read the next book by Carol Voss!
Apr 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I received this book from ACFW to review for the Carol Awards, and I am so glad I did! It was a great read with engaging characters that I rooted for throughout the book and a hero that I fell in love with :)
Courtney
Apr 22, 2017 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent novel, this was a new author for me and I enjoyed her work.
Thoroughly developed characters, story line was unique and well thought out. Sometimes when the story is complex as this one, the ending is rushed and left unfinished; however, Ms. Voss made sure to satisfy her readers from the very beginning until the very end.
I completed this novel in one day, could not put it down!
Donna Bagby
May 10, 2017 Donna Bagby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fatherhood

Emotional story about a man finding out about a son he never knew about. It is the story of a sister who !Ives and is raising this child. It is about giving up personal/selfish wants for the good of the child.
Favorite part is when the dad tries to bathe the active 18 month old.
Melinda Taylor
May 05, 2017 Melinda Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Strong Story

Absolutely loved the characters! Wonderful, considerate man and a strong woman. Usually, or rather sometimes, that can present a problem, but in this case, they understood each others feelings. In other words they respected, loved, and helped one another through the difficult times. Great story!
Elizabeth Fiscus
Beautiful story

This is a beautiful story of two people who are complete opposites finding common ground with the son they share. There are twists and turns in their journey and only when they are fully honest with each other will they find what God's plan is for them.
Cynthia
Great

Jessie was in a car accident and because of it is unable to have kids. Right after that she lost her fiancée because couldn't deal with it, and she didn't tell anyone else but her twin. Her sister was pregnant with Jake and was more interested in her research. So Jessie adopted him. Her sister died in a fire at her lab. At the one year anniversary they gave a scholarship to a student from their high school. Peter came as the representative to give it. Little did he know he would be meeting
Jennifer Robb
Nov 09, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers about relationships, Christian Romance readers
Recommended to Jennifer by: Amazon
I enjoyed this book. I enjoyed it all the more because the romance wasn't the focal point of the story all the time. The set up is odd to be sure--a set of identical twins--one of whom was injured in an auto accident and the other who ended up pregnant after a one-night stand. The pregnant sister arranges for her twin to adopt the baby and raise him. (She later dies but the plan was for her sister to raise the child anyway.) The baby's father (who didn't know about the pregnancy) discovers that ...more
Annie
Nov 11, 2016 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Instead Daddy: Inspirational Romance(Noah's Crossing Book 1)

I would recommend this story to anyone who doesn't think they deserve to be happy and in this wonderful story you will understand why. Also coming to believe in God can bring you what you didn't think you could ever have. It's a good clean book. Thanks Carol Voss.
Love
Dec 09, 2016 Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Love Story

This is an amazing love story with amazing characters that touch your heart and beautiful heartwarming storyline that will make you want to read it again and again.
Linda Walters
A nice, clean story that I enjoyed. Good main characters each with their own challenges. Lots of family on Jessie's side and a town where at least half was probably a relative. Now compare that to Peter's lifestyle of almost no one. Yes, he had a mother and father but they were so busy with their professional lives and always had been. He had grown up with nannies and boarding school and work. Imagine his surprise when he meets Jake? He has almost nothing to go on about being a father.
And mess
Priscilla
It's more of a 3.5 stars but just not quite a 4.
The story was lovely and nicely written. I enjoyed reading about little Jacob and how Jess' big family are so tight-knitted. But the relationship between Jess and Peter proceeded rather too quickly for my taste, and many details and backstories could have been elaborated on, e.g. Peter's parents, the censure the family must have faced when dealing with Clarissa's pregnancy, Jess' accident, Peter getting saved and knowing the Lord before marrying J
Rebekah Morris
I ended up skimming most of this book not because the content was bad, but because I really wasn't all that interested in the characters and it felt like the Christian parts were weak when the story line could have shown a powerful message. There was church going, some prayers and the guy just started "talking to God" as though that was all that was needed.
The author did include the fight to find cures for debilitating illnesses which I thought was good.

Others might enjoy the book more than I di
Dorel
May 18, 2017 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I read by Carol Voss. I loved this book's cover. I loved this book's story line. This book's story line was sad. I loved Peter's character. My heart broke for Peter. I loved Jessie's character. My heart broke for Jessie. I loved Jake, he was so cute & adorable. I loved the ending. I loved the God message of this story. Awesome job Ms. Voss.
Gina
Nov 02, 2014 Gina rated it really liked it
This was an awesomely good story about love, commitment, and caring for people. Peter Sheridan had a son, but he didn't know it until two years later. His son was given to Jessica Chandler by her twin Clarissa. Clarissa died in a fire, but she also didn't want to be a mother, so Jessica adopted her child. She was so afraid that Peter would take him away from her, but that was never his intention. Eventually he fell in love with her and had a hard time convincing her that they should get married. ...more
Connie
Mar 27, 2013 Connie rated it did not like it
Was not thought out well in view of an 18 month old and to much family interference I was very disappointed with the advice the grandfather has given to the real father of the child and for the selfishness of the entire book.
Beth
Dec 15, 2016 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well-written sweet/Christian romance.
Alisha
Dec 27, 2014 Alisha rated it really liked it
3.9
Jehangir Poncha
Jehangir Poncha rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2017
Donna Ruckart
Donna Ruckart rated it really liked it
May 06, 2017
Carmie
Carmie rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Alicia Lowery
Alicia Lowery rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2017
Lindis
Lindis rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2017
Jackie Thorpe
Jackie Thorpe rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Sherrie Davis
Sherrie Davis rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2017
Gina Lawson
Gina Lawson rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2017
Carole Clarke
Carole Clarke rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2017
Carol Simmons
Carol Simmons rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2017
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2017
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Carol Voss has received two Golden Heart nominations and two Maggie Award nominations. She has won the Heart of the Rockies contest, the Four Seasons Award, the Golden Pen, the Silver Quill, and the Published Beacon. She has published four books with Harlequin, three of which are Love Inspired inspirational romances. A BABY FOR SARAH is Carol’s fourth inspirational romance and received third place ...more
More about Carol Voss...

Noah's Crossing (4 books)
  • Love of a Lifetime (Noah's Crossing #2)
  • Daddy Next Door (Noah's Crossing #3)
  • A Baby for Sarah (Noah's Crossing #4)